Delivery Timescales

On 30/11/2018 at 19:36, ExSEAT said:

Found out today my car is due to be built next week. Ordered on the 28th of october, to take into account a potential 6 month wait and march. May miss the 2019 reg at this rate.

Wow, that was quick. I ordered mid August and due to be built one week later than yours, Grrrr! I wonder why the variation - maybe different models / specs. Mine is a 1.5 estate.

50 minutes ago, terryat said:

Wow, that was quick. I ordered mid August and due to be built one week later than yours, Grrrr! I wonder why the variation - maybe different models / specs. Mine is a 1.5 estate.

I ordered mine in late October too and was told that it wouldn't likely be there until about March or maybe April. The only thing which changed was colour choice, originally I'd chosen Business Grey but got a phone call later on to tell me that this colour was no longer available. Pondered on Maple Brown thinking it was kind of bronze in hue from some pics online but saw other images which showed it as very, very brown! So ended up changing it to Race Blue, at which point build week became Week 50 and this was confirmed last week too. I'm waiting on a 1.5 Estate car too, looks like the factory scheduling is in large part to do with the colour you choose, popular colours will be made more frequently whilst other colours much less frequently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, teescom09 said:

Didn’t know you could still get mudflaps let alone want them. Pretty rare these days 

If you live in an area with many narrow muddy lanes then both front and rear mudflaps are a must if you want to avoid lots of mud (and stone chips) over the doors and rear underside.

They were the first thing I fitted to my Octavia when I bought it.

2 hours ago, terryat said:

1 hour ago, AllanDJ said:

I ordered mine in late October too and was told that it wouldn't likely be there until about March or maybe April. The only thing which changed was colour choice, originally I'd chosen Business Grey but got a phone call later on to tell me that this colour was no longer available. Pondered on Maple Brown thinking it was kind of bronze in hue from some pics online but saw other images which showed it as very, very brown! So ended up changing it to Race Blue, at which point build week became Week 50 and this was confirmed last week too. I'm waiting on a 1.5 Estate car too, looks like the factory scheduling is in large part to do with the colour you choose, popular colours will be made more frequently whilst other colours much less frequently.

I spent hours pondering the reasons for this when I was waiting for mine!  I think there are too many factors involved to get a right answer.  Mine was a Motability order and I was and am convinced that standard retail orders are given priority.  Available dealer build slots is another factor and orders being sat on and not put through necessarily immediately is another.  The latest and biggest holdup of course was the GPF issues with VAG group being way behind the curve.  As this holdup has gradually been fixed, orders have started to fly through as they try to clear the backlog.  Sales have took a large hit due to this so I would suppose they're doing their best not to get any more cancelled orders or have to provide sweeteners to keep customers onside.

Good choice with the Race Blue, AllenDJ.  It's a well known fact that this is the best colour and provides an extra 10% BHP and shaves 0.5 seconds off the 0-62 time. :D

• Like 1

Factory configuration plays a big part I would expect. Im sure there were 2 production lines for the octavia with only one of those used for VRS orders, as the VRS vanished off the order books while one line was reconfigured for the FL model a little while ago. Mine is a VRS order and it is in a 'paid for' colour, so Im not sure if that plays a part. 

7 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Factory configuration plays a big part I would expect. Im sure there were 2 production lines for the octavia with only one of those used for VRS orders, as the VRS vanished off the order books while one line was reconfigured for the FL model a little while ago. Mine is a VRS order and it is in a 'paid for' colour, so Im not sure if that plays a part. 

Who knows? :blink:

Still no positive build week & have now taken delivery of a "cancelled" order with all the factory options I specified...plus some more what had considered for not a lot of extra £££s -What result !! Strangely the dealer will still take delivery of my (original) still to be built ordered Octavia ?

10 hours ago, BACUPIAN said:

Still no positive build week & have now taken delivery of a "cancelled" order with all the factory options I specified...plus some more what had considered for not a lot of extra £££s -What result !! Strangely the dealer will still take delivery of my (original) still to be built ordered Octavia ?

Sounds like a good result, congratulations! I imagine if people are prepared to wait for a factory build to get options then the dealer has a high confidence they can shift the original order fairly easy or allow another dealer to have it in the same way you got yours. Makes sense really.

• 3 weeks later...

