Delivery Timescales

1 hour ago, MrTaylor said:

At least your car has been built, I'm still waiting for a confirmed build week. I ordered my car at the beginning of May. I've been in contact with the dealership numerous times but I keep getting told it is still at status 10.

I had an email yesterday that my car may not get built until October (no actually date though), the dealer did say he would chase to get a quicker build date but I'm not holding my breath. 

The car I've ordered is a Vrs tsi dsg hatch in meteor grey with the black pack plus through Motability. 

Isn't that an interesting coincidence!!  You and I both ordered at the beginning of May, have ordered essentially the same car (vRS TSI DSG Hatch), don't have a build date and are Motability customers.  There seems a common thread here...

14 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Although I don't fully understand how they operate, both lease & motabity cars are brought by some other party & as such, another party comes between you & the dealer.

That other parties main concern is solely cost & not speed of delivery,  this is the only reason I can think of for the delays & vagueness from your dealers

I had a long conversation yesterday with Motability about my car and the delays.  They are puzzled and are going to contact Skoda direct to try to get to the bottom of the delays, get an explanation for the wildly fluctuating build weeks and to try to get the order expedited.  I hope they have better success than I've had!

Re the order process, I placed the order personally, confirmed with a £500 deposit.  This order was then live on the Skoda system on 5th May.  Once I was eligible to place a new Motability car order (31st May) the pre-existing order was then moved over to Motability.

My understanding is that it's Motability themselves who buy the car, as shown by the paperwork on my present (and first) Motability car.

They were concerned to hear that other customer orders (as detailed on this forum) placed at the same time or later than mine were being delivered whilst mine has gone back 8 weeks from the originally quoted week 32 build and remains there now.  There's no escaping the fact that my car is on target for taking 26 weeks from order to receipt.

Hi,

I am a Motability aslo.  I ordered at the end of July and was told by the dealership that my vRS TSI Combi will be ready for when my current contract ends on the 31st of October.

Saying that though I have not heard anything since, so I will chase them up today.

5 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Hi,

I am a Motability aslo.  I ordered at the end of July and was told by the dealership that my vRS TSI Combi will be ready for when my current contract ends on the 31st of October.

Saying that though I have not heard anything since, so I will chase them up today.

Hi Andy

That would be 13 weeks from order to collection.  Deduct the 4 weeks for the car to get here and PDI'd leaves 9 weeks for order to build.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you but it sounds optimistic.

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Hi Andy

That would be 13 weeks from order to collection.  Deduct the 4 weeks for the car to get here and PDI'd leaves 9 weeks for order to build.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you but it sounds optimistic.

Your right...

Well the email has gone off to the dealer.  Lets hope they get back to me soon.

I'll keep you updated.

4 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I had a long conversation yesterday with Motability about my car and the delays.  They are puzzled and are going to contact Skoda direct to try to get to the bottom of the delays, get an explanation for the wildly fluctuating build weeks and to try to get the order expedited.  I hope they have better success than I've had!

Re the order process, I placed the order personally, confirmed with a £500 deposit.  This order was then live on the Skoda system on 5th May.  Once I was eligible to place a new Motability car order (31st May) the pre-existing order was then moved over to Motability.

My understanding is that it's Motability themselves who buy the car, as shown by the paperwork on my present (and first) Motability car.

They were concerned to hear that other customer orders (as detailed on this forum) placed at the same time or later than mine were being delivered whilst mine has gone back 8 weeks from the originally quoted week 32 build and remains there now.  There's no escaping the fact that my car is on target for taking 26 weeks from order to receipt.

I'm going to contact Motability when I get home from work tonight about this, thank you for advising you have contacted them as well.

I have been emailed earlier today by the dealership to give a provisional build week of 37, but this could be pushed back again :angry:

Hello,

Just received my update from the dealer. In the form of a screenshot.

It looks to me like it is planned for week 40.  Whether this changes.....

Order Update.JPG

Edited by Andyjm2uk

Hi all, 

So I've just heard back from the dealership, my car is confirmed build week 34. This time next week it will be built, excellent news for me after starting to doubt. They said it will be ready for collection September. 

I've just got off the phone with my dealership. They have explained that the delays are due to Skoda not being able to produce the the 2.0 and 1.4 tsi engines quick enough to keep up with the demand. This applies to the Octavia and Superb.

He also told me that if I wanted to change my order to the diesel engine, he could get me one almost instantly. 

He also advised me that there is another order (on pcp, not Motability) that is in the same position as me (but ordered a few days before me), and that they have been chasing the factory and submitting forms to attempt to speed things, but to no avail.

I have asked him if there was any sort of compensation that could be given due to the excessive delay in getting the car, he will be having a meeting in Monday about this.

