Octavia 2017 Facelift

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of ordering a new car and I'm torn between a few models. Frustratingly, having waited for Kodiaq pricing and release information I now find that the Octavia (also in contention) is due to be facelifted 'soon'. I really need to order a new car soon as I'm paying through the nose for a Yeti on a short-term flexi-lease at the moment.

I can't find any definitive information on when the new pricing and specs will be available, let alone when the range will actually be available for delivery. 

Does anyone know if this information is available yet? I'd also be interested to know if all models (estate, scout etc...) are going to be available at the same time, or if they are to be released over time.

If anyone can provide definitive information I'd be really grateful!

Thanks.

Welcome, 

For the best definitive answer it really should be a Skoda Dealer that is going to put in an order for you that tells you, 

or Skoda UK Customer Services since they are all about sales and very little now about after sales or technical knowledge.

all the best

george

Thanks George. I spoke to my local dealer today and his estimate was late April / May for vehicles to be leaving the forecourt. 

It was good in some ways - it's helped me to make up my mind and go for the Superb... :-)

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By S400DDS
      Skoda Octavia vRS CR TDi - £5500 ovno

Registered 8th September 2010
      2 previous owners Corrida Red 106,000 miles (as 0f 20th February 2017) rising approx 350 miles/week   Standard vRS trim and equipment including: 6 speed Manual Transmission 18” Neptune Alloys (Nokian WR D4 Winter tyres fitted), plenty of tread left, these will last a few more winters. Cruise Control Auto Headlights & Windscreen Wipers Dual zone Climatronic Auto Dim Rearview Mirror   Factory Optional Extras: AFS2 (cornering) Xenon Headlights Optical Parking System (OPS – front and rear parking sensors, displayed on Columbus) Centre Armrest with air-conditioned Jumbo Box Full Black Leather Interior Heated Front Seats Columbus Stereo, Aux-in, SD Card slot Underseat storage drawer (passenger side) Full size spare wheel (wheel brace & jack, etc.)   My Additions: Polo 6R Stubby Aerial (Genuine VW) New style wheel centre caps (not pictured) New style Front and Rear Skoda badges Black Front Grill Surround (Plastidip, matches textured black plastic) REVO Stage 1 Remap (at 69,000 miles)   Service History: MoT due 1st October 2017 Battery Replaced October 2016 Wheel Alignment (Hunter) September 2016 Rear brake discs and pads replaced September 2016 (HQ Garage, Fife) Latest Service August 2016 (HQ Garage, Fife) Front Brake discs and pads replaced September 2015 (VW Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh) Timing Belt and Water Pump changed at 69,007 miles (West End Skoda, Dunfermline)   Remap/Reliability I bought the car in March 2014 at 69,000 miles had a REVO Stage 1 Remap put on by GTI World (Western VW, Edinbrurgh). Result = noticeably hike in power and torque, smoother delivery and improved MPG (I can squeeze 600+ miles out of a tank, mixed driving). The clutch shows no signs of slipping and the turbo/engine haven't skipped a beat. Car has run faultlessly for the last 3 years, with routine servicing, recent new brakes (discs & pads) and a new battery.   Bodywork The car has over 100,000 miles on it so has picked up the odd stonechip and scratch. I have tried to photograph the larger scratches: Passenger Front door rub strip has minor scratch (~6cm) down to black plastic. Photo #9 Driver side doors have a scratch between them (~10cm). Photo #5 The bonnet grille has been Plastidip coated for 37,000+ miles and only now needs re-applying (I plan to repaint it on Friday 25th Feb)   Interior Leather seats show almost no wear, rear seats rarely sat in. No rips, burns, stains. Never been smoked in. Brushed silver dash trim Steering wheel shows no major wear. Very good condition for 100,000+ miles. I fitted a brand new LED screen Columbus (Revision H) and coded in the parking sensors and Climate control to work with it. Armrest, air-conditioned Jumbo box and glove box, AUX-in under armrest.   Sale I am located 10 miles out of Edinburgh, happy to show the car at my home. If you are travelling a distance I am happy to meet you at Edinburgh Airport or Train Station. Only reason for sale - I fancy a SEAT Leon!   More interior Photos will be uploaded in the next day or so.                      
    • By faarn
      I am selling my 2015 Skoda Octavia Mk3 Estate TDi VRS in metallic grey.  It has covered just under 22500 miles and was first registered in march 2015.

