Delivery Timescales

4 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

Is yours week 32 build a provisional or did they tell you it was confirmed?

I think it's about as confirmed as these things can be - unfortunately I didn't have my responsible adult with me at the time and I think I may have got a little excited when I got the call :D

I  expect to get a delivery date that coincides exactly with being on holiday :crying: :D

9 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

Has anyone (apart from me) ordered the energy blue (aka Smurf blue, cheapskate blue, and likely other derogatory names...!). I'm starting to wonder if my car will in fact be more unique than y'alls!

Yes, I have.  

• Thanks 1

Hi.

Ordered 05 of April.

I received today (official Skoda sms) that my Octavia was produced.:biggrin: (week 24 probably).

Skoda dealer told me is waiting for a boat but will only have it at the beginning of the next month.

Almost here.:cool:

21 hours ago, Almeida said:

Hi.

Ordered 05 of April.

I received today (official Skoda sms) that my Octavia was produced.:biggrin: (week 24 probably).

Skoda dealer told me is waiting for a boat but will only have it at the beginning of the next month.

Almost here.:cool:

Great news but expect up to a month delay between waiting for a boat and it being delivered by your local dealer based on recent experiences for many on this site incl myself. 

7 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Great news but expect up to a month delay between waiting for a boat and it being delivered by your local dealer based on recent experiences for many on this site incl myself. 

Yes.

Most probably end of july.

I believe my Octavia Estate is now in the UK but I'm off to Austria in a one month old Superb Sportline Hatch, 1.4 DSG, provided by my dealer FOC.  I have only had to meet the cost of insurance as their company insurance only covers UK.  

Hopefully when I get back in a  couple of weeks I'll simply hand back the Superb and take my Octavia.

I simply can't fault the dealer.

John

• Like 1

Sounds like you've been really well looked after, John!! Maybe worth telling everyone who your dealer is? I'm sure most of us would rather give our business to a dealer like yours, who provides great service, if it's do-able.

Have a great trip!

Ours has been in the UK (port) for 2 weeks now but have no idea on when we will receive it.
We must have one of the longest waits for a car here (placed the order end of december argh).

11 minutes ago, RDVantage said:

Ours has been in the UK (port) for 2 weeks now but have no idea on when we will receive it.
We must have one of the longest waits for a car here (placed the order end of december argh).

Your wait is the norm i’m afraid.  Many ordered in Oct or early Nov and only just picked up - some still waiting.  Picked mine up 3 weeks ago today and had to wait 204 days.  Would expect your car to be with dealer within a week if it’s been sat in uk for 2 weeks already.  Fingers crossed for you. Defo worth the wait

5 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Your wait is the norm i’m afraid.  Many ordered in Oct or early Nov and only just picked up - some still waiting.  Picked mine up 3 weeks ago today and had to wait 204 days.  Would expect your car to be with dealer within a week if it’s been sat in uk for 2 weeks already.  Fingers crossed for you. Defo worth the wait

I hope you are right! We have ordered via an NHS lease scheme so finding information on where it is is hard as it goes first through the NHS team then the lease company then the dealers!!

On 18/06/2018 at 11:15, Cakemonster said:

at the risk of being shunned - Quartz Grey :blush: coat on door open....

Oh well lol I’m sure it will look great! I came close to ordering quartz grey but SWMBO won again and said Race Blue. It’s quite reassuring that we have been given the same build week though might mean we have a good chance of it not changing if they are doing a batch of them. Is yours week 32 build a provisional or did they tell you it was confirmed?

My dealer has been in touch with an update and my build week did go back to week 33 for a brief period but has gone back to week 32 again and looks to be confirmed for that week. So happy days. Should have my 1.5 SEL Estate DSG by mid September providing it don’t get held up at the port or waiting for transport to dealer in the September rush!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Sounds like you've been really well looked after, John!! Maybe worth telling everyone who your dealer is? I'm sure most of us would rather give our business to a dealer like yours, who provides great service, if it's do-able.

Have a great trip!

No problem.  The dealer is Simpsons of Colne. 

I get the impression that some people have had mixed dealings with Simpsons.  Indeed I recently posted over what I considered to be very high servicing costs but that in itself was not an issue relating to Customer Service simply their costing model.  

However, they really have looked after us this time and indeed over the years.  My last Skodas 10 (including the new Octavia) have come from Simpsons.

Special mention this time to Sales Executive Ben Murray and Sales Manager Paul Gaskell.

I would and have recommended Simpsons to many people.

John

Appreciate reading the positive comments about your dealer, John.  Mostly all I see is bitching and moaning.  It's a true fact that people make much more effort to complain than they do to praise.  As a personal choice, I would always choose to travel to a really good, well recommended dealer than put up with crap service on my doorstep!

Cheers, Peter. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Appreciate reading the positive comments about your dealer, John.  Mostly all I see is bitching and moaning.  It's a true fact that people make much more effort to complain than they do to praise.  As a personal choice, I would always choose to travel to a really good, well recommended dealer than put up with crap service on my doorstep!

Hence the reason I travel 55 miles each way to Mitchell's ( Cheshire Oaks) for  excellent customer service rather than the local (  6 mile distance) dealership who are appalling IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RDVantage said:

Mine is also in the UK.  However my dealer told me that in my case, they need to get it registered by the end of the month therefore when cars are being collected by the transporter, they will prioritise cars that are up against a registration deadline.

John

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

I totally agree Peter.  Don't get me wrong, they aren't perfect but then who is?  Thing is that when there has been a problem, they have gone the extra mile to explain their position and try to come to some accommodation.   We have never come away feeling that we have been got at or turned over.

John

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jst_at_home said:

Mine is also in the UK.  However my dealer told me that in my case, they need to get it registered by the end of the month therefore when cars are being collected by the transporter, they will prioritise cars that are up against a registration deadline.

John

That sounds about right from what I was told in February, ownership transfers from VAG to the dealer/finance provider once the VIN is allocated a Reg No, I thought I also read they can only be shipped from the port when the Reg No is allocated for insurance during transit but don’t see how this benefits anyone.

• Thanks 1

Collected my new Octavia this morning. A Scout 2.0tdi 184ps DSG. Went to the garage by bus, well actually 3 buses, so the ride home was considerably more comfortable. Ordered on 27th March so about 13 weeks. Had heated screen, spare wheel, electric boot and KESSY + 5 year warranty  Ordered Corrida Red as we have a Karoq with Velvet Red and I wasn't convinced it was worth the extra. Also had Lifeshine and have since added Travall dog guard and Boot Buddy. Only regret at the moment is not ordering Towbar Prep. This is our 5th Skoda, all purchased from West End Skoda in Dunfermline. They've always been brilliant with us which is why we keep going back. Not our nearest dealer but well worth the travel.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

Collected my new Octavia this morning. A Scout 2.0tdi 184ps DSG. Went to the garage by bus, well actually 3 buses, so the ride home was considerably more comfortable. Ordered on 27th March so about 13 weeks. Had heated screen, spare wheel, electric boot and KESSY + 5 year warranty  Ordered Corrida Red as we have a Karoq with Velvet Red and I wasn't convinced it was worth the extra. Also had Lifeshine and have since added Travall dog guard and Boot Buddy. Only regret at the moment is not ordering Towbar Prep. This is our 5th Skoda, all purchased from West End Skoda in Dunfermline. They've always been brilliant with us which is why we keep going back. Not our nearest dealer but well worth the travel.

Get some pictures of your pride and joy posted otherwise we won’t believe you. B)

• 2 weeks later...