Yeti order books closed Friday 3rd March

Smokeyjoe

I'm sure it will be as high rated as the Ateca, as it looks to be shaping up to be essentially the same car with a different badge. 

And that's the problem I personally have. I want something different. But appreciate that a lot of people don't. Skoda will need to rely on their version of the VAG euro SUV standing on its own merits and unfortunately a lot of people still l rubbish the brand. 

Let's not be churlish guys - the new Yeti is most likely to be an excellent successor to the current Yeti with some of the motoring press criticisms ironed out, probably a bit less road noise and maybe a slightly better ride. Likely to get the 1.0 litre 3 pot to replace the 1.2 4 pot and maybe the new 1.5 engine to replace the 1.4 engine. However, it is going to be bigger outside and lose it's identity to fit in with the corporate image, it will also be much more expensive compared to the Drive run-out models for some time. The decider for me was size and style, I don't want anything bigger and I like the airiness of the cabin of the current Yeti, it's upright design maximises internal space and it has a unique style different from any of it's competitors. For many that won't matter but for me the size, individuality and practicality of the current Yeti decided me to buy a new 1.2 SE-L DSG Drive with a few extras for the long term.

• Like 4

Never though of that but if the turning circle is bigger then another plus for the current Yeti; one thing I do hope is that Skoda retains the option for a light interior - Gobi - rather than the one choice of funereal black you have with the Ateca!

Yes. The current yeti Will stop production in june and the new yeti Will start production Week 45 or 47! So i gues we Will se a kodiaq like launch in september or in the end of april.. 

17 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Long discussion with my dealer this morning. Yeti orders have not stopped today.

You can no longer order an SE or SEL from today. Apparently dealers could not order these speculatively since before xmas but customers could still order these until today.

Still able to order S, SE Drive,  SE L Drive and L&K variants, and there is not announcement yet to dealers of end of production and start of production of new model which they expect to be available 2018

Thanks for that update.

23 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Long discussion with my dealer this morning. Yeti orders have not stopped today.

You can no longer order an SE or SEL from today. Apparently dealers could not order these speculatively since before xmas but customers could still order these until today.

Still able to order S, SE Drive,  SE L Drive and L&K variants, and there is not announcement yet to dealers of end of production and start of production of new model which they expect to be available 2018

Apparently, Simpsons were only told this week that there were no more orders after today, so somebody is passing mis-information. Either the dealer you spoke to has not been notified yet or Simpsons are not telling the truth :-0

Perhaps worth repeating e-mail from the Head of Sales Operations Skoda(UK) in reply to my enquiry about whether the current Yeti has been discontinued:-

"It's not true at all.  The range has been rationalised as is normal practice ahead of a new model launch (it simplifies the production and supply of components by reducing the overall complexity in the final months).  

Our approach has been to rationalise the overall range by introducing the outstanding value Drive models which you know all about!

Customers can still order all other models until the production comes to an end after the summer. There will be a month or two before Left Hand Drive production of the all new model starts, and Right Hand Drive units will roll off the line from December this year for a January 2018 market launch."

Hopefully that puts this rumour to bed!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Yes, how embarrassing for them if it was as highly rated as the Ateca with long waiting times and no need to offer discounts. 

Having ordered an Ateca I clearly prefer it to the current Yeti.  However, I ordered mine on Jan 6th and it's arriving at the dealer next week.  I also got a decent discount.  I think there was a hold up on the 1.4s because of VAG wide demand but the others seem to be arriving OK.

19 hours ago, DaveLees said:

Skoda 1982 -it will be interesting to hear what the dealer says about your idea.

Why you can change your car whenever you want on a pcp as long as you pay the neg equity.

Edited by skoda1982
nothing

4 hours ago, yetifabia said:

Having ordered an Ateca I clearly prefer it to the current Yeti.  However, I ordered mine on Jan 6th and it's arriving at the dealer next week.  I also got a decent discount.  I think there was a hold up on the 1.4s because of VAG wide demand but the others seem to be arriving OK.

The online brokers I've looked at were offering tiny discounts, so you've done well there, and I've seen people quoting four month delays. That may well have been for the 1.4TSI though.

53 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

The online brokers I've looked at were offering tiny discounts, so you've done well there, and I've seen people quoting four month delays. That may well have been for the 1.4TSI though.

NVL are doing a cheap 2 year lease on the 1.0 S for £170 a month, with £170 deposit.

NVL Ateca 1.0S

• Like 1

So when will you be able to order the new yeti - Currently have a MY16 Rapid Spaceback SE Sport which is up for renewal in Jan 2018... A new yeti could well be an option if it can be ordered Sept / Oct time.

On 03/03/2017 at 20:46, RickTT said:

So when will you be able to order the new yeti - Currently have a MY16 Rapid Spaceback SE Sport which is up for renewal in Jan 2018... A new yeti could well be an option if it can be ordered Sept / Oct time.

If current intelligence is anything to go by, you will be able to order before Christmas and the new car will have been launched with media reviews of LHD launch models.  However I would doubt your RHD car would be delivered before mid-March.  This is the same timeline as the Kodiak from launch last year but UK dealers still awaiting their launch cars and first orders.

My guess is that it will be rudely similar to the Ateca.  So - the same quality trim and plastics.  The only thing that will differentiate the two is brand identity cues, standard spec across the models, engine and drive choices, (e.g Ateca offers a 2wd DSG 1.4TSI) and perhaps interior colour.  In line with the rest of their range, the Yeti will be trimmed and set up to appeal to a slightly older demographic.  It will essentially be 'as good' as an Ateca, with preference being personal preference balanced against any 'cost to change' rather than 'list' price difference.

2018 is more than half way through Euro 6 emissions so manufacturers need to get ready for Euro 7 emissions, 

the 1.5TSI ACT in the Replacement for the Yeti is very likely,

as is the 1.0TSi 3 cylinder since that is now going to be in the Fabia.

1.2 TSI no more, and the 1.4 TSI or 1.4TSI ACT  might also go.

15 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

In line with the rest of their range, the Yeti will be trimmed and set up to appeal to a slightly older demographic.  

Does this mean a special drawer for Werthers Originals?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, P6bJOHN said:

Does this mean a special drawer for Werthers Originals?

That would be useful for me and out of reach of my Grandson!

• Like 1

It'd certainly explain the recent deals that various brokers have been offering, I liked them so much I got my dealer to price match Simpsons & ordered a new one on a lease contract, should be ready mid-April although I wouldn't imagine they're going to throw any free goodies my way.

On Thursday, March 02, 2017 at 19:27, eribaMotters said:

I wonder what the future will hold for a new Yeti. I agree with comments on the interior of the Ateca. If you wanted a little smaller the Audi Q2 is a stunner. The Audi Q3 looks good, especially as with deals it is no more expensive than the Q2. The VW Tiguan has to be a contender, along with the Mazda CX5. Do not mention that Nissan Cashcow thing. The old one I liked, the newer one looks poor.

Colin

Yes, I was a long time customer of VW and Audi (well still am with the TT) and what drew me to the Yeti was that it was different but had a connection with the aforementioned along with a lot of common parts.

With the new SEAT and Skoda offerings being so similar looking to Audi and VW when I come to change I shall probably go back to Audi despite the extra cost. If the Yeti had retained its uniqueness I would probably stay with Skoda.

OK, VWG as a whole may keep my business but as we know each marque has to stand on its own two feet and therefore Skoda needs to keep as many of its existing customers as well as attracting new.

We will have to see whether they can do this but in this country (maybe other markets will be different) I think they will have a hard job.