Skoda Superb Sportline MY18 changes

Other than the new and larger 9.2" touchscreen infotainment display and t-bar style gear stick knob can anyone confirm any other changes to the MY18 update model?

Looking at the Skoda Facebook page one of the videos shows two Superbs side by side with different rear diffuser/tailpipe design as well as the addition of a rear windscreen wiper.

superb sportline rear.jpg

Both are Sportline (small black spoiler). The one on the left is a 280 (4x4 badged), the other isn't. Rear wiper is an option.

Haven't seen the video, don't use FB, so I don't know if it claims them to be MY18 models but they are no different to what I suspect they actually are, current MY17 models.

There is definitely a facelift imminent - for both the S3 and Passat I would think.

Looking at VW's website they're currently offering £4000 deposit contribution on the Passat...wanting to shift stock it looks like!

2 hours ago, vtec to vrs! said:

Looking at VW's website they're currently offering £4000 deposit contribution on the Passat...wanting to shift stock it looks like!

All UK Passats are diesels, so trying to claw back some business after the cheat device saga might have something to do with these special offers, as much a trying to get rid of "old" stock before new ones come out.

plus, it's still 6.1% APR on the PCP plan that qualifies for the  contribution, which could then negate large chunks of the VW "gift"

2 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

All UK Passats are diesels, so trying to claw back some business after the cheat device saga might have something to do with these special offers, as much a trying to get rid of "old" stock before new ones come out.

plus, it's still 6.1% APR on the PCP plan that qualifies for the  contribution, which could then negate large chunks of the VW "gift"

6.1% is pretty standard for VW PCP on a Passat...I still would be negotiating a hefty discount on top of that too!

43 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

Not strictly true, the GTE is a petrol hybrid but it's silly money :-) 

22 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Not strictly true, the GTE is a petrol hybrid but it's silly money :-) 

Have you tried spec'ing one on Drive the Deal? Instantly takes about £10-11k off the list price!

Also the residuals are calculated to be horrendous on PHEV's - they're silly money on lease deals.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vtec to vrs! said:

Have you tried spec'ing one on Drive the Deal? Instantly takes about £10-11k off the list price!

Also the residuals are calculated to be horrendous on PHEV's - they're silly money on lease deals.

Agree, I think the market is unsure of where PHEVs' are heading so are being cautious, which is understandable.

Smartlink + (Featuring wireless Apple Carplay

9.2 inch Online Head Unit (Online Services, Google Maps, Skoda Connect, SOS System, Integration of Smartgate features, Online AC, Heater controls (All features are now will be built in)

Piano Black Gloss AC Control Unit

Kodiaq like  Gearknob

And actually it is not a facelift at all. I don't expect a facelift  before 2019. It is frustrating and this line of updates are unacceptable for early adopters as each build week has different specs. And there is no chance for official retrofit. Look at that list:

Frameless Rear Mirror > 8" Bolero Update > 10 interior colors > Premium Bluetooth with Wireless Qi Charging> Rear Wiper standart> Camera Washer> ACC with speed limiter> heated steering wheel.

Edited by rumiexile

3 hours ago, rumiexile said:

Smartlink + (Featuring wireless Apple Carplay

9.2 inch Online Head Unit (Online Services, Google Maps, Skoda Connect, SOS System, Integration of Smartgate features, Online AC, Heater controls (All features are now will be built in)

Piano Black Gloss AC Control Unit

Kodiaq like  Gearknob

And actually it is not a facelift at all. I don't expect a facelift  before 2019. It is frustrating and this line of updates are unacceptable for early adopters as each build week has different specs. And there is no chance for official retrofit. Look at that list:

Frameless Rear Mirror > 8" Bolero Update > 10 interior colors > Premium Bluetooth with Wireless Qi Charging> Rear Wiper standart> Camera Washer> ACC with speed limiter> heated steering wheel.

There will be a facelift this year, albeit a mild one (nothing as extreme as the Octavia...thank god!). More like BMW's LCI.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-skoda-superb-facelift-gain-286bhp-range-topping-engine

You're most likely right with the above, plus a move to LED headlights from Xenon.

