Modifying Your Fabia MK III

Well i hit a bit of a dilemma today, got the bumper all masked up and outline drawn and was about to make the cut but discovered there is a bumper bracket right in the place where I need to cut.....i don't know how to get round this.

It's also hard to tell if I am for certain in the right place too. Should I just 86 the idea of adding the tip?? 

Just now, James777 said:

Well i hit a bit of a dilemma today, got the bumper all masked up and outline drawn and was about to make the cut but discovered there is a bumper bracket right in the place where I need to cut.....i don't know how to get round this.

It's also hard to tell if I am for certain in the right place too. Should I just 86 the idea of adding the tip?? 

Honestly mate, I'm getting it done by someone who I'm assuming has done it before (the person from Powerflow installing my exhaust). Maybe try going to someone who is experienced and takes pride in their work?

I just got my new exhaust on, first impressions are good. Would've preferred to have a cut out but it honestly looks good in person without a cut out. The exhaust supposedly has warranty for as long as I have the car, which is nice; thank you Powerflow! 

20170615_164337-01.jpeg

Not a fan of non cutout exhausts, think they are too low and obviously aftermarket... would have looked so much better poking through a cutout, but if your happy that's what counts.

Whats the noise like? You stayed quiet or gone for a bit of noise?

If so, upload a sound clip or even better a YouTube video please.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damo said:

Not a fan of non cutout exhausts, think they are too low and obviously aftermarket... would have looked so much better poking through a cutout, but if your happy that's what counts.

Whats the noise like? You stayed quiet or gone for a bit of noise?

If so, upload a sound clip or even better a YouTube video please.

Cheers

I totally agree Damo, I definitely would've preferred a cutout. However, I'd only like it if it was done smoothly, too many of them look scrappy in my opinion. Plus if I'm ever wanting to sell the car, I most likely won't sell it with this exhaust and so there would be a big cutout left over lol. I will try and upload a video, I did record one but it really doesn't show the sound properly (wind noise mostly).

On 2017-6-15 at 21:02, Lemto said:

I definitely would've preferred a cutout. However, I'd only like it if it was done smoothly, too many of them look scrappy in my opinion. Plus if I'm ever wanting to sell the car, I most likely won't sell it with this exhaust and so there would be a big cutout left over lol.

I think it looks really good Lemto, I guess it would look better cut in but I think you have done the right thing not having it cut in, it can look awful if not done right. I decided not to back my bumper for my exhaust trim because I can just see it going all wrong for one reason and another. I have another drop down tip in order and should fit next week. Hopefully it fits ok. It of course won't like as good as yours or sound but its just a little accessory. I probably plan on exchanging my car after my agreement anyway so.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-17 at 10:21, James777 said:

I'd like a pic straight on rear view and a vid would be great!

On 2017-6-17 at 10:20, James777 said:

I think it looks really good Lemto, I guess it would look better cut in but I think you have done the right thing not having it cut in, it can look awful if not done right. I decided not to back my bumper for my exhaust trim because I can just see it going all wrong for one reason and another. I have another drop down tip in order and should fit next week. Hopefully it fits ok. It of course won't like as good as yours or sound but its just a little accessory. I probably plan on exchanging my car after my agreement anyway so.

I'll get a picture today at some point, also, in regards to the cutout situation, I'm tempted to do it. However, I think I'm going to have to buy an extra diffuser so that I can put it on when selling the car in the future. They aren't cheap though, so it's a bit of a pain.

Personally would have had the cutout done at time of fitting, as James says, it would need the weld cutting and repositioning.

Regarding when it's time to trade in, just leave it on with cut out etc.

I did with my last car, and they never questioned that it wasn't standard.

Would have cost me more to put the standard exhaust back on anyway

1 minute ago, Damo said:

Personally would have had the cutout done at time of fitting, as James says, it would need the weld cutting and repositioning.

Regarding when it's time to trade in, just leave it on with cut out etc.

