Invited to Kodiaq evening.

Danny 57

Count yourself lucky, I just got invited to enter a 'ballot' for 'the chance' to see the kodiaq in Feb, with no date/time mentioned

Makes you laugh since I already ordered one, you'd think I might be entitled to see one. Have heard nothing from my dealer (or for that matter anything whatsoever from my other dealer though whom previous pcp ends in march) Shame since my dad's also interested in a Kodiaq. It's almost like they don't want to sell cars.

• Like 1

• Administrators

What's a kodiaq?

I would not know anything if it were not for everyone here, skoda are a fairly closed door sadly. It must be the VAG way to not support owners groups, we're not alone, other vw, seat groups etc. Some have an in, right sort of brass being spent to make it worth supporting I guess.

@Danny 57 your problem, my hunch anyway is because you've ordered one, you're hooked, no need to waste a glass of cheap fizz on you trying to convince you to order one. I've not had an invite to my local dealer since I told them my citigo was the last skoda was buying from them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

I am being invited to see the new Kodiaq albeit in left hand drive next month. Looking forward to it.

Yes it is in the Uk, Wales in fact.

Me too but in Dunfermline in the Kingdom of Fife

3 hours ago, Dr_Pepper said:

Count yourself lucky, I just got invited to enter a 'ballot' for 'the chance' to see the kodiaq in Feb, with no date/time mentioned

Makes you laugh since I already ordered one, you'd think I might be entitled to see one. Have heard nothing from my dealer (or for that matter anything whatsoever from my other dealer though whom previous pcp ends in march) Shame since my dad's also interested in a Kodiaq. It's almost like they don't want to sell cars.

I just received the same silly invitation for a ticket via ballot. Who do they think we are?

Luckily, I already received a verbal invitation to see one in Glasgow dealer on 17 February.

I think it's scheduled for a 2 hour open evening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ColinD said:

What's a kodiaq?

I would not know anything if it were not for everyone here, skoda are a fairly closed door sadly. It must be the VAG way to not support owners groups, we're not alone, other vw, seat groups etc. Some have an in, right sort of brass being spent to make it worth supporting I guess.

@Danny 57 your problem, my hunch anyway is because you've ordered one, you're hooked, no need to waste a glass of cheap fizz on you trying to convince you to order one. I've not had an invite to my local dealer since I told them my citigo was the last skoda was buying from them. 

Colin, I am quite sad to read this it is not what I expect of this site. No I have not ordered one though I had previously had test ride and pre launch rides from this dealer on the Superb III which i have mentioned in the past and I am still on my Superb II nearly five years later, I just happen to have a very good relationship with the dealer and this particular person who has invited me. He is at present in Bilbao test driving the Kodiaq. He sent me a note and pictures as we talk and email on occasions. The only mention I have made towards the car is an interest if they bring out a hybrid version.

if I have totally misunderstood the paragraph that starts @Danny 57 then please accept my apologies though if I have read correctly well then......

Edited by Danny 57
Spelling mistake, again.

• Administrators

@Danny 57 I did not mean to cause any offence. I actually sent the @notice to you by mistake. I was actually meaning to send it to Dr_Pepper. From my perspective and observations, once ordered there is less incentive to market to you.  That's what I mean apologies for the mistake I made. 

You have an excellent link with your dealer that trumps many other things. Enjoy the night out :) Sorry again.

Accepted. It did surprise me as it not something I see on this site and in particular from you who though at times is disappointed with the response you get from dealers none the less tries to present some well balanced comments on various topics related to Skoda.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks. MY old man would say, less speed more haste. Oh I'm hugely disappointed; maybe frustrated is better, in the VAG machine. The upside is other manufacturers are far keener to be advertising and reading :) I've been told it's because I'm too cheap, I offer to do it pretty much for peanuts, so they don't perceive it as value... beats me.

There is a link between the broader market and marketing activity though. I'd be gobsmacked if customers were not profiled... if this was a non-skoda site, with this many members and reach, it would be a hugely different scenario. We push close to 200k unique visitors a month. Because we're all here, we're into skoda, we get it, we like it... there is imho no perceived need to continue to support us as we're on brand... It's the nextdoor neighbour, telegraph sunday reader or the mum reading about nappies on facebook in a like happy frenzie, that is the target market for support. But I'm happy running adverts for Suzuki, Ford et al :) As I say these are my views from the last years observations and attempts to help; not wanted, except when it is. So, yes frustrated is more apt.

