first service price

my 2016 is due its first service (oil change service according to display) its just over a year old and coming up to 9000 miles.

just been quoted £190 from Skoda instead of the £145 that's advertised online due to not being on a certain plan. What has everyone paid that their first oil service?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

my 2016 is due its first service (oil change service according to display) its just over a year old and coming up to 9000 miles.

just been quoted £190 from Skoda instead of the £145 that's advertised online due to not being on a certain plan. What has everyone paid that their first oil service?

Thanks.

I purchased the service plan for under 1 year old cars at the same time as booking my car in for its first service, so paid £279 for year 1 + 2.

This was a few weeks ago - as long as the car is under 1 year old at the time of purchasing the plan, you should be covered.

So which greedy Barstewards want £190 for a 9,400 / 372 days First Minor Service.?

(Some offer 10% off first services which is why some overprice so that 10% is still a rip off.)

Oil / Filter, Inspection, maybe a road test, likely not, maybe on the diagnostics, likely not, 

probably that very expensive 'free' wash and vacuum.

The National Pricing Fixed Service is supposedly a £149 for cars over 3 years old, and at Participating Dealers etc.

So what are they offering to do or not do for £190?

They can do cheaper servicing than National Pricing.

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

Why they get called Stealers be some..

Edited by Awayoffski

FWIW, my wife has paid £195 for each of her first two Ford Fiesta diesel services; they're both oil/filter changes and nothing more.......in fact, at her second service she dropped the car off at 8.30a.m and got a call at 9.40a.m to say it was ready (and it had been washed/valeted).

Not sure how the dealers can justify their labour rates.

Vote with your feet, the more people that roll over and pay the £190 the more the dealer will rip off their customers.

£149 is Skoda's fixed price for a fixed / annual oil service...

The small print says for cars 3 years or older but there are plenty of dealers out there that will honour it.

5 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Thanks.

Paid £139 last weekend, booked online and serviced at RRG Rochdale  

23 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Thanks.

£129 Lookers Eccles.. and got them to change it to a fixed service instead of a variable.

16 hours ago, alladin1616 said:

I was quoted £180 on phone. After checking here,  I booked online and took my own oil, and total was about £140.

You can get a decent discount if providing own oil and the dealer is ok with it. I paid about £80 for my MK2 FL VRS to be serviced with a minor service last year at my local dealer.

I paid £118 at a main dealers for my 1st service.  2nd service they tried to charge me £180 but this came down to £145 once I challenged what work they were actually doing.  Not going back to the dealers for the 3rd service next year!