Total Projector Headlamp Failure

Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Apologies for the unintentional pun!!

I went to switch on the headlamps, (H7 projectors) on my 2013 Fabia Reaction this evening and nothing happened!!

I checked the fuse, (#36 - main beam) and it was ok, but still no light - is there a solenoid somewhere that might have failed?

All other driving lights work fine, (side, DR and fog), including the dipping function but no headlights!!

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matchlessman13 said:

Hi AMD87, all the dashlights still work - everything works apart from the headlamps. I don't think that its a simultaneous headlamp bulb failure. 

Mines did that one time the right one went then the left one went 20 mins later. 

2 hours ago, Matchlessman13 said:

I didn't get any bulb failure warning, so I don't think that the bulbs have failed. 

Mine didn't ether there was a post at the time and someone said they spoke to skoda and if the headlights fail it doesn't give you a warning. 

Problem solved!!

Believe it or not, both headlamp bulbs, (Bosch +90's) had failed simultaneously. Just to be sure, I found a spare set of H7 bulbs and tried them and sure enough they worked!

How bizarre that both bulbs should fail at exactly the same moment.

I'm now back on the road and thanks to everyone who contributed their thoughts on the problem.

PS - any suggestions for a high output replacement bulb as the OEM versions are not very good?

may be a very stupid suggestion but I have worked with vehicles where the lights are switched via a relay. not sure if that's the case here but had an absolute nightmare with a citron relay (wheyy) and this problem before. ended up that there was an issue with the wiring between the stalk and the relay. first thing would be to check for simultaneous bulb failure though. Good luck.  

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

It wasn't this time, but with H7s (or plasma discharge) it could also be a failure (burnt contacts) of the headlight switch itself.

That's the one that stops all the interior lights working bar the needles. 

21 hours ago, AMD87 said:

There is it just doesn't work for headlights. 

1C3FD7C9-D2E3-4119-B5CC-6DBB8B81A019_zps

When I put non can-bus LED sidelights from my old 02 fiesta into my 2010 fabia (with maxidot) it just came up with the error light and nothing came up on the maxi-dot? 

27 minutes ago, JGrindel said:

When I put non can-bus LED sidelights from my old 02 fiesta into my 2010 fabia (with maxidot) it just came up with the error light and nothing came up on the maxi-dot? 

That's sidelights not headlights :tongueout:

mines only came came up with the error when I tried to do the turning fogs. 

50 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

That's sidelights not headlights :tongueout:

mines only came came up with the error when I tried to do the turning fogs. 

Yeah I know hahah but the maxi dot error should be the same with all the errors? 

I tried to turn on turning fogs and it blew and error too! 

• 6 months later...
On 3/11/2017 at 00:13, Matchlessman13 said:

Hi,

Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Apologies for the unintentional pun!!

I went to switch on the headlamps, (H7 projectors) on my 2013 Fabia Reaction this evening and nothing happened!!

I checked the fuse, (#36 - main beam) and it was ok, but still no light - is there a solenoid somewhere that might have failed?

All other driving lights work fine, (side, DR and fog), including the dipping function but no headlights!!

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Chris

Cheers Chris.

First post I could find which confirmed the bulbs needed for my Reaction. (I'm in a different country to my car just now and my wife's moaning about the lights).  Told her to get some +90%s from Aldi where they're on special at £5.99 and I'll fit them when I'm back.

I've played with LEDs on my fabia and found that warning bulb showing that canbus is on rear sidelight, rear brake lights, front and rear indicators .

Now LEDs reverse, rear fog, number plate, front sidelights drl, front fog, interior lights so these are non canbus. I've not tried the dipped and main beam headlights yet.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:17, Kenrw8 said:

I've played with LEDs on my fabia and found that warning bulb showing that canbus is on rear sidelight, rear brake lights, front and rear indicators .

Now LEDs reverse, rear fog, number plate, front sidelights drl, front fog, interior lights so these are non canbus. I've not tried the dipped and main beam headlights yet.

as I found out recently, the bulb failure warning system doesn't work for the fronts. Only rear lights/indicators will give a warning. this is by design apparently! 

On 06/10/2017 at 18:53, Gumby said:

as I found out recently, the bulb failure warning system doesn't work for the fronts. Only rear lights/indicators will give a warning. this is by design apparently! 

despite the manual in the car saying it will warn you of a headlight failure... 

good to know what it does warn you about