Thankfully we have each other and a really strong international network of sound experts. I was thinking on my jog today; before my knee hurt, I've got 14 years here, other have too, how many motoring years have we got collectively. 

I spent 2 weeks in jan on the phone to 15+dealers; not all of them being fair. Only 2 were smart enough to have a chat, they have had a good few orders as a result.

I'm not going to hold back,as I'm on my 5th skoda and I've (indirectly) sold more others than most skoda salesmen over the years I think I've the right to moan now lol. I have been extremely disappointed by Skoda in the last 6 months: closing dealerships willy-nilly, extremely poor customer service from others, unwillingness to answer questions, treating potential buyers like they don't matter, never calling back, refusing to sell manual gearboxes (ok so last one is motor industry in general)

Such a shame given that when I first started buying skodas 14 years ago my experiences were of friendly, local dealers whose excellent customer service set them apart.

Nonetheless I'm pleased to hear that it's not like that everywhere, sounds like you have a good relationship wish I could say the same

• Like 1

I asked Lookers in Manchester Skoda when they are expecting a Kodiaq in as i was interested in looking at one... just got told they didnt know yet... and that was that.  (I at least expected them to take my details..) 10 mins later the sale guy came over again when i was looking in a Fabia and asked what car i drove... When i told him a MY16 Superb and a MY16 Rapid Spaceback SE Sport for some reason he was all over me but at this point i had lost interest.

• Like 1

I am not surprised. This whole Kodiaq launch programme is a shambles. Lots of so called Launches but very little actual detail about what is exactly available in UK. I posted the following on Skoda FB - time will tell whether there is any official reaction.

""

Kodiaq - What a shambles!

First there was Geneva with a concept car. OK we don't expect the real thing at that stage, so it was a taster. Then there was the Berlin launch, followed by the Paris launch; the Majorca launch for journalists; the recent dealers jamboree launch and perhaps shortly the "push off from the side" with a LHD event for UK VIPs. What all that has done is send out confusing messages. Further complicated by various levels of interaction: Statement of Interest; Pre-orders and Orders! Some of the aforementioned have been allocated (variable) build slots, other have not.

All of these mixed and conflicting messages leave anyone vaguely interested in this vehicle ready to top themselves. Does a Kodiaq cost just £21K when the real cost for the versions reported on by journalists with all these Connectivity and Simply Clever ideas that hit the newsstands actually cost almost £45K? And what is actually coming to the UK?

Škoda has taken the decision to produce different model ranges and specs for its target international markets with multiple variants of what is on offer and different options packages dependant on destination. The fact we see English language promises of "winged headrests" doesn't mean we will see them here. The Configurator is largely incomprehensible, noticeably short on descriptions for each item (hover on the"?" and you see nothing different) and in instances is different to that used by dealers! And why can you not have an illuminated vanity mirror unless you opt to have a vehicle that lights up inside like Xmas in Oxford St? And how is the Canton sound system dependent on having a spare wheel? And how do you get to select Trailer assist and Park assist?  .... and .. and .. .

The dealers seem to be as in the dark as the rest of us. Perhaps they will be better informed when they get back from their holiday. I tried (twice in writing and twice by phone) to get some sense out of ŠKODA UK Customer Services. The two written requests are answered with the same words "Here at ŠKODA UK Customer Services, We have no input to the design or the Specification that go in to the UK vehicle) although appear to have come from different sources (Daniel Morrice & Samantha Burton - strange that they give their auto responding computers names!). I am stunned that there is a department in Mladá Boleslav that decides what models and options will be offered to the target market without reference to, or input from that market. What do ŠKODA UK do with their time?

And we now find that before they have sorted out what this model looks like they are ready for even more launches of a Kodiaq Sportline and a Kodiaq Scout. If the latter comes pre-packed with much of the technology that is only available as expensive options on the ordinary Kodiaq, why would I bother buying now - wait a few more months for un upgraded version) inc 9.2" display and lots of connectivity?

So, more launches, more confusion. Come on Škoda, get your act together.

""

• Like 4

• Administrators

The UK "team" do spec the car and what equipment goes to it. I've had lunch with one of the on the superb days. The cookie cutter press don't really have an interest in the nuts and bolts of a real owner owning and ordering one. OF course pre release the PR machine is devouring anything that is produced.

Customer services probably don't get asked or consulted, especially if it's a different legal sub contracted unit...

