Facelift Order books open

I won't be having another one.

I love my vRS but I don't like the facelifted one, one bit, don't like the split headlights and as such I won't be having another Octavia and I may have to consider a the new Yeti or Kodiaq, although the latter may well be out of my price range for the specification that I want.

On 27/01/2017 at 08:28, Nathanio said:

They need to bring the 1.8TSI 180 over here. Can be had in Europe. Some people don't want diesel so why can't they offer it here?

The 1.8 180ps didnt really work in the current road tax regime at £110, when you could have a 1.4 150ps for £30 road tax. 

But that all changes april 1st

27 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I won't be having another one.

I love my vRS but I don't like the facelifted one, one bit, don't like the split headlights and as such I won't be having another Octavia and I may have to consider a the new Yeti or Kodiaq, although the latter may well be out of my price range for the specification that I want.

Superb Sportline could be an option. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glosrich said:

The 1.8 180ps didnt really work in the current road tax regime at £110, when you could have a 1.4 150ps for £30 road tax. 

And since deliveries of the FL won't be until after that, there's no good reason for Skoda UK not to try the 1.8 180ps - every FL will have £140 RT (unless you manage to spec it up to exceed £40,000!).

21 minutes ago, glosrich said:

But for some that's not a problem to be paying a bit more tax for a bit more power. 

I would happily pay £110 for that engine given its available in the Leon and gets good reviews. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glosrich said:

Superb Sportline could be an option. 

Nah too big, not only for the car park at work, but I don't think I'd get it in the garden (lengthwise) without it sticking out into the road outside our house and as we live on an unlit lane, you just know one of the numpties at the end of the road would clip it. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aidangill said:

Do you think it matches up with the VRS? I do like the Superb myself, but finding it hard to find an affordable level Superb to match it. 

There are quite a few used Superb 280's on sale in the UK. (Mostly dealer demonstrators.)

At today's exchange rates it might be worth considering importing one.

It's worth noting that the L&K has DCC as standard but paddles were a £95 option & unusual to find on a used car, whereas paddles are standard on a Sportline

but DCC is an option......

DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I test drove a 280psi 4X4 and wasn't impressed with the handling compared with the vRS

Q? Which model was it?

If it had DCC, did you experiment with the suspension settings?

I've driven a few 280's, & I'd prefer the Superb compared to a Octy 3 vRS.

We did a back to back comparison between a 280 & a vRS 230 (both estates) last year, same afternoon on soggy Norfolk roads &, for us, the Superbs refinement more than makes up

for any handling deficiencies.

But, FWIW, we bought a Golf R estate instead, but that's another (expensive) story.

We are still considering replacing on of the other cars, if my Superb 2 goes then a 280 makes sense, but if we decide to loose he EOS, I'd be looking for a "sensible" fun car.

The current candidates are another R, probably a newish used hatchback or a Cupra ST 300 AWD.

I'd like to love the Octy 3 FL vRS, but I don't want to wait another 6/7 months to change.

DC 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the FL Octavia Scout will be available to order in the UK? I emailed SUK - got a very bland, 'don't know' reply from them!