RPM and KM/h, independent car heating phone remote

Hello,

at the moment i am still 'superb wanabe', nevertheless i am very close to give away my savings. I am looking at Superb L&K tdi 110kw 6-dsg. And i have some questions. First about independent car heating. Is it possible to upgrade the sistem to activate it with the phone? As i am aware original remote control unit should be able to communicate with the car up to 1000m, but i am not sure if this is still possible with car parked lets say in a public garage and you are 500m away? Any experience?

How about the sunroof? Should i order it or not? My bigest concern is additional noise due extra seals on the roof (noise at higher speed while the sunroof is closed). 
Also, is it possible to open the roof in the way that only the last part gets lifted?

If there is someone with the same engine/DSG and extra time, i would be gratefull for photos of instruments with speed and engine rpm at different speeds from 90 to 140km/h (10km/h increment).

Hope i am not asking too much. Thank you for your answers and photos in advance.

I've attached photos of instruments from my P307sw, 100kw, 2.0hdi, manual. I am quite interested to see comparison with Superb.

There is no photoshop involved at any photo (500.000km are all mine!)

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

i use stock, looks almost same as

https://www.webasto.com/gb/markets-products/car/retrofit-parking-heater/controls/telestart-t91/

max distance were ~300m in open area

for upgrade abilities try ask to producer of Auxiliary heater

https://www.webasto.com/gb/markets-products/car/retrofit-parking-heater/controls/thermo-call/

btw.

there is also timer option

Sunroof - I would go with one as I think it makes the car a lot lighter inside.

You can tilt and slide the front section only, back is fixed.

Is there any extra noise from the seals ? There may be but is so little the noise from the tyres easily drowns it out.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer informed me that there is no need for phone upgrade to remotely control Auxiliary heater. With the MY18 this can be done via Care Connect. Anyone tried that?

See attached photo - my dealer send it to me. I tried to find that same info on the  official Škoda page, but no luck.

ATT00052.gif