13 hours ago, MrTaylor said:

I've just got off the phone with my dealership. They have explained that the delays are due to Skoda not being able to produce the the 2.0 and 1.4 tsi engines quick enough to keep up with the demand. This applies to the Octavia and Superb.

He also told me that if I wanted to change my order to the diesel engine, he could get me one almost instantly. 

He also advised me that there is another order (on pcp, not Motability) that is in the same position as me (but ordered a few days before me), and that they have been chasing the factory and submitting forms to attempt to speed things, but to no avail.

I have asked him if there was any sort of compensation that could be given due to the excessive delay in getting the car, he will be having a meeting in Monday about this.

Interesting, thanks!

The bit I don't get is there are some people getting their TSI 2.0 petrol engined vRS's within around 4 months and in some cases less,  yet mine is currently timetabled to be taking 26 weeks!!  A fair playing field for all based upon order date is how things should work.  Mine was week 40 2 weeks ago, week 37 last week and back to week 40 this week!  Let's hope that yours remains at week 37.

I would be grateful if you let me know the outcome of your request about compensation. I must admit to being hacked off when the AP dropped from £1995 to £1695, saving £300 which we have lost out on due to ordering our cars early.  Didn't do us much good, did it :sadsmile:.

22 hours ago, Andyjm2uk said:

15 hours ago, Andyjm2uk said:

It looks to me like it is planned for week 40.  Whether this changes.....

It looks like there's a good chance that you will get your car at the end of October then Andy, three months from placing your order.  Let's hope the BW doesn't slip.  I would love to have an explanation as to why mine, on current dates, is taking an additional 12 weeks!!

15 hours ago, RyanH said:

Hi all, 

So I've just heard back from the dealership, my car is confirmed build week 34. This time next week it will be built, excellent news for me after starting to doubt. They said it will be ready for collection September. 

That's great news, Ryan!

So you ordered 23rd June, the end of week 25 and your car is being built week 34, 9 weeks from order.  I would love to have an explanation as to why mine, on current dates, is taking an additional 13 weeks!!

Yeah I ordered it 23 June, they said at the time it would be 12/14 weeks, which as it turns out will be bang on. I feel your frustration though, you'd think all orders would be around the same timescale. 

Hello everybody, been following this forum for some time now and decided to join. I am one of those waiting for new Octavia VRS TDI FL delivery. The car was ordered on 3rd of July and ever since then it has been scheduled for build week 45 (6th of November). From entries in this forum I believe this should lead to late December delivery.

The car is Moon white metallic VRS TDI DSG FL Octavia. From extras offered by Croatian dealers I added sunroof, intelligent light assistant, front assistant, Canton sound system, performance drive profile selection, black pack, 18'' Gemini wheels, heated front seats, park assist with rear camera and Amundsen unit.  

My dealer called me other day saying that they emailed factory with inquiry for possibility of moving my order to bw 40 but so far no reply. Hence, I am in same situation like most of you here, waiting for Christmas delivery almost half a year since delivery. 

3 hours ago, Catchyk said:

Count yourselfs lucky, I ordered a 1.0tsi combi on the 08Jun17 and build week is 49, waiting on reply from skoda, not a happy bunny at all :(

Jeez!!  That's longer than mine.  It must be some sort of mistake, surely.

2 hours ago, crovrs said:

Hello everybody, been following this forum for some time now and decided to join. I am one of those waiting for new Octavia VRS TDI FL delivery. The car was ordered on 3rd of July and ever since then it has been scheduled for build week 45 (6th of November). From entries in this forum I believe this should lead to late December delivery.

The car is Moon white metallic VRS TDI DSG FL Octavia. From extras offered by Croatian dealers I added sunroof, intelligent light assistant, front assistant, Canton sound system, performance drive profile selection, black pack, 18'' Gemini wheels, heated front seats, park assist with rear camera and Amundsen unit.  

My dealer called me other day saying that they emailed factory with inquiry for possibility of moving my order to bw 40 but so far no reply. Hence, I am in same situation like most of you here, waiting for Christmas delivery almost half a year since delivery. 

So 18 weeks from order to estimated build.  The only common item we share is the sunroof.  I still wonder if this might be the item holding up our cars.

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Jeez!!  That's longer than mine.  It must be some sort of mistake, surely.

Seemingly not, dealer is onto Skoda as not happy with time line, seems to be issue with the petrol engines, friend ordered same day and only difference is his is diesel being built next week, will see what Skoda come back with, this our 10th Skoda but could be our last if it carries on like this, Hope your car comes soon :)

• Thanks 1

I am not sure that engine type makes a difference. Here on forum we hear experiences of various members waiting for either petrol or diesel. All are being given the same explanation that long waiting lines are on that specific type of engine. Having googled a bit I noticed that this is not first time for Skoda to run into such problems. Over past years buyers in several markets complained for waiting of up to nine months and Skoda had to increase production of cars at its plants. Here is article from 2015 and there are more similar examples if one looks further in the past. 

