Columbus Map Updating

ihinhk

Am assuming I have a MkII Superb (was bought new 2014). The Columbus system factory installed has an SD card slot in the front. Can I not use this to update the maps or does it have to be done using CD. There was no CD or SD supplied with the vehicle. The new MkIII version seems that you can update by downloading from Skoda to a SD card then updating in the vehicle but not sure about the MkII. I know there are a lot of articles on Briskoda about mapping updates but could not find anything specific to my question most of the posts seem to relate to how you do the update. Grateful of any assistance.

Official map updates for the Columbus (RNS-510) are only available on DVD. The latest was released in November 2016 and is V14, they aren't cheap from a dealer I'm afraid.

There are third party tools to convert the DVD to a CD and SD card, the CD is used to boot the unit in to a software update mode and then it takes the maps from the SD card onto the internal drive.

Easiest way is update with CD. There is one offer on ebay for 40 quit, copy of original CD.

Of course. looking around in web you may find charge free possibilities.

Keyword is RNS 510 Europe West V14 (8477).

There are third party tools to convert the DVD to a CD and SD card, the CD is used to boot the unit in to a software update mode and then it takes the maps from the SD card onto the internal drive.

The tool hasnt been updated for V14 map yet has it??

I had to use a DL DVD this time

All the Info is in this post.

Just upgraded to V14  :nerd:

Edited by DEL80Y

The tool hasnt been updated for V14 map yet has it??

The current version hasn't, if you can find 2.0.2 or earlier then there is no version check and that should work.

Not sure if it can compress it to SL but should be good for the SD method :)

• Like 1

Just be aware, sometimes the SD card method results in removing the hardware info from the Columbus, so that reading the units Version Information from the developer menu shows no hardware status. It needs the correct firmware reinstalling to rectify the missing data.

Much better to install the maps via a DL DVD if you can, and avoid playing with software updates to achieve an updated maps version.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the comments posted in reply to my original question. Don't suppose anyone has gone to the expense of buying a genuine Skoda DVD to update their maps for the Columbus RN-510 and willing to send it to me. Obviously I am prepared to contribute to the cost and return postage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know if v14 is still the latest Map version? I have a 2013 Superb Elegance.

Looking to upgrade the maps.

If anyone is selling, im interested to buy a DVD.

regards

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:27, ihinhk said:

Don't suppose anyone has gone to the expense of buying a genuine Skoda DVD to update their maps for the Columbus RN-510 and willing to send it to me. Obviously I am prepared to contribute to the cost and return postage.

I don't want to post it but I see you live by me - "united kingdom" so you could just borrow it for an hour ....haha

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 13:46, superbdreams said:

I don't want to post it but I see you live by me - "united kingdom" so you could just borrow it for an hour ....haha

Hi a few people i know have used this seller on ebay with great results & he has perfect feedback http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122470922130?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 1 month later...
On 6.05.2017 at 01:55, *murph* said:

Hi a few people i know have used this seller on ebay with great results & he has perfect feedback http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122470922130?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hi M8 i cant send you message because im allowed to send two per day, could you pm me? or send me email? [email protected]

I'm not sure what version firmware or maps I have already. I think I need VCDS to open up a menu or it will tell me as part of the scan or is there another way to tell?

DVD that came with says Europe West (V7). However, should I feel the need, is this set of firmware and maps ok? I won't brick my 60 Plate Superb Estate Elegance Columbus unit will I?

Portal just says " Your navigation can be updated only at the service. Please contact your dealer for more information".