I did with my last car, and they never questioned that it wasn't standard.

Would have cost me more to put the standard exhaust back on anyway

Fair enough, I don't think it would be too hard of a job to do it as I got the exhaust installed in a way that is easier to remove. I did this so that when I'm selling the car in the future I can put the original exhaust back on.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-17 at 10:21, James777 said:

I'd like a pic straight on rear view and a vid would be great!

Here's that rear picture you were asking for :)

20170618_171022-01.jpeg

On 2017-6-18 at 20:08, Lemto said:

Here's that rear picture you were asking for :)

20170618_171022-01.jpeg

Looks really nice as it is great job. I fitted this today, sorry for the crap pic I didn't realise i had the sun in the wrong direction 

20170620_144410.png

Decided to stick with it now, not cutting the bumper as this will de-value when  trading in. Thought I would share this vid of the exhaust note. 

I am actually surprised what a difference it makes,  you don't notice much from inside. 

just wondering does anyone know how to change the 2 x rear passenger bulbs each side? I can figure out the front map readers but how do you get to these in the photo without breaking anything.

I fancy changing the internal colour to blue along with the map readers?

Passenger Lights.jpg

6 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

just wondering does anyone know how to change the 2 x rear passenger bulbs each side? I can figure out the front map readers but how do you get to these in the photo without breaking anything.

I fancy changing the internal colour to blue along with the map readers?

Passenger Lights.jpg

Be VERY careful!

read my thread (Post 13) as I broke both mine... (They were unbelievably hard to remove!)

The little metal spring is so tight to the metal of the roof.

You have to very carefully move the clip in with a thin screwdriver or plastic tool if you have one, then slide the whole assembly towards the front of the car IIRC.

As I said, I broke both mine because they were SO tight, and the clips are so flimsy!

21 hours ago, Damo said:

The little metal spring is so tight to the metal of the roof.

You have to very carefully move the clip in with a thin screwdriver or plastic tool if you have one, then slide the whole assembly towards the front of the car IIRC.

As I said, I broke both mine because they were SO tight, and the clips are so flimsy!

Thanks,Will bear this in mind & leave it till last!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else fitted the bonnet struts from superskoda?  I think they are well worth the price, i spent a little extra on resprayng them myself so they match my theme.

However they did put my insurance up as it is apparently classed as a body modification...

20170712_125155.jpg

20170712_125214.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I ordered these lowering springs for my Fabia: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262238638943 - the delivery took longer than expected but I could cope. Was extremely excited to get them fitted today only to be told by my mechanic that they do not fit as the strut end mounts are too small. I'm gutted to say the least, mainly because ebay told me it would fit my car after entering it's details. 

I'm sure it's my fault for not knowing exactly what fits my car or not but it's extremely confusing. I prefer it when they just ask for your registration number, however on eBay supposedly mine isn't correct when it definitely is. 

20170703_150007.jpg

Edited by Lemto
Spelling mistake.

Looks like they are for fabia MK2  

It lists type 5j 

And they were cheaper from a UK stockists 

See if you can swap and pay the difference only problem is you may have to pay return postage 

Edit don't think h&r list springs for NJ fabia yet 

Edited by malcster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, malcster said:

Looks like they are for fabia MK2  

It lists type 5j 

See if you can swap and pay the difference only problem is you may have to pay return postage 

Thank you for that information @Malcster, I hate to be a pain in the bum but could you do me a favour and find lowering springs for my Monte? Preferably Eibach or H&R, 40mm. If you don't have time, it's all good as I've asked the seller if they could give me a set that would fit.

Also, I'm quite confused as on my V5C document it states that my car is the following: 

Make: Skoda

Type: 5J

Model: Fabia Monte Carlo TSI

Body type: 5 door hatchback

Taxation class: Petrol car

Could it be a mistake or am I completely clueless idiot? Lol

Edited by Lemto