2017 F1 General Discussion Topic

camelspyyder

Without a bean to your name you can leave and enter the UK. You might actually need to if you have not much.

With unlimited resources & good buddies you might not ever want too as not many places on earth are as good for stretching out being made to leave as the good old British Isles, 

especially once you are paying Lawyers & others in or out of the UK.

• Administrators

But with plenty of beans to your name, you might be able to do so without getting your feet wet ;) 

Back on full chat, renault... they did quite well. How long till they challenge red bull? 1 season? 6 races?

Did I hear a brief mention sauber might be getting honda bricks? 

Well done Bo77as.:clap::clap:

This weekend must be a massive wake-up call for Hamilton. Off the pace on all three days.

Kimi should have had pole easily as well but for missing the last apex on his Q3 lap.

• Like 1

Many congrats to Bottas. Looked quick all weekend and took advantage of Hamilton being slightly off it. He will be back I'm sure in Spain. Merc and Ferrari so much faster than everyone else

Nice to see some genuine competition now, I did laugh when Hamilton said 'We never sandbag' after practice but it turns out for once they weren't. Chuffed for Bottas though, well deserved win, appears to be the most grounded & nicest guy ever too! 

I can only assume Sauber will get paid by Honda to run the engines, else it seems financial suicide to me? 

16 hours ago, matt1chelski said:

I can only assume Sauber will get paid by Honda to run the engines, else it seems financial suicide to me? 

At least gives McL the opportunity to get out of Honda?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:00, Coops said:

At least gives McL the opportunity to get out of Honda?

Precious little sympathy from me; RBR are still proving that it is possible for a customer team to beat the works team. (and you know how I normally feel about VMB!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was fun.  Even if the new rules make overtaking harder, all you need are 2 top teams at a very close performance level.

Amazing because Barcelona has a historic habit of making for boring races.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a track to balls qualifying up on! Will be interesting to see how far up the field he can get but I cant see him getting much further than top 6 maybe? Even thats going to be hard work if theres not many retirements. 

Great to see JB back out there, would have been good to see if he would have pipped Soffel but he kept it out the barriers which is the first aim I guess lol.

Hopefully we see a decent race tomorrow, well, as decent as Monaco can be. 

I thought it was riveting despite the lack of overtaking; part of that's geography, like always knowing where any shot is of and from.

Pascal Weirlein is a very lucky man, and should go and buy some lottery tickets!

Must keep a recording of this year's Monaco if I cannot sleep one evening.

Compared to the Indy 500 and WSB today, and the WTCC yesterday, the F1 was the least entertaining by a country mile.

16 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Must keep a recording of this year's Monaco if I cannot sleep one evening.

Compared to the Indy 500 and WSB today, and the WTCC yesterday, the F1 was the least entertaining by a country mile.

You risk never waking up again. 

I am watching Indy at the moments. It is brilliant.

14 minutes ago, kevberlin said:

You risk never waking up again. 

I am watching Indy at the moments. It is brilliant.

Steak and shake, shake and bake.

Alonsooooo.

Buddy Lasier just binned it. Great names.

Edited by lol-lol

I watched Monaco - bored stupid.

Never watched Indy 500 before as I am not that interested in the format but was curious to see how Alonso got on; I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seriously held my breath when that first crash happened; could hardly believe it when he undid his straps and climbed out! Good action throughout and a great finish.

Reading the above comments I am not alone.

Ericsson blames "brake problems" for crashing whilst passing safety car.

It was such a bone accident it proved what I always thought - his "problem" is way more budget than talent!

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 2