Modifying Your Fabia MK III

On 12/7/2017 at 20:55, Nathanb93 said:

Has anyone else fitted the bonnet struts from superskoda?  I think they are well worth the price, i spent a little extra on resprayng them myself so they match my theme.

However they did put my insurance up as it is apparently classed as a body modification...

20170712_125155.jpg

20170712_125214.jpg

I bought Them, but have not yet installed them.

was there a guide with yours? Could you do it by yourself, or was it a two person job?

There was no guide, it can be done with out help just make sure everything you need is within reach once you start undoing bolts.

Once you have them on you will notice a bit of a gap under the front of the brackets, i had a bit of 3 or 4mm 3M foam that i cut and put in it to stop paint rubbing. Have fun!

3 hours ago, Nathanb93 said:

There was no guide, it can be done with out help just make sure everything you need is within reach once you start undoing bolts.

Once you have them on you will notice a bit of a gap under the front of the brackets, i had a bit of 3 or 4mm 3M foam that i cut and put in it to stop paint rubbing. Have fun!

Thanks

can you take a couple of close up fotos of the installment.? 

25 minutes ago, Nathanb93 said:

You will also need a washer like in the second image

20180415_181955.jpg

20180415_181948.jpg

Thank you so much. 

And yes I need a washer, that was not included. so that put an end for the work today, since I didn’t have any laying around. 

So I bought these carbon fibre door handle cover about a month ago from super skoda and finally got round to fitting them.

Turns out the supplied tape isnt too great and they were far too easy to remove, one was almost falling off on it own... so I have removed them while I search for a better way of fixing them.

Current thoughts are either sillicone or a non sillicone based alternative, body trim tape (dont really trust the tape) or some small stainless steel dome head allen bolts/self tappers on the underside.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Some guys at work think that sillicone might be too strong and damage the paint on removal and would also be a pain to remove residual sillicone from the paintwork

20180417_130449.jpg

20180417_130510.jpg

20180417_130434.jpg

• Like 2

Supersprint exhaust from Italy. Excellent fit but had to cut rear valance. KW coilovers on bottom setting (rear) and mid setting (front) - dampers and springs far better than stock Fabia. Also has Forge Induction Kit and Forge Blow-off Valve.

On 17/04/2018 at 17:15, Nathanb93 said:

So I bought these carbon fibre door handle cover about a month ago from super skoda and finally got round to fitting them.

Turns out the supplied tape isnt too great and they were far too easy to remove, one was almost falling off on it own... so I have removed them while I search for a better way of fixing them.

Current thoughts are either sillicone or a non sillicone based alternative, body trim tape (dont really trust the tape) or some small stainless steel dome head allen bolts/self tappers on the underside.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Some guys at work think that sillicone might be too strong and damage the paint on removal and would also be a pain to remove residual sillicone from the paintwork

20180417_130449.jpg

20180417_130510.jpg

20180417_130434.jpg

Just incase anyone was wondering, i used a product called CT1. Had loads at work and they also make a non aggressive solvent degreaser to remove it.

Just used a few blobs of clear CT1 and some masking tape to hold it all down while it cured.

Worked great! Ill let you know if it destroys my car when i remove them in future Ha!!

Edited by Nathanb93
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackConcept said:

Supersprint exhaust from Italy. Excellent fit but had to cut rear valance. KW coilovers on bottom setting (rear) and mid setting (front) - dampers and springs far better than stock Fabia. Also has Forge Induction Kit and Forge Blow-off Valve.

Looks good! Could you show a close up of the cut out For the exhaust?

Cheers

3 hours ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

Dealer discretion me thinks, my Fabia VRS was lowered and had the remainder of the warranty left and no hassle when it needed warrenty work.

Davy

Did they know it had been lowered? Or did you just not say anything?

On 23/04/2018 at 19:37, BlackConcept said:

02AC8B60-58FB-48AD-B3F0-A8B70F095FB3.jpeg

Love to see a fellow Monte Carlo looking sharp! Have you got 17” alloys? I feel like they’re smaller but it looks awesome lowered. Did you do the exhaust cut out yourself too? I couldn’t bring myself to do it!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lemto said:

Love to see a fellow Monte Carlo looking sharp! Have you got 17” alloys? I feel like they’re smaller but it looks awesome lowered. Did you do the exhaust cut out yourself too? I couldn’t bring myself to do it!

How much is it lowered by as well?

Davy

Lemto - not a Monte Carlo, no side skirts or rear diffuser, just a lightly modified SE L. 16” wheels and bodyshop cut the rear bumper.

Skodaboy1983 - hard to say exactly with coilovers but roughly 40mm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackConcept said:

Lemto - not a Monte Carlo, no side skirts or rear diffuser, just a lightly modified SE L. 16” wheels and bodyshop cut the rear bumper.

Skodaboy1983 - hard to say exactly with coilovers but roughly 40mm.

That’s surprising to me, looks eerily similar to my monte! Looks nice either way. Good job mate :)

Hi Guys

I joined the forum just about a year ago after purchasing a 110 Monte.

Asked a few questions and then work took over my life so didnt get back on.

Hopefully all is a bit calmer now so its time to start loving the car for what it is. Ive just been through the pages on this chat to find some answers before bothering you all but ive either missed what i seek or its in another chat.

So....

Im thinking of upgrading the following:

Exhaust - stainless system???

Power - Remap or Plug/play???

Air- induction or filter???

Suspension - coilovers???

It runs with the opted for Skoda Sports Suspension. I know a lot of you question the FF option but i quite like it and it makes a subtle difference to ride height although i do agree that the rear still sits high.

If any of you could offer advice or opinions on the above list id be very greatful.

Hi!

For Power I can recommend the RaceChip plugin chip. It really does wonders for the usable torque, and makes the car really easy to drive. Installation/removal takes under 5 minutes, and once you remove the chip, the car is back to stock.

• Like 1