The octavia wasn't much different. IIRC the spec's sent to the brochure printers turned out to be nonviable on the vRS... so the new brochure was out of date as it was unpacked by dealers... 

You are absolutely right in some confusion, plenty! It's part of the PR machine to keep the model in the lime light for as long as possible, otherwise we'd all be talking about the next release from Landrover... More so perhaps since the release of social media.

However this is exactly what this community & forums help us with. It helps all of be aware of what might be, and thus to avoid a mistake. The kodiaq sportline was been discussed along with a possible vRS for months before the thing was even released as a plain jane kodiaq. So good for you to share that, thank you. Did you get anything by way of a useful response?

Sadly marketing and press put more time, energy into wider audiences on social media and dead tree magazines. 

Now compare it with a new Renault Koleos launch. In April 2016 it was shown in China. Then silence in Europe till October 2016. A short appearance in Paris. And then again silence. Almost a year will pass and still there will be  no Koleos in Europe. And now they say that the EU launch will happen in September 2017. So if I want one I will get it in the beginning of 2018!!!

Sorry but Kodiaq wins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColinD said:

The UK "team" do spec the car and what equipment goes to it. I've had lunch with one of the on the superb days. The cookie cutter press don't really have an interest in the nuts and bolts of a real owner owning and ordering one. OF course pre release the PR machine is devouring anything that is produced.

Customer services probably don't get asked or consulted, especially if it's a different legal sub contracted unit...

The octavia wasn't much different. IIRC the spec's sent to the brochure printers turned out to be nonviable on the vRS... so the new brochure was out of date as it was unpacked by dealers... 

You are absolutely right in some confusion, plenty! It's part of the PR machine to keep the model in the lime light for as long as possible, otherwise we'd all be talking about the next release from Landrover... More so perhaps since the release of social media.

However this is exactly what this community & forums help us with. It helps all of be aware of what might be, and thus to avoid a mistake. The kodiaq sportline was been discussed along with a possible vRS for months before the thing was even released as a plain jane kodiaq. So good for you to share that, thank you. Did you get anything by way of a useful response?

Sadly marketing and press put more time, energy into wider audiences on social media and dead tree magazines. 

Next time you meet one of these people that think they know what the buying public wants Colin tell them we'd like more choice of colours instead of Fifty Shades of Grey after all we pay for it when we buy the car and pay a premium for metallic finishes and in the case of the Superb Sportline even more of a premium for Dragon Green. What the Fleet Market wants isn't what everyone wants.

As for the Kodiaq I think that anyone who is an early adopter would be mad as even now that haven't finalized what the model line up of specification levels are going to be, why would you take a chance on paying hard earned cash for something that you don't know will meet your needs or requirements and as YetiGirl has said you try keeping it under £40k on the crap configuration tool.

Rant over, keep up the good work with the lobbying you do on our behalf Colin, I'm sure that one day Skoda and Skoda UK will realize that they have access via. this forum to people who probably know more about their products then they do.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prykey said:

Next time you meet one of these people that think they know what the buying public wants Colin tell them we'd like more choice of colours instead of Fifty Shades of Grey after all we pay for it when we buy the car and pay a premium for metallic finishes and in the case of the Superb Sportline even more of a premium for Dragon Green. What the Fleet Market wants isn't what everyone wants.

As for the Kodiaq I think that anyone who is an early adopter would be mad as even now that haven't finalized what the model line up of specification levels are going to be, why would you take a chance on paying hard earned cash for something that you don't know will meet your needs or requirements and as YetiGirl has said you try keeping it under £40k on the crap configuration tool.

Rant over, keep up the good work with the lobbying you do on our behalf Colin, I'm sure that one day Skoda and Skoda UK will realize that they have access via. this forum to people who probably know more about their products then they do.   

Ok I'm an early adopter. So must be mad.

i think the spec is pretty clear now. Clear enough for me to order an SEL with a few nice extras.

I'm 100% sure what it will look like and will meet my needs for a 2017 spacious car.

Mechanical parts are well proven.

Whats's not to like?

If you know your Skoda, you'll know what to expect in a Kodiaq!

Bring it on!

(and why won't this M Mouse forum give me a capital letter on a new line?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andyvee said:

It is a bit of a shambles - a UK brochure that shows anthracite diamond cut alloys on almost every page, and not one model in the UK seems to be available with these, or as an option!

I can't even get the 19" Sirius anthracite!