I'd just like to say goodbye to Mr Grumpy.

sharkrider

I remember his drinking club !!!

Yeah he could certainly hold his own on the forum, I used to like his tales of his wifes driving skills (or lack of)

RIP

lol.. yeah, so do I ! I was hoping this thread would generate some good memories, so people can look on life fondly rather than focusing on death, and there have been some nice comments, of people genuinely enjoying knowing him :) I remember a lot of fun in the brisky "chat rooms" too lol....

• Like 1

Bless , it is still hard to take in

We had met a couple of times , and I remember Mark and him being a bit merry wanting to get underneath a car lol

Yes mad sense of humour but as has been said , not REALY a grumpy man bless

He will be sadly missed by many , including us

Sarah

• Like 1

Graham bought the plate B19 VRS off me many moons ago and I asked him if he ever wanted to sell it could I have first refusal, years later he phoned me asking If I wanted the plate back at the same price I'd sold it to him for all those years earlier. I actually declined the offer but that was the type of person he was, utterly Mad, Bonkers, honest and true to his word

What you saw in Grumpy is what you got, honesty, bundle of joy and happiness ( even from a grumpy bloke )

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

Dies this explain the speeding thread he started? If so, did he manage to rack some up?

kind of yeah.... must have been lots of conflicting emotions going on, I can't even begin to imagine :( don't think he got caught though lol....

• Like 1

Graham helped me plan and lead the driving route when I organised the first Burrs Camping meet (back in 2006 I think). The stop off point on this was the Turnpike Inn (overlooking the dam near Ripponden) and from there we started the monthly Lancs / Yorks meet which later moved to the The Malt House just down the road in Rishworth.

I remember Burrs 06, though I was just on a day trip to that meet with Shifty.

Burrs 07 however probably ranks up there with the best weekends I've had! It was perfect - I'd just bought Blufabi and it was the first meet I'd taken it to. When I arrived I wanted to wipe the flies off the front, and it somehow turned into a full scale lesson from Graham on how to wash my car properly! Why there were wash mitts, buckets and car shampoo present at a camping meet I'll never know! Ha!

We had a game of "how many people can you fit in the boot of a superb" (was it 6?), grilled field mushroom, team raft building, alcohol and Emily had so much fun she had to rush off and buy new underwear!!! Hahaha!

I remember a fab chilled Sunday afternoon in the on site pub with ColG and Grumpy, where I was persuaded to stay another night on the condition that col could get hold of that night's 24 for me to watch as I would miss it if I stayed! Lol.

In amongst this, Sarah and Mark got in trouble from campsite staff for trying to have a shower together! :roll eyes: hahaha!

And the best part - I didn't even have to sleep in a tent! Win :)

Good times, oh to go back to those days....

• Like 3

I remember Burrs 06, though I was just on a day trip to that meet with Shifty.

Burrs 07 however probably ranks up there with the best weekends I've had! It was perfect - I'd just bought Blufabi and it was the first meet I'd taken it to. When I arrived I wanted to wipe the flies off the front, and it somehow turned into a full scale lesson from Graham on how to wash my car properly! Why there were wash mitts, buckets and car shampoo present at a camping meet I'll never know! Ha!

We had a game of "how many people can you fit in the boot of a superb" (was it 6?), grilled field mushroom, team raft building, alcohol and Emily had so much fun she had to rush off and buy new underwear!!! Hahaha!

I remember a fab chilled Sunday afternoon in the on site pub with ColG and Grumpy, where I was persuaded to stay another night on the condition that col could get hold of that night's 24 for me to watch as I would miss it if I stayed! Lol.

In amongst this, Sarah and Mark got in trouble from campsite staff for trying to have a shower together! :roll eyes: hahaha!

And the best part - I didn't even have to sleep in a tent! Win :)

Good times, oh to go back to those days....

Ha ha , stunning weekend that one

As you say , one of the best ☺️

I remember the how many can get in the boot , Mark and Mr G a bit merry wanting to get jacks out to get under a car

Oh and shhh about the shower thing lol

A brilliant weekend much fun ❤️

Sarah

Sadly never crossed swords with Mr G.

Always respected him for the way he disguised his illness with a mad sense of humour.

Had many a coffee/keyboard incident reading his posts.

RIP Brisky Legend.

Edited by Robjon
  • Like 4

Hahaha! Mil though..... renowned for this sort of post :) he still on here! I think I have him on Facebook somewhere

IIRC he (Mil) posted about 18 months ago. Not seen anything since. James Rothwell (can't remember his forum handle) may know more :/

• Like 1