Delivery Timescales

On 01/08/2017 at 12:19, RyanH said:

I checked with dealer yesterday, mines still on for build week 34. It's not confirmed, just hoping it stays the same, I ordered 23rd June. 

Hi.  Is this for the car on your profile?

1 hour ago, djkarlos said:
5 hours ago, djkarlos said:

I got an email yesterday from my dealer informing me that my build week is now first week of September. My original build week was 37, so looks like it has reduced by 1 week to 36. I ordered on 19th June

I should add that this is a vRS TSI 230

Thanks for this, djkarlos.  So if I understand correctly, you ordered at the start of week 25 and now have a build week of 36.  11 weeks from order to build compared to my current 19 weeks for the same.

I wonder if the sunroof I've specced could be a factor in my long timescale?  There has to be some reason for the delay with my car.  If this is the case, it would have been nice if someone had called and told me this and gave me the option to alter my order to get the car faster.  I've waited 13 weeks so far and still have another 6 to go, based on the latest info I have.  I really would love to know why.

My gut says it could indeed be that. It is presumably a different bodyshell they need and I'd be surprised if they kept as many of those stocked as the normal shells. They might also do a brief run of the panoramic roof cars rather than mixing them in with the normal body shell?

13 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Thanks for this, djkarlos.  So if I understand correctly, you ordered at the start of week 25 and now have a build week of 36.  11 weeks from order to build compared to my current 19 weeks for the same.

I wonder if the sunroof I've specced could be a factor in my long timescale?  There has to be some reason for the delay with my car.  If this is the case, it would have been nice if someone had called and told me this and gave me the option to alter my order to get the car faster.  I've waited 13 weeks so far and still have another 6 to go, based on the latest info I have.  I really would love to know why.

Mine is

vRS TSI 230 hatch

Corrida Red

DCC

Black pack

Winter pack

Front parking sensors

Space saver spare

I can't imagine that a sunroof would make a difference, I imagine they just throw all the orders in the air and whatever order they pick them up is the order they do them!

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I can't imagine that a sunroof would make a difference, I imagine they just throw all the orders in the air and whatever order they pick them up is the order they do them!

I also don't think it is the sunroof, my order is just as long and I haven't got the sunroof option.

Unfortunately I think you might be right @djkarlos

7 hours ago, spinnaker said:

My gut says it could indeed be that. It is presumably a different bodyshell they need and I'd be surprised if they kept as many of those stocked as the normal shells. They might also do a brief run of the panoramic roof cars rather than mixing them in with the normal body shell?

Good point about a different bodyshell.  Could be the answer!

7 hours ago, djkarlos said:

Or it could be that djkarlos has hit the nail on the head :biggrin:.

3 hours ago, RyanH said:

Hi yes it is for that car. Vrs estate dsg petrol. 

Thanks for replying, Ryan.  Fingers crossed yours stays at week 34.  You never know, mine may end up being built then too :blink:.

10 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Good point about a different bodyshell.  Could be the answer!

Or it could be that djkarlos has hit the nail on the head :biggrin:.

Thanks for replying, Ryan.  Fingers crossed yours stays at week 34.  You never know, mine may end up being built then too :blink:.

No probs, let's hope they both get built week 34, it's an exciting but long wait!!! Definitely worth it when delivery day arrives. 

I've been to the dealers today to sign the leasing paperwork and checked the BW again. Still 34. Very unlikely 33 will get confirmed, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 34 to happen :) I've discussed that we're off for holidays on 8th September and they said there is a slim chance the car will be there on time. I hope for it, but I've already convinced my mind it's just ok to go with the old buddy there.

Do the dealerships just have access to a system which queries the order with the Skoda factory to get the planned build week? I ordered through a lease company and they are working with a Skoda dealership direct.

Have just been given a provisional build week 34 (ordered 11July) and for a 1.4 TSI as well. This would probably be a late September delivery. I can't believe it!!

Just now, vade said:

Have just been given a provisional build week 34 (ordered 11July) and for a 1.4 TSI as well. This would probably be a late September delivery. I can't believe it!!

That seems very quick - I order 4 days after you and am currently at BW 42. 4 days difference shouldn't mean a extra 2 months delay...

51 minutes ago, vrsMunkee said:

That seems very quick - I order 4 days after you and am currently at BW 42. 4 days difference shouldn't mean a extra 2 months delay...

Depends of the dealer has any "stock orders" already in place or it could be as simple as his ordered arrived in the system just after a cancellation.

Dunno which but, **** happens. It don't make sense & life's not fair but, it is what it is & we are where we are

7 hours ago, Mati said:

BW34 confirmed as of today! I was truly hoping for BW33, but heck, it's soothing to know the date is confirmed now.

Good news Mati!  As you say, at least you now have a confirmed build week.

I had my weekly call from Skoda earlier today.  Mine is still stuck at build week 37, 19 weeks from my order being placed.  Allegedly, my car is officially late when the order to build hits the 18 week point.  I don't know if this means that a call is put in to International Rescue :biggrin: or if it's meaningless.  Hopefully I won't find out...

I ordered an Ocatvia vRS on the 22nd July and currently they are saying unconfirmed BW3 next year!

Went for Quartz grey with DSG only thing i can think that would delay it would be that color as i am yet to see a facelift vRS in that grey color :sadsmile:

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Good news Mati!  As you say, at least you now have a confirmed build week.

I had my weekly call from Skoda earlier today.  Mine is still stuck at build week 37, 19 weeks from my order being placed.  Allegedly, my car is officially late when the order to build hits the 18 week point.  I don't know if this means that a call is put in to International Rescue :biggrin: or if it's meaningless.  Hopefully I won't find out...

Offically late, means you can get a loaner car from Skoda after 18 weeks

1 hour ago, Liambobson said:

I ordered an Ocatvia vRS on the 22nd July and currently they are saying unconfirmed BW3 next year!

Went for Quartz grey with DSG only thing i can think that would delay it would be that color as i am yet to see a facelift vRS in that grey color :sadsmile:

I think that this date will come forward quite a bit.  Fingers crossed for you!

22 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Offically late, means you can get a loaner car from Skoda after 18 weeks

Interesting!  Thanks for this.  As my current car is a Motability car, they extend my existing lease until my new car is ready to collect.  I can imagine that, in other circumstances, this loaner offer would be very beneficial.  If they were to offer me a Superb 280 4x4 however, it would be churlish of me to refuse :D.

Evening, so I've been in touch with the dealer to see if my build week 34 is confirmed yet, as it's only a week away come this Monday. Not heard back from them as of yet, see if I here from them over the weekend. Has anyone else on build34 been confirmed recently???

Cheers. 

On 12/08/2017 at 18:50, RyanH said:

Evening, so I've been in touch with the dealer to see if my build week 34 is confirmed yet, as it's only a week away come this Monday. Not heard back from them as of yet, see if I here from them over the weekend. Has anyone else on build34 been confirmed recently???

Cheers. 

Confirmed in July for me ....BW34

• Like 1