Glovebox and arm rest box cooling

Quick question, should the air blown into the glove box and arm rest box be chilled (if the vent is opened) no matter what the air temp is set to in the rest of the car?

Reason I ask is mine arm rest box was oven warm the other day when it was cold outside, not much fun for my Snickers bar I'd left in there!

17 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The glove box and arm rest box will be chilled/warmed to the same temp to whatever the AC is set to.

That means my day-glo vests will be nice and chilled when I have to get them out in France!

You're meant to keep a day-glo vest in the cabin for each passenger. They look so obvious in the door pockets, and I can't figure out where else to put them. 

13 minutes ago, freelunch said:

They look so obvious in the door pockets, and I can't figure out where else to put them. 

That's what the recessed (covered) part at the rear of each door pocket is intended for.

Most countries that require vests also require each vest to be within easy access of each passenger - that's where those recesses come in useful. Hidden but accessible.

• Like 1

Is there not a stowage compartment under the driver's seat for a hi-viz. There is in the Yeti, and there was on my Mk2 Fabia.

It gets rid of at least one of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic, I have 3-zone air conditioning so which temperature does the glovebox/armrest vent go off? :o

2 hours ago, drewellis said:

Back to the topic, I have 3-zone air conditioning so which temperature does the glovebox/armrest vent go off? :o

Found this "

It draws air from after the evaporator, but before the heater core, so it's always cool as long as it's cold outside or the air conditioning is on."  http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437110 post #7

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peter_k said:

Found this "

It draws air from after the evaporator, but before the heater core, so it's always cool as long as it's cold outside or the air conditioning is on."  http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437110 post #7

Good to know, thanks for this :)

6 hours ago, drewellis said:

The on board computer adds up the 3 temperatures, divides them by 33.333333333333333333333333333recuring, takes an average and thats the temperature of each vent

So I'm told

• Like 1