Delivery Timescales

34 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Which I believe will cost them sales in the long run.  It doesn't matter how good the car is if the customer service 'post order' sucks.  To me, it doesn't matter how good the vRS is, I won't order with Skoda again.  My attitude is, jerk me around once and you're done, and I don't think I'm alone in having this attitude.  There are loads of other choices out there...

You could be right, but I reckon a lot of people quickly forget the ordering delays when they get their new cars and (hopefully) get years of solid performance. By the time they need the need next car the memories of delays years previous have probably faded a bit.

56 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

Which I believe will cost them sales in the long run.  It doesn't matter how good the car is if the customer service 'post order' sucks.  To me, it doesn't matter how good the vRS is, I won't order with Skoda again.  My attitude is, jerk me around once and you're done, and I don't think I'm alone in having this attitude.  There are loads of other choices out there...

Agree. My current gtd is great. But my local Vw took 7 visits to fix a engine light.. so don't really want to visit them for future work, and no other dealers close by. It's the dealers not the cars. Plus I wanted something bigger. 

26 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

You could be right, but I reckon a lot of people quickly forget the ordering delays when they get their new cars and (hopefully) get years of solid performance. By the time they need the need next car the memories of delays years previous have probably faded a bit.

Totally agree. The vast majority must because otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't do it.  I suppose it's like the treatment we all get for loyalty from car insurance, house insurance, gas and elecy etc etc at renewal times :biggrin:.

11 minutes ago, Draxs77 said:

Agree. My current gtd is great. But my local Vw took 7 visits to fix a engine light.. so don't really want to visit them for future work, and no other dealers close by. It's the dealers not the cars. Plus I wanted something bigger. 

7 visits - crikey!  Must admit I gave a lot of thought to the GTD when the Motability advance payment was £1500 in auto form.  Not so much when it shot up to £2500 overnight!!  Same as you though, at the end of the day I needed something bigger really.

3 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

7 visits - crikey!  Must admit I gave a lot of thought to the GTD when the Motability advance payment was £1500 in auto form.  Not so much when it shot up to £2500 overnight!!  Same as you though, at the end of the day I needed something bigger really.

Great car, a lot of fun. 

3 minutes ago, Draxs77 said:

Great car, a lot of fun. 

I have the BMW 120D currently so quite a similar package.  The BMW is rear wheel drive though which is great in the summer but hopeless in snow.

Hi, ordered a VRS 245 manual two weeks back and have just been informed BW is 45 with delivery to me 47/48. I calculate this as 17 weeks from my order placement.... somewhat over the 12-14 weeks I was initially quoted. I'm not happy about the wait... but nothing we can do about it. This is my second VRS as the first was great... I just wanted more....

18 minutes ago, NJN1000 said:

Hi, ordered a VRS 245 manual two weeks back and have just been informed BW is 45 with delivery to me 47/48. I calculate this as 17 weeks from my order placement.... somewhat over the 12-14 weeks I was initially quoted. I'm not happy about the wait... but nothing we can do about it. This is my second VRS as the first was great... I just wanted more....

2 weeks back was build week 33 (we're at the end of 35 now) so if they're quoting BW 45, that's 12 weeks from order.  Add 3 weeks as quoted for delivery to you (week 48) is 15 weeks in total so only slightly over your quote of 12-14 weeks.  Wish mine was that slow :D.

Just now, Andyjm2uk said:

HA...

Thats only a separate thread...

I'm thinking a  whole seperate forum, not sullied by us mere mortals  :)

Good idea I like it. :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Good idea I like it. :D

Yes, let the mere mortals have their own forum :) ... a 245 forum has a certain ring to it...:cool:... of course after the Revo Technik upgrades it goes to VRS 410 :) ... Super Smug Club :) 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DTS said:

Ok, ordered Vrs 230 15/6/17 had a call from dealer at 5.45 pm vehicle will be with them latest  5/9/17, right on time  very pleased 

That's fast!  Mine ordered 05/05/17, 6 weeks earlier and not due to be even built until W/C 18/09/17.  Told it should be at the dealers, PDI'd and ready for hand over by mid Oct.  Pleased for you but massively ****ed off for me :angry:.  I bet yours isn't a Motability order like mine....

Picking mine up Saturday. 13 weeks from order to collection, when I was warned of a possible 16-20 week wait at the point of ordering.

Clearly that is how it should be done, lowering expectations and then exceeding them.  

Edited by juan27

7 hours ago, MrTaylor said:

I've just had confirmation from the dealership that my car is at Status 20 and will be built at week 37, which I believe is next week :)

I'm really pleased for you!!  That's 19 weeks, isn't it Laurie?