2017 F1 General Discussion Topic

camelspyyder

Having got the better of the FIA last week, Vettel is now questioning their decisions about other drivers...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130635/vettel-certain-unhuman-bottas-jumped-start

Wah! Wah! Wah!

He's just not got great starts lately - Verstappen took him to the cleaners of the line in Montreal too.

To think the British audience used to like this d1ck when he was a smiley youngster who liked Monty Python.

Ever since Webber proved to be real competition for him, Vettel has been a total Kraut Brat.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

more excuses from Max:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130633/verstappen-clutch-problem-led-to-crash

not - Max messed up the start

or - Max messed up all of his 3 runs in Q3

Only stats go down in history, and he's currently getting spanked in the points by his team-mate.

Big question is, can we consider Bottas a serious title contender as let's face it, Hamilton would be ahead of Vettel in the points if it wasn't for the headrest + gearbox penalty. Even starting p3 I think Hamilton would have finished at least p2 today. Onwards to Silverstone. 

4 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Having got the better of the FIA last week, Vettel is now questioning their decisions about other drivers...

The Stewards were wrong to say ' No Penalty' for Bottas - There was no offence!

Biggest cheer of the day for Fernando leaping from P20 to P1 with the last lap of Q1, having beaten the chequer by 0.0? seconds.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:31, KenONeill said:

Yeah, on that general subject, is there an actual rule on reaction time in motor racing like there is in athletics events (sprinting and hurdles races)?

Apparently not; the sensor in the track just detects whether the car moves before the lights go out, although they were saying on the C4 programme today that there is some tolerance, as the cars move a little when put in gear etc. They also showed that Bottas' car moved a fraction before the lights went out.

Oh how we laughed when Hamilton announced he was leaving McClaren for Mercedes back in 2012.

Today he didn't have to do too much except drive and that he did without any issues. Vettel moans when Max pushed him wide, but Vettel had pushed Max wide at the previous corner. I was hoping Vettel's puncture would prevent him finishing. One point between Vettel and Hamilton sets up the second half of the season nicely.

• Like 1

Mercedes had a major pace advantage this weekend. Hamilton setting fastest lap on 20 odd lap old soft tyres while the Ferraris were 1.5 seconds or more slower says a lot. Fun race all in all, kudos to Ricciardo and Hulkenberg too

Well done Dani, Max and the Hulk,  Palmer just getting most of the bad luck.  

Renault engined cars 3 out of the top 6 with some help from Pirelli.

Kyvat going to lose his Torro Rosso place some time soon I would have thought. 

26 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Well done Dani, Max and the Hulk,  Palmer just getting most of the bad luck.  

Plus Ricciardo's turbo failure in Q1 on Saturday and Max dropped off of the pace once Vettel passed him. I don't think Palmer will keep his drive much longer either.

5 hours ago, moley said:

Plus Ricciardo's turbo failure in Q1 on Saturday and Max dropped off of the pace once Vettel passed him. I don't think Palmer will keep his drive much longer either.

After 5 straight podiums it was a tall order for Rici to do it for a sixth time, good run of points and with Hungary and Singapore next just might close the points on the Ferrari number 2 driver and Max, I reckon, is a great driver for one so young and quite likely to go to Ferrari or Mercedes if someone should lose or give up their seat I reckon.

Palmer has a wealthy daddy but difficult to see even that will save him from the chop even with all the bad luck he has had taken in to account.        

Surprising, no complaints about Pirelli from Vettel / Ferrari this time.

I suspect they knew their set-up was marginal for tyre-wear, much like the risks BTCC teams take at Thruxton, and are keeping quiet about it.

Maybe so. Or they realise they need to push the limits to try to catch Mercedes and went too far. Mercedes have had their gearbox issues on both cars because of pushing them too far to gain fractions of a tenth

I wonder if Di Resta will go with them - mind you it's far enough away that he might just decide to retire by that point and stay warm and dry in the Sky F1 studios

Edited by Wet Kipper
clarity