PM statement at Number 10

Laurie61

The people have spoken.  Expect TM's resignation in the next few hours for her actions.

Interesting to see the number of votes and percentages of total votes as well as the seats...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017/results

Edited by lol-lol

The only stable thing the Conservatives have now is the place where they keep their horses. 

They have messed up this campaign spectacularly with arrogance and ineptitude.

Where have all the good politicians gone - we seem to have a load of B listers in all parties?

• Like 2

I bet Labour are kicking themselves for not having a decent leader, but there again May wouldn't have called an election. Looks like Labour have picked up the UKIP vote. Tory party leader election soon? back to the polling booth in October? It feels like 1974 all over again. The SNP have lost 21 seats at present.

Pound down again with more uncertainty.

• Like 1

Massive home goal by May. A hung parliament is a disaster for the UK with the current events and reflected in the drop in £. I would rather have had a Labour government than a hung parliament.

Hopefully we'll have some centre of politics cooperation between the parties to move things along otherwise it's just becomes objections for the sake of it and the whole country suffers. 

Glad to see SNP got hammered as predicted as it speaks volumes to Sturgeon 

Just now, CWARD said:

Should have been the other way round

Just noticed that Alex Salmond has also gone.

Result of the night must be Fife North East, the SNP beat the Lib Dems by 2 votes 13,743 - 13,741.

Handed massive power to the DUP, the political wing of the 17th Century. Scottish Labour must be wondering why they urged their supporters to vote Tory in key marginals. If they'd backed themselves theey might have been in power now.

The ulster protestant tail will now wag the dog. 

Edited by domhnall

What a mess. May got greedy and got burned. If I remember correctly, N.I. voted strongly to stay in Europe. Could make things tricky for the Torys to have the DUP as bedfellows.

May should have known how fickle the voting public can be, after all it was less than a year ago that the surprise vote to leave Europe happened.

The vote is pretty much evenly split, as was Brexit. Isn't about time they all got together to work on Brexit and the countrys' other issues and pool their energies to the benefit of the country rather than try and score points off of each other.

Pipe dream - I know !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Zee said:

The vote is pretty much evenly split, as was Brexit. Isn't about time they all got together to work on Brexit and the countrys' other issues and pool their energies to the benefit of the country rather than try and score points off of each other.

Pipe dream - I know !

A mess is right as this will only create even more division. 

I am pleased that now the SNP have the amount of seats in Westminster that they might deserve.

A small point on them losing 21 seats as the media report, smart people.

There were 59 seats in the 2015 election and SNP got 56.

Then Michelle Thompson MP had to stand down from the SNP so they had 55 seats, then Natalie McGarry MP had to stand down from the SNP, 

so the SNP had 54 MP's in Westminster.

As the General Election was called in 2017 the SNP had 54 MP's that were SNP Members & with the SNP whip.

so 54 & now 35 means they lost 19 seats in the 2017 General Election.

Small point, but these things matter.

Edited by Awayoffski

Scotland needed balancing out so that's not a bad result really but I think I'd rather it was someone else.

Two own goals on the Trot for the Tories. All the result of hubris and never looking out form the bubble of Westminster.

However we're all ****ed becasue of it. The EU will have us over a barrel now.