The car has all the usual VRS features and I added a tow bar (removable) and side air bag curtain as extras.  The car had its second service in December and new front tyres 2 weeks ago.  The rear tyres still have about 4mm+ on them.

The car still has 14 months warranty and is in very good condition.  You'd struggle to find a cheaper car of the same age/spec.

Reason for sale is we want to release the equity in it and so have taken out a PCH on a Superb Estate Se Technology.

I am looking for £15250.  This is £1000 less than I originally had it on for and £1500 less than the next similar car on Autotrader.  The car can be seen near Ilminster, somerset.  

UPDATE: Autotrader advert here. With lots more photos.
    • By istannbullu34
      This is a chain belt driven - CBZB engine. Wanted to share my experience after 6 months.

I sold my 1.5 DCI Megane 2 because of faulty gear box in August 2016, which needed a gear box change, I used it for 2 years and around  25k km / around 15k miles and before the gearbox issue, I was mostly happy with it.

Looked and test drove new Fabia estate 1.2 TSI - which really had good performance however, I thought that 10k was a little too much for that and the car felt a little small.

Wanted to go for something with better quality and big boot - then decided on Octavia after checking a few in used card dealers, 1.2 TSI had really good performance - acceleration was impressive for that small engine, and I thought why not buy one? Then finally I got 2011 Nov built Octavia (came into traffick in Feb 2012) with 56k KM / 35k miiles on the clock, with full service history, paid around 6k GBP

I must say that I and my wife, we heard when the guy first started the car - the weird rattling sound but did not pay attention to it much.

My biggest mistake was to neglect checking the model and especially the engine about the known issues on the internet - I had a look but did not go for detailed search.

Will start with summarizing the pluses and minuses

I did around 7k  kms/ 4k miles  in six months.

I like the color,  for starters

+ superb acceleration and performance for such small engine
      + big boot 
      + quiet engine
      + does not consume much for a petrol engine if you do not have heavy foot
      + fair handling - (could be better ) 
      + 6th gear is good for long distance trips

- uncertainty about the future of the car because of issues with cam chain
      - turbo lags  (after replacing the turbo actuator valve and after the adjustment, feels better)
      - takes inside a lot of road noise
      - rear wiper acts weird
      - AC (manual controls) do not work properly
      - no rear passenger airbags in Classic version
      - rear parking sensor is so sensitive - especially if the car gets dirty, beeping so loud all the time
      - the handles on the doors are very bad quality plastics

About fuel consumption. I must say I have a heavy foot however about the RPM, i try not to force the limits of the car. I can quickly become impatient and get angry in the traffic and push the gas pedal but especially until the engine temps up, try not to pass 2500 rpm, and never pushed her more than 4000 RPM - this was just for once on the highway to see how comfortable she goes without shouting much.

my best mpg  was 46, 60 percent extra urban and 40 percent urban (some part of it on the highway) 
      Generally it is going around 40 mpg taking into account that I am in colder climate
      When it is very cold (freezing weather) the wors was around 36 mpg 

When I listen to the engine I think that around 140 kmh / 85 mph, she revs around 3000 rpm and you feel that she is not struggling.  Generally, I do not pass the limit of 160 kmh /  100 mph which she does not struggle to do, however you can feel that it is enough for her -  not to make the engine tired.

I have had some bad luck which I posted in the forum - turbo actuator valve has failed 2 weeks ago and some issue with the breaks because of the stuff being used on the roads against frost - as I am also a little finicky, just put it on sale and waiting for a good offer. The cam chain set will be changed in Skoda dealer tomorrow, mostly with their participation in the cost.

If I manage to sell, I plan to purchase a 2008-2010 Civic Sedan 1.8 i-Vtec - preferably an automatic transmission.

• By Soonmixdin
      A set of 4 brand new Hankook Winter tyres fitted to used VAG 15" steel rims, that were originally from an Octavia Estate.

Unfortunately these didn't fit my car, should have checked the vRS caliper clearance before buying tyres!!

Anyway, I just want shot of them quickly so up for £100 starting bid on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=222411884132