Today is my last offical day at work

Auric Goldfinger

Sounds like a plan......

does that make tomorrow your 65th if so happy birthday

give it a few weeks or so and you'll wonder how you found the time to go to work ( if meant retired people's comments are true, ) I look forward to finding out, mind you I work part time and find this a very happy medium !!

I wouldn't have realised you were that old Andy as you look like a spring chicken. A well battered one though! :o

However, just think of all the extra time you can now allocate to being on Briskoda! :kiss:

9 minutes ago, davidwhite said:

Sounds like a plan......

does that make tomorrow your 65th if so happy birthday

I was * cough * 60 in February, I've gone early. Ex BR employees can take there pention at 60

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I was * cough * 60 in February, I've gone early. Ex BR employees can take there pention at 60

So you're going form sitting down all day looking out of the window to sitting down all day looking out of the window.:D

Good luck in your retirement. I will be 61 in a couple of months and when I hinted that I was thinking of retiring to a customer a few months ago he said 'no problem, when the machine goes down we'll send a car down and drag up up here to fix it' My view is that all the time I'm fit enough I will carry on working.

1 hour ago, skinnyman said:

Does this mean that you're going to be spending a bit more time by the East Coast then Andy?

Hope so, we are looking at a new build in Hutton Cranswick. Near to the coast, on the Hull to Scarborough Rail line ( free travel for both of us ) and near enough back to Harrogate to see the grand kids

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

Enjoy the retirement Andy,

I had a dedication moment on site when my trackwork dropped together like a glove at about 2pm.

Ill spray it up when im back there on monday night ;)

Good luck

Nice place you've chosen to settle in.

I can't wait for retirement to come.

You beat me by 4 weeks - my last shift is Jun 22nd.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Day 2 in the Goldfinger house.

Andy's been officially retired for 36hrs.

Andy's wife has only threatened murder 7 times.

Andy is not happy with this result, must try harder.

:D

• Like 3

I think the problem with retirement is that after a week or so the wife will realise that having you in the house all day every day isn't ideal and will probably start looking to find you a job to get you out of the house.

• Like 2

Happy early OAP day Andy. If getting under the bosses feet is posing to be an issue already, you could suggest she gets a job and then zimmer like you've never done before out the door! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moley said:

I think the problem with retirement is that after a week or so the wife will realise that having you in the house all day every day isn't ideal and you will start looking to find yourself a job to get  out of the house.

Corrected for you.

Enjoy it Andy. I "retired early " ( at 62), when Nowork rail ran out of money because they'd squandered it on paying consultants to do what BR blokes had being doing for years ,on the cheap.

TBH- I was going to work to top up my pension fund, not for the enjoyment. Fortunately, I landed most of the track safety jobs, leaving the younger ones to do the physical stuff.

Problem is that once you've got all day to do jobs, that you've put off for lack of time, you find extra reasons for putting them off . At least ,if you don't have to take the car out next day, you can now have a pint or two at night- no D & A policy to worry about. And you can now enjoy a seeded bit of toast in the morning :blink:, without fear of the little lady with the jug appearing to ask for a "sample".

• Like 1

On 30/05/2017 at 01:46, mac11irl said:

Many fond memories of nights like that, where we had to find pads to put under PW & welders trolleys to test tracks.

Edited by VWD
add photo
  • Like 1

Today,I thought I'd found a appropriate "retirement gift " for AG- as seen on the side of a Van" MAN SERVICE" - something I'd thought Ag needed in light of his bedroom bans. BUT NO- IT WAS for VAN & TRUCK SERVICING.