Coding a new steering wheel

twigg0

Hello to all.

I changed steering wheel of my skoda superb combi my2010. Installed but nothing works, I think i need some coding... Could you help me please?

Old steering wheel is that one...

Hand Sewn Steering Wheel Cover for Skoda Superb B6 (2008–2015)

the newest is this one

Skoda_Octavia_5E_steering_wheel_1__49705

OLD AutoSCan :

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY9.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 CD    HW: 1K0 953 549 CD
   Component: J0527           056 0111 
   Coding: 0001732
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
   VCID: 76E38CBE010617F28A-8022

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 3T0 959 537   Labels: 3C8-959-537.CLB
   Component: E221__MFL-URO   H07 0012 
   Coding: 00000128
   Shop #: WSC 00000 

No fault code found.

Newest AutoScan :

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY9.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 CD    HW: 1K0 953 549 CD
   Component: J0527           056 0111 
   Coding: 0001732
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
   VCID: 76E38CBE010617F28A-8022

Subsystem 1 - Part No: ___________
   Component: ______________  ___ 0000

1 Fault Found:
01426 - Controls in Steering Wheel (E221)
            004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

And nothing works...could you tell how to set this steering wheel correctly?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

twigg0
Edited by twigg0

Volume up and down...voice control.. bt call...shift paddles.. control maxidot.. as you can see in the image...

Could someone help me please?!

I forget to tell you that horn doesnt work too...

Thanks to all

3 hours ago, Eddie-NL said:

Your issue could be

Faulty wiring

Faulty Buttons

Wrong type of buttons (although the wrong type does work but not in the correct way)

Don't know... but wiring is OK...it's only Yellow for airbags and black cable for multifunction...

Buttons i think works...one button makes volume up...

Last don't know... noone tryed this steering wheel???

I swapped to a mk3 wheel recently in my mk2 fl and the buttons worked as you said above.

Eddies advice helped me,as he has mentioned you have the wrong buttons.

I bought some of the correct part no. I needed from eBay but it turned out they were not the correct part no. Despite being advertised. 

I returned them and bought some from a reputable source and everything worked correctly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tubbytommy said:

I swapped to a mk3 wheel recently in my mk2 fl and the buttons worked as you said above.

Eddies advice helped me,as he has mentioned you have the wrong buttons.

I bought some of the correct part no. I needed from eBay but it turned out they were not the correct part no. Despite being advertised. 

I returned them and bought some from a reputable source and everything worked correctly.

Ok... do you know exactly part number of multifunction buttons?

Mine is Skoda Suberb my2010 (NO FACELIFT).

Another question...if u know...why horn doesn't work? Has nothing to do with multifunction ,isn't iT?

P.S: update --> 2 buttons works...

You have bought a Mk3 Octavia VRS wheel

The wheel uses different buttons to the facelift Superb and yeti even though they look the same

You need 5E0 919 719G buttons for it to work properly

And you need to take extra care when buying that you get the correct ones

Edited by Eddie-NL
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/2/2017 at 23:43, Eddie-NL said:

You have bought a Mk3 Octavia VRS wheel

The wheel uses different buttons to the facelift Superb and yeti even though they look the same

You need 5E0 919 719G buttons for it to work properly

And you need to take extra care when buying that you get the correct ones

Hi all,

wanna thanks Eddie for your great support.. Installed  5E0 919 719G buttons and coding VCDS for shifting paddle everything works!!!

.... but....

HORN doesn't work... why??? The only thing that don't work....

Anyone could help me? Why???

11 hours ago, Eddie-NL said:

you might have to modify the wiring harness

try coding the controller so you disable the mfsw, if the horn works then the loom will need to be modified

Damn right eddie.. horn works if i set via vcds no mfsw... when i put mfsw on vcds..horn disappear.. how can i fix this??? Thanks again eddie

you need to modify the horn wiring

This is an issue with the 1K0 steering controllers as the later 5K0 controllers the horns worked.

You should remove the airbag, then plug in the loom to the steering wheel.

Using an auto probe you can see what is required. Ground or 12v , then you can modify the loom

• 4 months later...

Gentleman, it looks you are great! :cool: Is possible to re-map driver asistants button to some of rádio functions, please? Is so, how to? I have O III FL with no driver asistants. Thanx in advance for any response. ;)

• 11 months later...
On 06/03/2017 at 13:16, Eddie-NL said:

you need to modify the horn wiring

This is an issue with the 1K0 steering controllers as the later 5K0 controllers the horns worked.

You should remove the airbag, then plug in the loom to the steering wheel.

Using an auto probe you can see what is required. Ground or 12v , then you can modify the loom

I'm facing this issue on my Superb, can anyone shed some light as to what exactly is required? The horn will work on mine when coded like there is no MFSW, but if it is set to MFSW, the airbag horn button won't work (yes, the horn is working, the electrics have been checked). Mind you, I have the green lit buttons (not the Octavia's white ones).

I finally have a working solution to the horn wiring problem on my car (post new MFSW retrofit) ... I've taken the horn cable (with its pins) from a non-MFSW wiring airbag loom, and just added it to the current loom ... one side is connected to the 2nd horn connection point on the airbag (like the older type airbag had with the green cable) and ran the cable to the small black 5-pin connector (which has only 3 wires) that connects to the steering wheel buttons (radio & phone) on the side, in its 4th pin (marked green on the photos). After that was done, the horn is happily honking once again when I press on the airbag. No change in the coding was required.

IMAG1156.jpg

IMAG1158.jpg

• 1 year later...
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:01, vborovic said:

I finally have a working solution to the horn wiring problem on my car (post new MFSW retrofit) ... I've taken the horn cable (with its pins) from a non-MFSW wiring airbag loom, and just added it to the current loom ... one side is connected to the 2nd horn connection point on the airbag (like the older type airbag had with the green cable) and ran the cable to the small black 5-pin connector (which has only 3 wires) that connects to the steering wheel buttons (radio & phone) on the side, in its 4th pin (marked green on the photos). After that was done, the horn is happily honking once again when I press on the airbag. No change in the coding was required.

IMAG1156.jpg

IMAG1158.jpg

What number of airbag wiring have you got?

I have changed the steering wheel in my s2 2011 and the buttons and horn doesn't work. I have airbag wiring no. 5JA971584, which was advised to be p&p. unfortunately in my case it is not. I can see that you have added extra wire for the mfsw connector, which seems to be 5E0 971 584 A, as it has 3 wires in that black connector and mine 5JA971584 has 4 wires from that black one.

my colleague in the same superb 2 used airbag with 5E0 971 584 A wire and it works perfectly, mine not...

Looking forward any advise.

10 minutes ago, vborovic said:

It was 5E0971584A, the horn wire was missing.

So having a look to the airbag wire which I have (5JA971584), it has 4 wires in the black connector as your after modification (see here: https://www.vsaparts.cz/svazek-el-instalace-airbagu-5ja-971-584 )

How it is possible that it is not working at all? Fuse?

I have found on the Russian page, that brown wires are connected to the plug, where you have connected the black-white original wire (see here last pic in the page: https://www.drive2.com/l/5940134/)

Maybe that's the point? I'm pretty much confused now....

10 minutes ago, slavo5 said:

How it is possible that it is not working at all? Fuse?

Taking into consideration that the wires/connectors are fully working (if you have a multimeter it is a simple test), I don't think it would have anything to do with the fuses. What about the steering wheel's coding? Sorry that I can't help you more regarding this, it was almost 2 years ago that I finished it (and I too spent months solving the issues/ordering parts one by one until I've finally reached the working situation).