Bolero MIB2 software update 252

Does anyone know how to install the iso ?

The author suggest to do the upgrade only if you trust your abilities, but does not mention what is the procedure.

I have read on a VW forum that a similar update was done using an sd card and ODIS.

I have tested this update (my previous version was 0245)

All I did was unpack the .iso with WinRAR and put the folder structure + .txt in the root of the SD card.

To start with update procedure press and hold the MENU button and wait for the service menu to appear.
Select SW Update, then Update, Select SD card, select Release and finally press Start.

P.S.

​It is multilingual SW

Edited by dskoric
  • Like 1

To he honest haven't noticed any, but still didn't test much...

What I have found on drive2.ru (google translate)

According to TPI software update to version 0252 on MIB2 Bolero fixes the following complaints:
- Is temporarily closed indication of optical parking aid when reverse gear, acoustic signal system is in order.
- Display parking system on the screen does not turn off at speeds above 10 km / h.
- Sporadic failures rear view camera display.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hej guys.

Just installed this update. Did it while I was driving to work (yes, engine-on, start-stop off, bluetooth off, upgrade while driving) - it took approx. 30 minutes and noticed no problems whatsoever. My hardware is H24 and previous version was 241.

As some users already suggested, I unpacked ISO with 7Zip fully to SD card, then accessed the update function with an long press of MENU button. Tryied upgrading via USB day before, but USB option in upgrade menu was grayed out and only SD card was enabled.

I did the upgrade mainly because of promised fixes for rear-view camera, where occasionally I get errors (e.g. if I leave the car in reverse when parked and upon startup it then shows me error "Parking pilot currently not available"). Will see if update improves things... Other changes I didn't notice yet.

Still have to plug in VCDS and look for possible errors - not sure if version confirmation via diagnostics is required, but there was a screen suggesting something like that at the end of upgrade..

Edited by milanj
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2017 at 12:51, jjc said:

is there one for Colombus? Please

John

Apparently there is :) < link removed>

mod note: please do not post links to copyright material.

Edited by mannyo
Remove copyright links.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, stanian said:

How come this is not available via the official update portal?

Because firmware updates are officially dealer only and should never be in the public domain, the links posted at the start of this thread have been removed as they should have never been in the public domain and breach forum rules.

There is a reason they are not public, if the update goes wrong then your dealer is not going to want to know and you'll be left with a headunit that will not be fixed by a dealer.

Edited by mannyo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, nrvous said:

Apparently there is :) < link removed>

mod note: please do not post links to copyright material.

There was no actual link for the firmware file, just the information it is available for Columbus (MIB2)..

13 hours ago, mannyo said:

if the update goes wrong then your dealer is not going to want to know and you'll be left with a headunit that will not be fixed by a dealer.

That argument applies to a whole load of software and hardware modifications that are discussed on this forum all the time.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...