Superb MY18 news - when?

I think the current screen fits in very well and I like the buttons. Much easier to use when you are driving. Touching the screen whilst driving is really just the same as using a mobile phone. Wonder how long it will be before we are banned from using touch screens, although enforcement will be impossible!

Edited by facet edge
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, facet edge said:

I think the current screen fits in very well and I like the buttons. Much easier to use when you are driving. Touching the screen whilst driving is really just the same as using a mobile phone. Wonder how long it will be before we are banned from using touch screens, although enforcement will be impossible!

The likes of Android auto with Amazon music prevents you from doing full scrolls through play lists when on the move compared to when parked... Maybe we will see more retrictions in the future. ..

1 hour ago, vtec to vrs! said:

One thing I've noticed too....

The new 9.2" Columbus unit works great in LHD cars (buttons down the left side) but it's the same unit that's put into RHD cars! You'll be having to lean over...stupid!

agree..

but then the amount of RHD cars which are compromised due to LHD designs are all too common... ie.. handbrake positions, Idrive controllers, windscreen wipers (e60), ignition,  clusters, etc etc...

10 hours ago, RickTT said:

agree..

but then the amount of RHD cars which are compromised due to LHD designs are all too common... ie.. handbrake positions, Idrive controllers, windscreen wipers (e60), ignition,  clusters, etc etc...

I was racking my brains about the E60 wipers as I owned one, but they swing the other way don't they?! Pardon the expression ha.

Same thing on the Peugeot 206. 

1 hour ago, vtec to vrs! said:

I was racking my brains about the E60 wipers as I owned one, but they swing the other way don't they?! Pardon the expression ha.

Same thing on the Peugeot 206. 

Yup - on the e60 they swing the LHD way with the idrive controller offset to the left and handbrake -- lazy BMW.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9.3.2017 at 03:02, Enobar said:

Where did this image come from?  Also it appears there's a new (uglier IMO) gear shifter for the DSG..

May be they have installed the new 7 speed DSG in MY 2018 superb? Kodiaq has the new 7 speed DSG.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:00, oddvaoes said:

May be they have installed the new 7 speed DSG in MY 2018 superb? Kodiaq has the new 7 speed DSG.

I hope not, because its not that good as i hoped i would be... had a 190hp 7 DSG Kodiaq on a drive and it wasn't that smooth as the 6 speed... also some Reviews of the Kodiaq say the same, but could be just the first build ones

On 2017-03-29 at 11:00, oddvaoes said:

Yes it will be a "new" wet DSG 7 for many engines. Same as the Golf 7 Facelift and probably also the Passat. Less drivetrain resistance = better fuel economy, one more gear and also many more improvements. Not the same gearbox as Tiguan or Kodiaq where you find a DQ500 DSG.

6 hours ago, Feed said:

Yes it will be a "new" wet DSG 7 for many engines. Same as the Golf 7 Facelift and probably also the Passat. Less drivetrain resistance = better fuel economy, one more gear and also many more improvements. Not the same gearbox as Tiguan or Kodiaq where you find a DQ500 DSG.

Can someone please provide the website link confirming where this information on the new Superb transmission and any other MY18 spec changes are coming from?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Skoda international and UK. Skoda Int confirmed 9" Columbus. Skoda UK have said the new brochure is correct and that the new L&K will not be available with Smart Light Assist, even though it is still on the configurator, and available on all other trim levels.

5 hours ago, knfruitbat said:

I contacted Skoda international and UK. Skoda Int confirmed 9" Columbus. Skoda UK have said the new brochure is correct and that the new L&K will not be available with Smart Light Assist, even though it is still on the configurator, and available on all other trim levels.

Why will SLA not be available to L&K models? Does that mean no upgraded headlights with the 7 additional LED strips for L&K or is the L&K getting something better perhaps?

News from Skoda's website in Czech Republic http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz , if you go here a popup will show up informing about MY2018 changes.

Updating data on MR 2018

Dear customer, currently being updated data configurator for the new model year 2018 Launch configurator with current data is scheduled on the 17th calendar week Thank you for your understanding.

^ Google Chrome translation

I ordered an L&K with SLA that is very unlikely to be built before wk22, the website configurator now says SLA with lane assist and Blind Spot Detection £100, 2nd two used to be listed as standard kit on the L&K. Skoda UK on Facebook and brochure say it isn't available. So who knows what is going on.

1 hour ago, Oykkh said:

Intresting.. still no active info display? Maybe on the new karoq 

Unfortunately not, there is currently no indication of that. I asked the Skoda rep at the Geneva Motor Show about the possible availability of active info display on MY2018 and their answer was negative. I guess that it will come with the facelift. Someone was saying (I don't remember whether I read it on this forum or elsewhere) that the existing wiring harness already allows for the use of an active info display. Let's hope that it's something that can be easily retrofitted once it's available.