I completely agree with you regarding how quickly the changes have come, and how it will pish off the early adopters, but I think it's just how technology is moving on. Cars are coming more and more like any other consumer good...useable for a while and then outdated and needs replacing! 

Edited by vtec to vrs!

I've only in the last few weeks placed an order for a Superb Sportline so I'm doubtful it will come with the newer 9.2" Columbus system.

Does anyone know if a firmware update due for release in June will have the Skoda Connect & Google Maps features added?

Edited by Nicks_77

Superb in general... is really the only car i know where vast changes are happening year by year... it used to be 3 or 4 years like BMW with Life cycle impulse, but i guess as the markets are now that competitive, year on year changes need to occur to remain current and in the market.. 

Yes. The car Will be more and more like a smartphone on wheels. It Will have Quick updates on connected cars like online services, infotainment, apps and more digital mobility.. Also every car maker goes in the autonomos driving. I hope the auto maker learns fr.o.m. The mobile industri that they have to make OTA updates to their custemers like Tesla 

2 hours ago, Nicks_77 said:

I've only in the last few weeks placed an order for a Superb Sportline so I'm doubtful it will come with the newer 9.2" Columbus system.

Does anyone know if a firmware update due for release in June will have the Skoda Connect & Google Maps features added?

I doubt it very much sadly. I suspect 'new' features will be limited to those buying a new car...

On 16/03/2017 at 23:36, Nicks_77 said:

That will be the bi-annual map update unless you know something I don't. Firmware updates are done at dealerships by connecting the car to the Škoda server. It's something you'll probably need to ask to be done as it's not usually routinely checked. Don't expect new features, firmware updates are more likely to be fixes for any programming bugs in your existing system.

here you can see comparison interior photos of the MY17 vehicle vs the new MY18 update for the Superb with:

• 9.2" touchscreen infotainment system 
  • new gear shifter taken from the KODIAQ
  • piano black finish to the A/C control panel

This vehicle was just on display at this months Geneva motor show.

Does anyone know the timing as to when an order needs to be placed with a dealer to ensure an MY18 production/delivery?

thanks

superb sportline my17 interior.jpg

superb sportline MY18 infotainment.jpg

superb sportline MY18 interior.jpg

Edited by tazztattoo

I must admit I'm not a fan of the new gear shifter in the MY18 model.

My vehicle is currently I production so I'm assuming I'll get the current MY17 model.

I would like to know if the firmware will be updated to mirror that of the MY18 infotainment system.  It doesn't seem like it should be a great hassle to update the firmware to include new features like Skoda Connect.

I have contacted a Skoda UK about this but they haven't been much help, referring me back to the dealer who will probably be none the wiser.

On 18/03/2017 at 00:39, tazztattoo said:

here you can see comparison interior photos of the MY17 vehicle vs the new MY18 update for the Superb with:

• 9.2" touchscreen infotainment system 
  • new gear shifter taken from the KODIAQ
  • piano black finish to the A/C control panel

This vehicle was just on display at this months Geneva motor show.

Does anyone know the timing as to when an order needs to be placed with a dealer to ensure an MY18 production/delivery?

thanks

superb sportline my17 interior.jpg

superb sportline MY18 infotainment.jpg

superb sportline MY18 interior.jpg

I'm about to place an ordered for an SE L Exec. I'll watch this thread with interest as I'm talky interested to know if mine will be a my17 or a my18. Anyone know when my18 production starts? Presumably at mid year point? Week 26? Where were these pics taken?  They've clearly built at least 1 at my18 spec 

On 11/03/2017 at 06:07, BillyJim said:

Both are Sportline (small black spoiler). The one on the left is a 280 (4x4 badged), the other isn't. Rear wiper is an option.

Haven't seen the video, don't use FB, so I don't know if it claims them to be MY18 models but they are no different to what I suspect they actually are, current MY17 models.

Unless my18 cars are getting chrome tailpipes and the wiper is a standard feature rather than an option