Link

Edited by crovrs

12 hours ago, crovrs said:

I am not sure that engine type makes a difference. Here on forum we hear experiences of various members waiting for either petrol or diesel. All are being given the same explanation that long waiting lines are on that specific type of engine. Having googled a bit I noticed that this is not first time for Skoda to run into such problems. Over past years buyers in several markets complained for waiting of up to nine months and Skoda had to increase production of cars at its plants. Here is article from 2015 and there are more similar examples if one looks further in the past. 

Link

Hi

My main gripe is the fact that others have ordered the same car with the same engine with dsg and either have their cars or are due to collect them very soon.  If there's a delay then it should apply equally across the board, surely.  How can Ryan's car, as an example, (a few posts above) be build after 9 weeks whilst mine's taking 22?  A little bit of variation is fair enough, an additional 13 weeks extra is not.

3 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Hi

My main gripe is the fact that others have ordered the same car with the same engine with dsg and either have their cars or are due to collect them very soon.  If there's a delay then it should apply equally across the board, surely.  How can Ryan's car, as an example, (a few posts above) be build after 9 weeks whilst mine's taking 22?  A little bit of variation is fair enough, an additional 13 weeks extra is not.

I agree with you. I was initially told 90-120 days from order to delivery. It turns out now that more than 130 days is until build week only. Maybe it has to do something with specs we ordered. The truth is out there, I guess :) 

I imagine the differences in lead times are due to component supply issues. There probably is a bit of an issue with petrol v diesel, but in these days of "Just In Time" deliveries of components more people ordering leather seats or a panoramic sunroof than expected could be causing problems with lead times.

As the FL has many "new" components I guess supply issues are more likely than later in the model lifecycle.

Skoda must try to forecast sales of each trim level and option and after building in some margin for error order components from suppliers accordingly, who then plan their production in turn.  

In an ideal world from the consumers point of view  both Skoda and their suppliers would have warehouses full of parts to fully cover orders differing wildly from forecasts, but that would cost both for the the storage itself and the potential waste of being left with obsolete parts.

So its a precarious balance, you can guarantee delivery lead time but have to charge more for the product, or have delays in being able to supply. Both are going to potentially lose you customers of course.

Some of the lead times are crazy in this thread, but my understanding is that the BW provided after about a month is usually pretty close. If after a month I was told I was looking at a six month lead time I think I'd have been looking at getting my deposit back. 

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

Some of the lead times are crazy in this thread, but my understanding is that the BW provided after about a month is usually pretty close. If after a month I was told I was looking at a six month lead time I think I'd have been looking at getting my deposit back. 

Hi Juan

After a month I was told my car was at BW 35, 17 weeks from order.  I was told that the normal build time was 14 weeks and that, as my order to build time encompassed the factory shutdown, an additional 3 weeks was normal. 14+3=17.  I was also given the impression that my build would very likely move forward towards the original BW date I was given, week 32.

If anyone had told me that I could have another 5 months to wait I would have cancelled my order like a shot.  Unfortunately I was given no inkling that that could happen nor have I been given any explanation whatsoever for the excessive delay.  I'm now 16 weeks in from order and to cancel now and go to the back of the queue with another manufacturer would give me an even longer wait.

Skoda Customer Services have not assisted me in any way.  They tell me that they have spoken to Retail Sales Support who say nothing can be done.  Very sorry etc.  I still have no idea when my car will be built.  The only satisfaction I can see is in never placing another order with Skoda.  It's definitely the worst mess around and p**s poor communication I've come across in thirty odd years of ordering new cars.  Maybe I've just been lucky in the past...

Edited by peterhardy

18 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

If anyone had told me that I could have another 5 months to wait I would have cancelled my order like a shot.  Unfortunately I was given no inkling that that could happen nor have I been given any explanation whatsoever for the excessive delay.  I'm now 16 weeks in from order and to cancel now and go to the back of the queue with another manufacturer would give me an even longer wait.

Your case sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I take your point about joining the back of another queue, but  I think my approach would be to say to the dealer that the situation is unacceptable and you are minded to cancel the order unless they can do something for you for your inconvenience.  Didn't I read somewhere that loan cars may be available for seriously late orders?

Appreciate all you want is the car you ordered in a reasonable timescale, but assuming that isn't now going to happen how can Skoda/the dealer  make that situation a bit better?