Another Amundsen maps update novice...help!

I have a 16 plate vRS with Amundsen and have input my VIN on the update portal, there are two updates available:

ECE 1 2017 (12GB) which includes the UK

ECE 2 2017 (4GB) which covers various other countries

Firstly, I have removed the card from the car, slid the switch to unlock, and copied the two existing folders to my machine - these are named 00 and EEC, and total 14.7 GB. I have then formatted the card to NTFS as suggested in a thread on here.

As I have no need for the second (ECE 2) update, I have only downloaded the first update, to a folder on the C drive on my Windows 7 Pro machine - this totalled 12.5GB. However, during the download, it has not asked at any stage where I would like to 'unpack' the files to, as suggested by others on here, and indeed by Skoda themselves - they say on their website: 

"For the operating system Windows you will be provided with a download manager that will guide you through the whole process of downloading and unpacking the data. All downloaded files are in ZIP format."

Once again, as per advice found on this forum, I have then used '7 zip' to extract these files to the SD card, but now when I open the SD card, I see the following:

• A file folder called STD2_0730_EU1_2017.zip (which is only 3.23 GB)
  • inside this is a folder called 'maps' (also 3.23 GB)
  • when this is opened I have a folder called '00' (3.23 GB again)
  • inside '00' are three folders, 'cfg', 'nds' and 'sds'

I also got this message:

post-61800-0-20022200-1482224601_thumb.jpg

Whilst I realise I have removed all original files from the card and only replaced some (i.e not the ECE 2 download) I appear to have downloaded 12 GB of compressed files, but only extracted 3.23 GB? What have I done wrong?!  :sweat:

I made this mistake too, luckily they only took a few minutes to download.

ECE 1 is for Western Europe, i.e. UK

ECE 2 is for Eastern Europe, i.e. Cyprus

You only apply the one of them, not both.

Annoyingly, I didn't realise that my dealer had already updated my SD card to the latest version so after backing up, wiping the SD card and downloading the update, I realised it was the same version. It took 3 hours to copy the files to the SD card where as it took 3 minutes to download both updates... Go figure.

In regards to your problem, you are trying to extract a .tmp file which means you haven't fully downloaded it properly.

• Like 1

The downloader which opens up when you choose which map you want to download does everything, well for me it did. After finished downloading it will ask you where to unpack the map and you just have to choose the destination path for the card

• Like 1

I made this mistake too, luckily they only took a few minutes to download.

ECE 1 is for Western Europe, i.e. UK

ECE 2 is for Eastern Europe, i.e. Cyprus

You only apply the one of them, not both.

Annoyingly, I didn't realise that my dealer had already updated my SD card to the latest version so after backing up, wiping the SD card and downloading the update, I realised it was the same version. It took 3 hours to copy the files to the SD card where as it took 3 minutes to download both updates... Go figure.

In regards to your problem, you are trying to extract a .tmp file which means you haven't fully downloaded it properly.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Wow - you must have awesome broadband speed - see image above, it took hours & hours, and that's on a work machine! Seems like the download wasn't successful then - I'll give it a go on another machine with better connection, elsewhere.

To be fair, I downloaded the raw ZIP files on a Mac, so didn't use any downloaders. 

I have Virgin's 200mb cable connection which is great when the other end has a fast connection, but when they don't it's just as bad as a dial up modem.

Haha lol I can't believe I did this, complete brainfart, trying to extract a tmp file.  :doh:  :blush:  :D  I had left it downloading overnight as it was so slow, assumed it had finished when I came back to it. What a virgin!

Work use a microwave type broadband and it's c**p at the best of times.