KESSY Check Safelock!

I have a 2014 L&K Superb. It has KESSY. When I switch off the ignition this comes up on the MaxiDot display: 'Check SAFELOCK! Owner's manual!'. The KESSY system seems to be working fine and I can see no reason why this should be showing. Any insight anyone?

8 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

That is normal it is nothing to worry about. I have had my L&K since I bought it new in 2012 and this subject comes up now and again.

When I meant this message comes up now and again I meant on this site as a thread.:D

My Superb and Rapid do it, as did my old Ibiza.... I think it is to remind you that it has deadlocks and not to lock people in the car... as you can imagine if they needed to get out quick they would be locked in.... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2017 at 17:38, stuarttunstall said:

My Superb and Rapid do it, as did my old Ibiza.... I think it is to remind you that it has deadlocks and not to lock people in the car... as you can imagine if they needed to get out quick they would be locked in.... 

That's exactly what it is. The first VAG car I had with the message worried me because the message was something like 'check safe lock' and there was no description in the manual.

Bonus fact:

One click on the lock button on the remote will deadlock the doors - the internal handles will not operate the door locks.

Double-click the lock button on the remote will lock the outside handles but the interior handles will be able to open the doors.

That is what it's referring to with safe lock, i.e., is there anyone (that you like) in the car.

I dealt with this today. Only had the Superb for 2 days now and didn't really know what the "dead-lock" was. But it did describe it in the manual. 

How does one figure out if KESSY is on a used car? It's a cool function that could be amazing to have. But I'm thinking my NON gps Superb probably isn't fancy enough for it. 

Joe E.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2017 at 22:47, wokwon said:

Bonus fact:

One click on the lock button on the remote will deadlock the doors - the internal handles will not operate the door locks.

Double-click the lock button on the remote will lock the outside handles but the interior handles will be able to open the doors.

That is what it's referring to with safe lock, i.e., is there anyone (that you like) in the car.

also if you hold the close button on the remote it will make the mirrors fold in....you can also open and close the windows via the remote....

Edited by Dustybin1923

• 1 year later...

"Oh what transport of delight" to find that it's not just me who has trouble with this ridiculous message! I wouldn't mind if the owners manual made sense, nor if the dealers could offer a sensible explanation of the operation of the safelock system. What really annoys me though, is the exclamation marks! If it's so important that it needs to be in capitals with an exclamation mark then it should be something that is immediate and serious. STEERING DISCONNECTED!  -  BRAKES NOT OPERATIONAL!

It's like so many things VW they are not tested out in the real world. I had a VW Tiguan recently, while my Skoda was in for repair (again) and it said the same thing. It also warned me of oncoming leaves with it's collision avoidance system and repeatedly reverted to Drive when actually set to Eco driving mode.

I'm beginning to think there might be other manufacturers who do things better!! 

5 hours ago, SkodaWhatsItDoingNow said:

I'm beginning to think there might be other manufacturers who do things better!!

You're free to revert to walking or cycling if you think there is a perfect car out there with all the modern electronics working as their owners expect them to ... :D