Superb MY18 news - when?

40 minutes ago, fiki said:

Today i was notified by my dealer that car was in to be painted today.  Does it mean i get the my2018?

Wow, that's good service, first I knew about my build was about a week before it arrived at the dealer.

Well they are very uninformed about their vehicles,and this is the first thing i was notified about since i ordered a car(late April). Also,nobody there even heard about my2018 changes when i asked about them(i went there after i found out there will be new sat nav,that was back in early May),they said they don't even know there will be any changes and looked at me totally confused. 

So i wouldn't call them too good knowlege wise,but they are very nice and easy to talk to and negotiate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I placed an order in late April for a Skoda Superb SEL estate 4x4.

My dealer emailed me today confirming it will be a MY18 build, but Skoda are now insisting on charging an additional £140 to all customers on their order agreements for the new changes! 

Has anyone else been contacted regarding this?

I was informed my car was built last week,i should take delivery in next few days. I supose it should be my2018. I will post here when i take delivery,but i am unaware of any price changes.

51 minutes ago, babelfish said:

Hello all

I placed an order in late April for a Skoda Superb SEL estate 4x4.

My dealer emailed me today confirming it will be a MY18 build, but Skoda are now insisting on charging an additional £140 to all customers on their order agreements for the new changes! 

Has anyone else been contacted regarding this?

see this thread

1 hour ago, fiki said:

My car arrived at the dealer,it is my2018. Looks really good,much sleeker than my2017. New AC controls look really good too.

I can't wait! :blush Would you add photos to the photo thread, when you have received it?! I'm curious about all the MY2018 features! And I'm jealous! :sadsmile: 

Хвала вам

1 hour ago, SwissRob said:

I can't wait! :blush Would you add photos to the photo thread, when you have received it?! I'm curious about all the MY2018 features! And I'm jealous! :sadsmile: 

Хвала вам

I have 2 pics of it now,but it is still wrapped so i dont think it is too nice to see. 

6 hours ago, fiki said:

New AC controls look really good too.

What have they changed with the HVAC controls? they look to same in your picture below.

I was also seriously considering retro-fitting the 9” screen but now I have seen it I’m not so sure, it looks very much like an afterthought... I’m sure it will grow on me though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fiki said:

Well,i think this is probably best place for this photo,after all this is why the topic was started.

image-0-02-05-7953cbbfa8df3cebb5c5b18146cc97c6c35060adc64bed0e92af9e1af1959548-V.jpg

Not sure why Skoda can't do the 9" screen flush like the MY18 Tiguan. Not so sure of it "hanging" out like that. Seems like aftermarket mods. 

Mine is not fluah because it is not 9 inch columbus,it is 8 inch sistem. 

AC controls are now glossy plastic,looks much nicer than before,but probably will pick up much more fingerprints.

What does the picture above actually show? Is is really the upgraded info system on all Superb models with that bigger unit floating off the dash? This is nothing like what was shown on the configutator. Which models gets this unit?

7 hours ago, fiki said:

Well,i think this is probably best place for this photo,after all this is why the topic was started.

image-0-02-05-7953cbbfa8df3cebb5c5b18146cc97c6c35060adc64bed0e92af9e1af1959548-V.jpg

Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, fiki said:

Also,i am very glad they listened and didn't go with that ugly big gearstick like in the kodiaq. This one just looks so much better and more elegant.

I think it's will comes with the new 7 speed leather this year.

4 minutes ago, oddvaoes said:

I think it's will comes with the new 7 speed leather this year.

Well that may be the case for the my2019 (which can also be a facelift) but this is this years model,so i really doubt they will make any changes in the next year. Week 22 is the time some changes are implemented,and this is maybe even first my2018 that came in my country. Certanly among fort few,it was built in the end of week 22,and begining of 23.

And yes,this is 8 inch sistem,not the 9.2 columbus (which i didn't know would be like that,i ordered my car before there were any official changes. But i wouldn't option it even if i knew,in my opinion this 8" is maybe even too big.

Edited by fiki

nothing can be worse than the screens used on Mercs imo, although I must agree that this does look like a aftermarket thought. Oh well it will grow on me I hope!

It looks everything but aftermarket. Actually i like that it looks so slick,flat piece of glass with illuminated buttons,very nicely integrated. I can see why you can dislike it,but it really doesn't look oit of place,like for example that thing in c class.