New škoda karoq

Oykkh

1 hour ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Also what do we think the smaller model will be when it arrives?
Kodiaq
Karoq

Koq?

I'll refrain from replying here and just head straight to Bob's corner :biggrin: 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Kodiaq
Karoq

Koq?

I think they will just shorten Karoq and call it 'Kar'  or maybe they will go further and shorten it to 'Ka'....   maybe not.

Guest FurryFriend

I agree. There's only one Yeti. There ain't no Yeti 2. 

C'mon Yeti..... Smash this Karocq imposter off your mountain!  Stamp on it...... It ain't a Yeti! :angry::angry:

No digital instrument in karoq at launch. Will come 6 months after production start. So My gues is Week 22 2018 as MY2019 is virtual cockpit an option for karoq 

I told My dealer i Will wait to order one.. Also No more Google earth and No Google street view fr.o.m. Week 22 for Columbus.. 

Edited by Oykkh

• Administrators
On 2017-4-30 at 07:38, Falmouthboy said:

So - question to the Mods - do we now need to ditch the Yeti II sub-page and start a new Karoq one?

Yep, done. I was away over the bank holidays so now I'm back I can crack on.

I'm hoping to get more insight on this launch, got zero from skoda uk on the kodiaq launches.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ColinD said:

I'm hoping to get more insight on this launch, got zero from skoda uk on the kodiaq launches.

18th May?

I'd like something a bit shorter than an Octavia estate but with a bit more space (especially with the seats out) than a Yeti, with a 1.4/1.5 petrol + DSG, so I'm hoping this fits. I'd been looking at the Seat Ateca before. Not sure the Karoq will be as pretty, but never mind.

3 hours ago, wonkyewok said:

18th May?

I'd like something a bit shorter than an Octavia estate but with a bit more space (especially with the seats out) than a Yeti, with a 1.4/1.5 petrol + DSG, so I'm hoping this fits. I'd been looking at the Seat Ateca before. Not sure the Karoq will be as pretty, but never mind.

Here's a few dimensions.
Yeti        4222x1793 

Ateca     4363x1841
Karoq     4382x1841
Tiguan    4464x1839

Octavia   4659x1814
Kodiaq    4698x1882

Tiguan Allspace 4701x1839

Q3    4388x1831
Q5    4663x1893
Q7    5052x1968

The reviews I've read suggest the Karot will be slightly softer sprung than the Ateca but interior space is going to be identical.
Looks like it will be spot on for your requirements

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wonkyewok said:

18th May?

Similar to me, Octavia bit long for some parking spaces, so agree

1.5 petrol and DSG essential for short journeys on fringe of London

Would like leather seats, but not the black and gloomy inside look of Ateca, prefer lighter colour interior.

Enjoy the fixed glass roof of our roomster, makes it airy, but doesn't need an opening roof, so want a panoramic roof.

And I'm a bit old school, so I prefer to shove in a CD whilst driving, than fumble through menu lists for music.  

No doubt by 18th or 19th we will discover Europe gets the perfect Karoq, but Skoda UK won't allow me my preferred spec even though it's available elsewhere.  However, If they do surprise me, then highly likely to order one.

The cheapest Ateca (per Seat Spain website) is €18,390 which is £15,630, what price will Karoq start at ?

Edited by SurreyJohn

On 28/04/2017 at 17:31, Dr Zoidberg said:

Kodiaq
Karoq

Koq?

Then they might make a three wheel version in homage to Reliant and call it the Koq Robin :-)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wonkyewok said:

Top Gear seem very positive about it. They don't mention any problems with the ride either, unlike one of the Auto Express-family reviews.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/skoda/karoq

though they liked the Yeti too if I remember right.

Skoda normally goes for a softer spring setup than sporty Seat

the 4x4 version has a multi link rear suspension, which tends to ride better than simple version on 2wd,  they probably had this on test car.  The tests were in a lightly used part of Latvia (I believe) which was probably selected for good Road quality.

In my experience ride quality varies depending on tyre size and type, and between different local authorities. Some simply have poor surfaces and nothing rides perfectly (unless it's a luxury car with air suspension), a small number have good roads.  

Where I live Kingston has good roads (they plane off surfaces and resurface anything degrading, even side roads.  Neighbouring Richmond has some dreadful surfaces because they patch holes with uneven filler, or leave the cracked surface.   Obviously ride is quiet and good in Kingston, but rough and not quiet in Richmond.  I digress, but let's not turn this into a quality of road debate, should be about the car.

Geography question. Will the Karoq replace the Yeti on the production line in the Czech republic? I believe that the Kodiak is produced in China. And while I'm at it whereeis the Seat Ateca assembled?  Personally i think this Globalisation lark is not all its cracked up to be and i would not have a Chinese car without waiting to see if the quality stacks up against EU production!