Sharp Needles for Front Seat legs - under plastic/rubber

I think this is a practical joke to get us all to feel up our cars where no normal person would ever look. Anyway, despite being sober I went and had a grope and found nothing but hard plastic, rubber and a wire. Why would anyone care what's behind the trim? I don't want Skoda to waste money making the bits I can't see or feel nice when they could be improving the rest of the car. Why waste money on a VW, which is just an expensive Skoda, or Audi, which is an expensive VW?

This is no joke.

I don't know how to describe that place in English better.

They are similar to pigeon spikes posted above but much thicker.

The place is behind the rubber - very high where you manage to put your hand behind the place that represents the footrest.

Put your hand behind this place and try with your fingers to hold on the thick spikes that have sharp points :

test.thumb.jpg.2e3eff2ed1f110d409566d7284393e7e.jpg

Both Octavia III 2013 and 2017 facelift models have it.

VW uses some parts from Passat but not all.

The finish level is cost cutting measure.

Edited by umbral

Have you looked? (Although i'm not sure why you feel up into a space into which you cannot see in the first place). However, have you looked to see that what you are touching is not something that has in fact been broken, and you are feeling the sharp snapped edges?

Also, have you noticed now dangerous the front of the car is is you step out in front of it when it is moving at speed? It's a disgrace. I've just realised this and will go and buy an Audi as they don't make cost cutting measures.

Edited by Mallettsmallett
  • Like 4

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry pal, but we all bought Skodas knowing damn well they're 'cost cutted' VW's, that's why they're...

...you guessed correctly

...cheaper.

So long as the cutty bits are all out of sight and harm's way, who cares?

It's not like Skoda have stuck the wheels on with blu-tack and made the airbags out of condoms, is it? 

Not too sure what your (somewhat complicated and confusing) OP is all about really, apart from stating the blummin obvious.

Although thanks for the warning I suppose, I really must rein in my obsession with fondling the underside of the dashboard. :blush

A big issue is VW / employees / insiders that slag Skodas, then later they might end up having to work for Skoda.

Plenty of those around, you meet them in a Audi, BMW, JLR Dealership quite often then you might see them someplace selling cookers or even in a SEAT dealership.

15 hours ago, umbral said:

This is no joke.

You're trolling then.

Several people have looked and not found anything. The fact there might be spikes there is an indication that you shouldn't put your hand there. Have you cut your hand? That they seem to be difficult to find or reach means they matter even less. And you still haven't said why it matters that there are spiky bits somewhere where you shouldn't ever need to put your hand. If you put your hand in the engine it might get dirty or burnt or cut or broken or electrocuted. Does that mean you should buy a Bugatti instead?

This isn't cost cutting because there is no reason to ensure a nice finish in that location in any car. And I bought the Skoda because it was cheap. If they'd wasted money lining all the hidden panels with leather I would be really unhappy.

Edited by Rodge

15 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

umbral,  what car do you have, is it a Skoda?

Nissan Primera.

The Skoda official dealer said to me that all cars made after 2008 financial crash are crap (including VW group -> Skoda) and that cars made before 2008 crash are the last good cars that were made and have much better components and higher build quality.

Because after the 2008 crash, car makers didn't sell so many cars as before, so they had to cut costs and sell worse cars to gain more profit, since they could no longer win their money by selling in huge quantities.

15 hours ago, ahenners said:

@umbral but why does it matter though? It's out of sight and touch unless you go looking for it. 

In case of an accident they can easily pierce the rubber and enter my legs. Simple as that.

14 hours ago, FluffyEyeball said:

Have you looked? (Although i'm not sure why you feel up into a space into which you cannot see in the first place). However, have you looked to see that what you are touching is not something that has in fact been broken, and you are feeling the sharp snapped edges?

Because i am smart and look for things before i buy.

The spikes were present on new cars in the showroom. Nothing broken.

Sharp needles that keep the footrest rubber from going further back probably.

(joke) Maybe the arrow/spikes is the new core branding.

See video :

Edited by umbral

?

How about you name that "SKODA OFFICIAL DEALER", his or her name, or which Dealership?

You had best direct your concerns to the EU Commission or some Authority as to why such a dangerous feature passed EU Type Approval.

Best walk away and buy something safe like with a Airbag that has not been recalled, a Vauxhall that might not go on fire or set your house on fire, 

or something that does not have an Electric Brake that might not function and run you down.

Nothing with carpets that might inhibit brakes working or have the vehicle accelerating of their own accord,

& remember, no TESLA because they can kill you as well.

As to 2008 and the banking crash, that was not a Mobile Bank that crashed.  Spikes in the world money market are different spikes from in the cars worrying you.

Euro 5 Emissions were planned years before 2009, so not in 2008.   

Edited by Awayoffski

2 hours ago, umbral said:

In case of an accident they can easily pierce the rubber and enter my legs. Simple as that.

Odd that this these dangerous spikes you talk about didn't impact the 5* NCAP rating the Octavia has.

2 hours ago, Mallettsmallett said:

Don't feed the thread of pointlessness. It makes baby Jesus cry.

This. I think we've reached the point of ridiculousness where there's no return for this thread.

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

This. I think we've reached the point of ridiculousness where there's no return for this thread.

Please put this thread out of its misery.:sweat:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gregoir said:

Please put this thread out of its misery.:sweat:

No, No leave it, lets carry on 

We need to get to the bottom of these " Spikes " Health and saftey and all that.................

Perhaps Skoda needs to have Elastoplast Plasters as a factory option............