When calling in at the dealers...still NO POSITIVE build date on my original order,it will become a "stock" car with them(eventually) & my p/x Rapid has now been sold ! To date @ 855 miles NO issues WHAT SO EVER with the 1.5 tsi engine as owners have had on this forum...even the mpg is improving...engine "loosening up" & the winter pack is a most "appreciated factory option"...the "Brilliant Silver" is NOT so brilliant in this weather though ! ! Considering GAP insurance next....10% of with Briskoda...3yrs £190.. a no brainer ? Just to mention paid off the PCP arrangement with VW Finance with NO LOSS of any "benefits" that were on offer!

Edited by BACUPIAN
GAP insurance offer via Briskoda & VW Finance comfirmation

@BACUPIAN Ive seen lower priced gap insurance for 3 ywars return to invoice. For my forthcoming VRS245 the avwrage is about £160 but its a crowded market seemingly and its hard to know who to trust.

Weird about your former order not having a firm date. Im picking up my factory order tomorrow, around 8 weeks from order date. I must have got a cancellation I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to up date the GAP insurance [3 yrs return to invoice] came out at £171....& from ordering wk32 the originally ordered car is now on its way ! Now done 1800 miles & averaged 49.0 mpg [inc full advantage of the winter pack]& with NO engine issues as with other models with 1.5 TSI engine , Iam one very pleased owner....& hope it stays that way!!

ALA are always well regarded when it comes to GAP insurance.

I managed to get 4yrs of their "Vehicle Replacement Plus" cover for £170.24 (OK, there was a 25% voucher doing the rounds back end of last year).

YES. mine is also "vehicle replacement plus" but you got 1 yr extra for similar money, pity I didn't know about your 25% voucher offer ! Still OVER 50% LESS than the Skoda dealer was quoting, so not to disappointed with what I paid !

My 17 plate vRS is due to be handed back this year at the end of the PCH deal. Does anyone know what is likely to happen? Wouldn't mind keeping it for another 12 months at the same price but have read that VWFS hike the monthly up if you want to do that. 

What deals have people had on PCH with new vRS's recently? Would happily hand my diesel back in for a new 245 engine when the time comes too. Currently pay £240 a month and that was with 3 months down for 2.5 years from Horton Skoda.

7 hours ago, Turkleton said:

My 17 plate vRS is due to be handed back this year at the end of the PCH deal. Does anyone know what is likely to happen? Wouldn't mind keeping it for another 12 months at the same price but have read that VWFS hike the monthly up if you want to do that. 

What deals have people had on PCH with new vRS's recently? Would happily hand my diesel back in for a new 245 engine when the time comes too. Currently pay £240 a month and that was with 3 months down for 2.5 years from Horton Skoda.

Given you've opted for higher monthlies and a lower initial payment, I don't think you'll see too much difference. 

Hi

I ordered a Octavia SE 1.5 TSI DSG this week

When the dealer (Lookers) checked what he had pre ordered he had one that was due to be built week 7

Fortunately it had the to 2 extras that I wanted, electrically folding wing mirrors and a spare wheel.

My only compromise was the colour and the Quartz Grey he offered looked good on a demo car he showed me

He was expecting delivery sometime in the first 2 weeks of March

If that proves to be the case it will suit me.

John

• Like 1

I was told when I ordered mine, that it would probably be March before I saw it, which caused an issue with the PCP, but Garlands said that it could be extended if it didn't show up before then.

I got an email from Louie to say that, my car was built in the 1st week of January and that it's on it's way from the factory and I should expect it in the next few weeks, probably last week of January to Mid February.

Much to do now, registration plate to be put on retention (now worth well in excess of >£1000 apparently) :ohmy:, transfer funds, update/upgrade insurance, clean it out of the junk... :blush:

"Paperwork" is now done, given them the new metal number plates which are road legal one's and are non EU (just has the Union Jack & GB on) which they have accepted and been given the strict instruction NOT to drill them when the car arrives. 

On 11/01/2019 at 11:39, JohnLD said:

Hi

I ordered a Octavia SE 1.5 TSI DSG this week

When the dealer (Lookers) checked what he had pre ordered he had one that was due to be built week 7

Fortunately it had the to 2 extras that I wanted, electrically folding wing mirrors and a spare wheel.

My only compromise was the colour and the Quartz Grey he offered looked good on a demo car he showed me

He was expecting delivery sometime in the first 2 weeks of March

If that proves to be the case it will suit me.

John 

Had to cancel the above order as after a much longer drive in a demo car I found that the seats were causing me a back problem

So its back to a Fabia

What was interesting, and others may find of interest, is that last week I was told the car was due to be built week 7.

It now appears the car was built much earlier than expected on is now sitting on a European dock side awaiting shipping.

I seems that Skoda are clearing a backlog of Octavia orders.

John

Edited by JohnLD
Typo
  • Like 1