Any race blue vRS 230's about ? or stay with what I have

Just wondered, 230's in race blue. Are there any still for sale on new car sites ? Only 1 on carwow (edit and its not blue it was black).

Also what to pay ( new, or nearly new or a year old ) ?

Just wondered, my 2014 is fine but just thought maybe worth getting slightly newer and maybe go blue instead of black,

plus the 230 slight perks ( full leather, slightly better exhaust and diff )

Not really that bothered, its just mines approaching the 50k, 2014 made me think whether it might be worth keeping all ideas on the table

Edited by vRSAnt

Ah right, thanks for indeed clarifying that !

I guess that rules that out then unfortunately, pity (I think they should have).

Any places doing cracking new car deals on any unregistered 230's any regardless of colour ? or are they rocking horses

I suppose its also worth not ruling out the 220s in blue with a decent spec e.g full leather too.

Currently got canton and nav and wouldn't do without so would expect those, but full leather and all round fr/rear sensor would be a good upgrade too.

Its just a idea, as I can, but certainly don't have to. My current 2014 is great, just you know, its one of those things as I was contemplating better seats and the other missing spec etc.

Might sell mine for say   :think:

Errrrr :think:

Mmmmmmm :think:

£35K

Canadian Dollars maybe, but only after a re-spray..........

DC

To be serious there are a few used ex.Skoda cars in the dealer network right now. None of the decent options, but cheaper than a new car. 

Exhaust sounds a bit fruitier on the 230. Don't really notice DSG "farts" on upshift in my 220, but on the 230 vids I've seen on YouTube it's quite noticeable.

Auric is correct on colours, it's a shame you couldn't get the 230 in a slightly less boring colours imo. A Rallye Green or Race Blue 230 would be awesome!

Front and rear sensors are useful, but sometimes the sides are triggered annoyingly; like when I went through a drive through fast food place the other night and the food collection window was detected at the side.

Edited by ahenners

please dont buy a 230 for the noisier sportier exhaust,everything else yes but not the exhaust. in my opinion its as quiet as a mouse.

Oh well just an idea ! Nothing is that enticing for me against the value of mine currently i.e. local used.

Also many Skoda genuine used flag as leather then when you look at them they are same as mine ( fake leather, cloth !). No, it isn't.

At the back of my mind I did wonder in regard to new cars registered though from some discount options but really know nothing about that.

West gate Grimsby have a new race blue for £21683. I think there are 2 race blue and 1 Corrida red on ŠKODA stock list waiting to be built.

A bit of a way from me, but tell me more what do they have in regard to spec any idea ? I presume pretty basic spec vRS ( although its possible all vRS now have satnav so in comparison to mine might just be difference of Canton).

Exhaust sounds a bit fruitier on the 230. Don't really notice DSG "farts" on upshift in my 220, but on the 230 vids I've seen on YouTube it's quite noticeable.

Yep, they're really quite loud when giving it the beans.

Just a shame the exhaust is so quiet the rest of the time. Might have to invest in a Milltek down the line.

A bit of a way from me, but tell me more what do they have in regard to spec any idea ? I presume pretty basic spec vRS ( although its possible all vRS now have satnav so in comparison to mine might just be difference of Canton).

Wouldn't want to lose Canton if swapping, it's a great system once bedded in and tweaked imo.

Depends on what you want really. I think the diff and better exhaust is nice, but might not be worth the outlay just for the sake of change.

anyway the 220 farts well enough (although you can't hear it in the car) 

Just to throw in a n00b's opinion, I bought an ex-demo VRS 230 (manual, hatch) with 3800 miles on the clock in Ipswich 4 weeks ago, for ~£20k (with P/X). It is excellent - and the 'add-ons' over the standard VRS more than make up the price difference. The LSD in particular is pretty effective - zero torque steer; the Amundsen infotainment is also excellent; interior with heated leather seats etc is great quality (for now...); and the exhaust is *very slightly* better than the original. It's still quiet when compared to other MQB platform models like the GTI / R, or S3 etc, though - so I'd 100% agree with @stu83 and a Miltek upgrade.

When I looked, (decent) manual VRS 230s are fairly rare around the UK. I originally was looking at 'primer grey'.. but seeing one in the flesh put me off, as (IMHO) it may look out of place in a few years time. A little darker, I'd have immediately gone for it! So mine's Moon White metallic, with 'LifeShine' (AutoGlym) applied which is definitely worth it.

Depends what you can find round the UK. Last time I checked, Swindon Skoda (Fish Brothers) had the same model at around 5500 miles on clock... 

Can't say if it's worth swapping since I never drove the standard VRS, but always dribbled over the 230 since the original press release, and now I'm a happy boy.

3 hours ago, Ads230 said:

So mine's Moon White metallic, with 'LifeShine' (AutoGlym) applied which is definitely worth it.

Same here ... been after a decent paintwork treatment / wax (never had a white car before) so will have a look into this.

I go a bit OCD with cleaning, decontaminating, sealing, machine polishing etc, so need to get some products which complement the colour.

And on the Milltek note ... £1k. Man that's expensive.

Ooooh, and @Ads230 - Does yours have a black spoiler? I REALLY want a black spoiler.

Edited by stu83

@stu83 - Sweet! No, sadly no black spoiler for me - that was my first question with the garage about it (but new-ish bloke did not know...) It's definitely something I'd look into getting custom wrapped (including possibly a black roof...), but it's not a big enough issue to make my hot-list yet - that being:

- APR Carbon Fibre Intake

- Reiger Rear Skirt / Diffuser 

- VWR Sports Springs

- Miltek sport exhaust - although @BATVANVRS I'd be interested to hear more about the rust issues you mention? I'm not an exhaust expert, so alternatives to these would definitely be considered if that's the case.

- Stage 1 Remap (but only once all components are in place).

Sorry to hijack feed of my personal project car ha! I'll again use the n00b excuse...

Edit: @stu83 - highly recommend the LifeShine treatment (£299) - bit pricey, but the finish is pretty excellent and road muck just power-hoses right off. Also, they give you a s****y bag full of AutoGlym products worth a fair bit. Whilst many might see it as style over substance, the finish and protection achieved is pretty good - and it has a lifetime guarantee (i.e. as long as you own the car.)

Edited by Ads230
Missed answering a Q