Linear acceleration mod AKA free tuning ;) - VCDS/OBDeleven

• 1 month later...

Appreciate this is the Octavia forum, but I will try this on my Superb and report back. The throttle pedal is quite annoying in that you almost need to stand on it for the car to shift, and then all of a sudden it rockets off. I suppose I could get used to it, but coming from a 2.0 TSI 180HP DSG car that apparently had much more linear response, this is driving me nuts.

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2020 at 21:46, g_tee said:

Appreciate this is the Octavia forum, but I will try this on my Superb and report back. The throttle pedal is quite annoying in that you almost need to stand on it for the car to shift, and then all of a sudden it rockets off. I suppose I could get used to it, but coming from a 2.0 TSI 180HP DSG car that apparently had much more linear response, this is driving me nuts.

Any luck with the mod on the SUPERB? 

4 minutes ago, g_tee said:

Oh I never did report back. I think it certainly helps, yes. 

Copy, thanks. I will give it a shot.

I have 1.8 TSI, and tired to change the Increased sensitivity of the throttle pedal as described by Gizmo below. VCDS did accept the change, but apparently it was not saved...

Sorry, one more question, I tried the modification yesterday. Did not feel any change... 
After you clicked the "Do it!" button, and the VCDS accepted the change, did you have to reset the settings some where else to make it work?

Cheers

Lars

2 minutes ago, Lars8620 said:

Sorry, one more question, I tried the modification yesterday. Did not feel any change... 
After you clicked the "Do it!" button, and the VCDS accepted the change, did you have to reset the settings some where else to make it work?

Cheers

Lars

Hey Lars,

No - VCDS should just re-read the value of the changes you have made; if the changes haven't been made, they will revert back to the previous settings (Security codes have a habit of only lasting a couple of minutes before defaulting back to a locked state).  If the changes have been made, then they will reflected and shown in VCDS and you are good to go.

4 hours ago, Lars8620 said:

Cheers

Lars

I tried it in my Golf R, it made no difference at all for me. But, its not about lag as much as throttle movement. You get exactly the same 'lag' in either setting if you floor the throttle, same power, just waiting for the response of the engine/drive train. 

It only makes a difference if you apply the throttle slower than the engine can respond, then all it does is mean you move the throttle less for a certain power setting. Slow speed 'crawling' is less smooth with the setting. 

Its very personal, I found that when I wanted power, I floored it, so it made zero difference as the pedal movement to the floor was quicker than the engine can respond. You just use more pedal movement when driving sedately.

13 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Hey Lars,

No - VCDS should just re-read the value of the changes you have made; if the changes haven't been made, they will revert back to the previous settings (Security codes have a habit of only lasting a couple of minutes before defaulting back to a locked state).  If the changes have been made, then they will reflected and shown in VCDS and you are good to go.

Copy, i'll try once more. Thanks varaderoguy. 

• 4 months later...

I see there are 2 changes to be made, both are necessary ?

44 module (steering assist)

Security access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

44 module (power steering)

Security Access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: "Switching driving profile"

Change from "Incremental: controlled over time" 

to "Direct: controlled over the threshold value"

• 3 years later...

So resurrecting an old thread and now realising a few years later how prone the DQ200 7 speed dry clutch gearbox is to problems, do you think the linear acceleration mod would have any impact on the life of the gearbox?

Nick

Hello Nik, I can see no reason why it should - AFAIK, all it does is make the throttle response match the actual pedal position.

Mashing the loud pedal to the floor from a standing start probably will. 

• 4 months later...