Clive

Michelin Crossclimate tyres

Headinawayoffski    9,446

You did not say what Fabia or wheel tyre size, but you can get Michelin CrossClimate+ for a Fabia but you would need to go to 15" wheels,

so 195/55 R15

A good size, i had that on a vRS in the past with Snow tyres and i would use CrossClimates in that size if i wanted them on.

Hannibal    81

Looking at Crossclimates at the next change, probably before the clocks go back.  They're directional.  What does everyone do for a spare???

On 3/11/2017 at 14:04, skomaz said:

ouch - i paid £280 for the Octy plus a few quid local fitting...

Where did you get them at that price?

I'm going to get them for my Golf (205/55/16) but cheapest I've seen is £87 per tyre, supplied and fitted.

skomaz    759
On Friday, September 01, 2017 at 12:20, silasramsbottom said:

Where did you get them at that price?

I'm going to get them for my Golf (205/55/16) but cheapest I've seen is £87 per tyre, supplied and fitted.

i'd have to check the invoice but think it was mytyres....   or pneus online as i know ive used both recentl.  both seem to be pricier now though!

22 hours ago, skomaz said:

i'd have to check the invoice but think it was mytyres....   or pneus online as i know ive used both recentl.  both seem to be pricier now though!

Cool. I ended up paying £86 per tyre + balancing and fitting. 

Went for for a couple of runs since having them fitted and am so far very impressed. Very little noise and the car (mk7 Golf) is smoother than it's ever been. 

1 hour ago, silasramsbottom said:

Cool. I ended up paying £86 per tyre + balancing and fitting. 

Went for for a couple of runs since having them fitted and am so far very impressed. Very little noise and the car (mk7 Golf) is smoother than it's ever been. 

I meant £86 per tyre was inclusive of balancing, fitting and whatever. 

If I'm still happy with these in a couple of months then I think I'll put a set on my mkII Octavia as well. 

skomaz    759
1 minute ago, silasramsbottom said:

I meant £86 per tyre was inclusive of balancing, fitting and whatever. 

If I'm still happy with these in a couple of months then I think I'll put a set on my mkII Octavia as well. 

thats still not a bad price all in

ive been very impressed with them.  quiet, grippy, very stable in the wet...   and good in the dry...   cant really ask formore

fabiamk2SE    4,458

i've had the CrossClimates fitted on the front of the Fab to replace the Good Year Vector 4 Seasons i had before. 

Obviously the weathers not got bad to test the winter ability yet.. but the dry and wet grip is brilliant. The steering response is soo much better than the Vectors aswel.. so much more precise. 

They drive like a summer tyre... im yet to see the bad weather capabilities. 

Had a trip out last week actually and my mate was really surprised how well it gripped. The car rolls but the tyres just keep gripping. 

valv1866    7

I took the plunge last year and bought four for my Superb (225/40/18), noticed a slight increase in noise level but put that down to the tread pattern, anyway it's quietened down or I've got used to it.

Overall, the performance of the tyre seems to be very good, even in the awful rain we have been having they perform really well. Fuel economy hasn't decreased overall and the wear rates are impressive. Still lots of life left in the fronts after 18,000 miles.

It was a bit of a catch your breath moment when they were fitted, I seem to remember a bill for £560 including a 4 wheel alignment.

• Like 1