Phone Holders

What are people using as phone holders?

I'm using Car Play so the phone needs to be cabled to the USB plug which is a bit of a limiting factor, I currently have an air vent holder on the right of the steering wheel but the positioning isn't great as the cable is run over the steering wheel

I've seen these from Brodit but I don't think the phone (iPhone plus) will fit in that gap and the one above the stereo will leave the cable trailing over the screen

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Skoda/Fabia/2016.htm?steer=rhd

Thanks

If you're using CarPlay... Don't you just leave it in the thing by the USB socket? In front of the cupholders? Can't see why you need to see the screen when you've got CarPlay!

Yeah my S7 Edge doesn't fit too well in their either- I just put it in there upright with the cable sticking out the top! I need to get a shorter cable though, the 1m one I have now just gets in the way.

I've used Brodit phone holders in other cars, were very good quality, I think I had to buy two parts: - Part A was made to fit the car and Part B was made to suit the phone, So it didn't matter what the car & phone combination was - you just buy the two parts and they both have compatible connections.

I've had brodit holders before and I do like them, has anyone used the fabia mount? - The one for the a-pillar looks to be in too small a gap for a modern phone, and the central vent one looks to leave the cable hanging in front of the stereo

Yeah my S7 Edge doesn't fit too well in their either- I just put it in there upright with the cable sticking out the top! I need to get a shorter cable though, the 1m one I have now just gets in the way.

I'm exact same as you pal. I just throw mine anywhere I do have a phone holder for when I'm in wagon but with this smart link I don't touch my phone I can do anything I want through the car stereo

I use the Kenu Airframe (you can get a 'plus' sized one for the Plus). It sits in the air vents so is fairly subtle. However it does mean it's advisable to have the central vents switched off as it can cause the phone to overheat if you have hot air coming out of them for a prolonged period.

• 5 weeks later...

I just bought the Belkin Cup holder mount.

Very good and fits most phone sizes (Mine is an iPhone 7+)

Nice and neat and keeps the cable tidy using a small hole at the top of the base.

Very happy with the purchase 

IMG_9138_zpsunaxfcyt.jpg

IMG_9499_zps7gaxbjpi.jpg

Edited by Damo
  • Like 3

I use the same as Damo from Belkin - it is perfect for the Apple Car Play.

I found a black cable with right angle connector too from eBay which makes it an even neater solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H4tter said:

I found a black cable with right angle connector too from eBay which makes it an even neater solution.

That's my next purchase sorted. Cheers

Edited by Damo

On a different note I've seen on the German forum thatbsme people put LEDs in the panel above where the USB socket is 

It shines down to light the cup holders up 

Ill dig a picture out when I get a minute just curious how they did it 

1 hour ago, malcster said:

On a different note I've seen on the German forum thatbsme people put LEDs in the panel above where the USB socket is 

It shines down to light the cup holders up 

belkin do a usb charger that fits in the 12v power socket next to the usb slot that has a green led in it and lights up the cup holder area nicely . no wiring required and so simple !!!!

I'm not happy with it either. I thought about running the cable so it came out through the blank button between the stop/start and parking sensor buttons under the air vent. I've ordered a Brodit one with the charging cable built in to try, size-wise where it will fit 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 19:19, colinmeadows said:

belkin do a usb charger that fits in the 12v power socket next to the usb slot that has a green led in it and lights up the cup holder area nicely . no wiring required and so simple !!!!

@colinmeadows You got a product link to that  belkin do a usb charger with green LED?