No menu on onboard computer

Im having trouble to get the menu up on the on board computer tried holding the buttons on the wiper stalk but nothing the car has a touch screen but I cant pair my phone from here. 

Need help:sweat:

What year is your car and does it have a multi function steering wheel?

I dont know about early Superbs II's and if you have to use the wiper stalk...on my 2014, you use the steering wheel to access the computer via the MID display. 

You press the menu button on the far right of the steering wheel (see pic below). You scroll through the menu option using the roller switch immediately to the left of it. When you see the menu option you want, you select it by pressing the roller switch in (i.e. it is a button and a roller switch combined -  it presses in as well as rolling up ad down).

gallery_142547_2007_515867.jpg

I have a 2009 elegance with multi function wheel and Columbus unit. The scroller button doesn't bring up the menu nor the left stalk rocker. There is a button by the rev counter that's symbol shows a box within a box but all that does is change the time.

I am taking the car back to the seller on Saturday. I just bought the car and there are a couple of faults on the car he said his mechanic will take a look.

Think I've bought a right lemon here :sadsmile:

Sounds like you don't have a steering wheel with buttons (multi-function steering wheel). I didn't know that that was possible in combination with a car kit. Are you sure you have on original car kit? Please post here the number of the module found under the right front seat.

That proves it is definitely a multi function wheel and it appears to be a correct one for a 2009 with the options your car has (some people change steering wheels but don't use the right ones, don't get them wired up and/or don't get them coded correctly).

The wheel looks in very good condition and not worn - does it match the wear on the rest of the car or could it have been replaced?

If the lower right hand button (the one under the phone button) on the steering wheel doesn't invoke the menus on the MID and the rocker switch at the end of the wiper stalk doesn't do it then there is a fault.

What are the other faults you mention? Perhaps if you told us some of the experienced guys here might be able to connect some dots for you.  As chimaera said above, the best thing would be to have the fault codes read so that you can pinpoint the module and/or fault in question.

5 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

What are the other faults you mention? Perhaps if you told us some of the experienced guys here might be able to connect some dots for you.  As chimaera said above, the best thing would be to have the fault codes read so that you can pinpoint the module and/or fault in question.

Fault code p111- Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Open. A coil symbol light and sometimes a ecl light.

Thankfully the seller has agreed to get his mechanic to have a look, otherwise I would clean the throttle body myself and check the anti-shudder valve

As for the buttons on the wheel, they all seem to function but i'm sure the seller had his phone paired so he must have got the menu up.

What buttons are you trying to press on the wiper stalk? I can't see any for controlling the cluster in the image you posted, if they were present I'd expect them on the end and the word 'trip' printed on the stalk.

What does the dash show with the engine running?

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

What buttons are you trying to press on the wiper stalk? I can't see any for controlling the cluster in the image you posted, if they were present I'd expect them on the end and the word 'trip' printed on the stalk.

What does the dash show with the engine running?

The rocker button that controls the cruise control. I believe holding the lower button brings up the menu , but it doesn't. The dash just shows trip, average speed , mpg etc. The only thing I can change is the time.

Tried nearly all the other button too.

1 minute ago, Vanders said:

The rocker button that controls the cruise control. I believe holding the lower button brings up the menu , but it doesn't. The dash just shows trip, average speed , mpg etc. The only thing I can change is the time.

The two buttons on the end of indicator switch are only for cruise control. It won't do anything for the MFD (multifunction display) in the dash panel.

As you have a MFSW (multi function steering wheel) then all dash control is done using the right hand buttons on the MFSW.

The right roller should let you choose between MPG/speed etc. If you press the back button (arrow under the phone button) it should give you a list of other menus/functions that can be selected. If it isn't working, you may have faulty button.

Pressing the phone button should take you to a menu to pair/unpair phones and see recent call lists (once a phone is paired).

It's all explained in more detail in the owners manual. If you haven't got an owners manual, try page 18 onwards of this online version: https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Superb/05-2012/Manual/B6_Superb_OwnersManual.pdf

Ok so I pressed realy hard on the back button and I now have the menu. The button must be worn.

There is nothing in the setup menu for setting up Bluetooth. So I guess I don't have the module for it.   

It's highly unlikely that you'd have a phone button without a bluetooth module. For cars without bluetooth I'd expect a change input button instead.

Is there a phone section when you managed to get the back button to work?

8 minutes ago, langers2k said:

It's highly unlikely that you'd have a phone button without a bluetooth module. For cars without bluetooth I'd expect a change input button instead.

Is there a phone section when you managed to get the back button to work?

There was a phone category but when you select it it just says no phone connect 

I think - not in the car right now - phone should be paired in the Bluetooth sub-menu - as this is how you connect - then you can configure it in the Phone sub-menu.

Edited by jafo

I have just bought a superb estate 1.6tdi and we couldn't get the bluetooth to work, took it back to the garage, basically they couldn't get it to work either (I think they had just tried to pair their phones) I checked with skoda online and the car was definitely factory fitted with it, so I told them it was, they spoke to 2 dealers who said that even if it was fitted but wasn't activated then it wouldn't work. As you can imagine we were not happy, so we went to pick up the car, the first thing I did was was check there was a Bluetooth module under the drivers seat then we got home I just unplugged the connector and re-connected it and it all came up on the screen and it works fine (if you unplug it make sure you disconnect the battery first) 

Ok all is sorted now I have my phone connected. Where I was going wrong was under the Bluetooth settings in the phone I was expecting the name skoda or something similar come up but it was actually Volkswagen came up. Because I have a VW also I assumed it was the saved setting from that. Anyway i'm happy now.

Does anyone know how to stream audio via Bluetooth from the phone? I see the Bluetooth symbol grayed out in the media section.

On 6.5.2017 at 14:51, Vanders said:

Does anyone know how to stream audio via Bluetooth from the phone? I see the Bluetooth symbol grayed out in the media section.

Check bluetooth settings on your phone. You must allow the phone to connect to the car also as media streamer.

35 minutes ago, linni said:

Check bluetooth settings on your phone. You must allow the phone to connect to the car also as media streamer.

Ive got a HTC M8 and the only options on bluetooth settings are phone audio and contact sharing. There in no media audio option like there is on my bluetooth heaphones. I guess my phone doesn't support it.

According to tech data your phone should support A2DP bluetooth protocol, but as I can see in different forums your phone model might have different issues with bluetooth streaming.

on my '11 superb estate I need to start playing the media on the phone (iPhone 6s) before the bluetooth symbol appears in the media screen (once the phone is connected to the car). I can then press the symbol and the music flows out. Can't control it via the car though.