2018 Yeti - spied. So this is what it'll really look like.

zuulan

43 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

Agreed. 

What it does suggest is that they are registering names beginning with K. Nothing more.

Indeed. It's common practice to register extra names that may never be used. Better to "waste" a few small sums of cash early on than pay a fortune to rebrand or buy a name that's taken. 

16 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Well that shows it has got front and rear lights! Somewhat a bit light on any details.

Registering a name proves nothing.

And wheels, don't forget the wheels, maybe they have developed a new invisible paint system for factory mules.

• Like 1

I was in Germany this week, and bought a copy of the latest AutoBild 

It had a big feature on all the "coming" SUVs for VAG

small : Fabia SUV (2019), Seat Arona (2018), VW T-Cross (2018)

compact: Yeti (2017), VW T-ROC (2017) new Q3 (2018)

Medium: Tiguan Allspace (2017) -looks just like a Kodiaq -, Tiguan Coupe and Kodiaq coupe (2018), SEAT Alora and new Q4 (2019)

Large : new Touareg and VW Atlas - US only- (2017), new Cayenne (2017), new Q8, Lambo Urus and Bentley Bentayge Coupe (2018)

that's the news story just about that model. Like Auto Express they don't always put all their "feature" stories online

I did try scanning the pages, then realised the scanner was only Black and white

image2017-04-14-140152-1.jpg

image2017-04-14-140521-1.jpg

image2017-04-14-140540-1.jpg

image2017-04-14-140603-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Brijo said:

...A sort of "Sing Along a Škoda" :dry:

"...There's a pink one and a blue one and a green one and a yellow one and they're all made by VAG and they all look just the same..."  :sadsmile:

(with acknowledgements to Pete Seeger RIP)

Edited by Brijo
  • Like 4

Well, if the views are accurate, at least the new Yeti seems to have retained reasonably narrow(ish) C pillars unlike so many SUV's these days. The all round vision was one of the significant factors in my decision to replace my then 6 year old Yeti with another one 12 months ago, rather than going for a Rav4, X-trail, CRV, Kuga etc.

Practicality wins over cosmetic appearance every time for me!

Edited by speedsport

3 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Once the take the disguise sticky back plastic panels off we will see what the actual vehicles will look like, 

so nothing new there.

I bet it won't be much different judging by the look of nearly all the small/medium sized SUVs currently on the market, including the latest Skodas.  The days of "quirky" looks as per the original Yeti are long gone in the mass car market.

8 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Skoda CZ have been leaking the images for long enough as with every other 'New Vehicle' for ever now.

Agreed and most of them are similar to the "renditions" we've seen thus far, hence my comment.  

• Like 1