Tis the season for Fabia to be misty .

VWD

Placed in Mk1, rather than car chat as it's mostly Mk 1 that get problems. I spotted a dehumidifier pack in Pound world the other day and picked one up to try. It's only a single use item -throw away when it's liquidy inside, but so far, no misted up windows,even with madam hot lips ( dog) left in car at shops. Also noticed a cheap unit in a store ( possibly Aldi ).

Watch out for big silica packs as provided in electronics products. Keep them, reuse them in your back wells

We had a lot come at work with apple products, kept them all to take home.

I don't seem to have any problems like that badly as much as I first did with the car pooly sealed from new.

Re-do the rear seats to keep water out with decent sealant, job done, simples.

I guess those throwaway packs only last so long, but perhaps they do dry out over summer if its really hot so I just leave them in the car all year around and have never paid for any such packs.

• Like 1

Watch out for big silica packs as provided in electronics products. Keep them, reuse them in your back wells

Years ago, when I was in pre teens years( so possibly 50+ago), we used to get wellie boot dryiers. Possibly something for use today, as they were re usable.

this usually highlights issues with the door seals. Its a poor design by VAG and something the fabia (both MK1&2 that I have exprienced so far) has trouble with. If you want to try and "solve" the problem then I'd suggest search on here as there are a few guides.

Yep got the same problem on the estate misty windows but changing the door cards to black ones the lime green don't look right seats are going black and heated is it just the door plates that leak or are there other known faults had the water passing in through heater box sorted that by clearing the drain hole under scuttle panel...

• Like 1

Yep got the same problem on the estate misty windows but changing the door cards to black ones the lime green don't look right seats are going black and heated is it just the door plates that leak or are there other known faults had the water passing in through heater box sorted that by clearing the drain hole under scuttle panel...

Water can get in the back carpet area if the rear washer pipe joint is has separated behind the rear side trim...

DSC00803.jpg

Worth checking as mine was like that when I first got my car. My rear washer still worked but at reduced pressure as the rest was leaking into the car.

Edited by TMB
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If it is just general winter moisture then using the likes of the Pingi bags should definitely cure it.

I also find using the air-con until the car is fully warmed up clears things. Then turn the A/C off, fan speed up, temperature up and open the windows slightly and blast it for ages to dry out the A/C system. Then try to avoid using A/C all together once it's dried out.

In my Octavia once winter hit and my windows started misting up I would do the above but park the car on the drive, turn the temperatures and fan speeds right up and get out the car and let it run for 10 minutes with the boot slightly open and windows closed to force the air right through the car. Seemed to do the trick... but don't try sitting in the car and doing this or you might roast! lol

Popped into poundland on the back of this thread and picked up one of their wardrobe dehumidifers. I have to say, it's made an astounding difference to the car in the morning. It used to be full of mist, whilst now I can get in and quite happily drive away. I have it on the back of the passenger seat at the moment, and it seems to be doing it's job nicely.

No idea how often I'll need to replace it but definitely worth it, plus it smells of "ocean mist"

Had mine in for a fortnight and it's made a difference. Especially when we return from shopping and madam hotlips ( dog) has got herself hot .

Still looking for somewhere to put it . only place at moment id in passenger footwell, as I don't want it near dog. But Swimbo keeps on knocking it over

Edited by VWD

I wanted a Pingi Penguin dehumidifier but apparently it looked too much like a toy and shouldn't be chewed on by munchkins..... So the EU or H&S banned them . :(

Last year I picked up a one-use large dehumidifier. It eventually lived down by the B pillar wedged by the seat. Did a good job.