Delivery Timescales

Waiting for another call tomorrow (Wednesday 16th Aug) on mine.  Currently build week 37, ordered on 05/05/17 (week 18).  Hopefully I'll get some good news, or maybe not....

Hmmm. Got an email from my dealer who has now told me my car is still unconfirmed but predicted build week has increased by 3 weeks to BW39. So what was looking like a beginning of October delivery is now end of October. Dealer did say that it is constantly fluctuating so hopeful it will change again and be closer. 

My order is now confirmed to getting built next week (week 34). This must have been asked before. How long does it actually take for the cars to be built in the factory start to finish? I presume more than  a few days because the painted shell needs to dry before everything is bolted together?

Right.  I'm really starting to get annoyed here!! :angry:

I've just had my call for this week from Skoda Customer Services.  My car is now BACK to a week 40 build!!  That's 22 weeks from order for a vRS TSI saloon, Race Blue, Black Pack, Black Cornering Fogs and Sunroof.

To recap I've had build weeks of 32, 37, 35, 36, 38, 40, 37 and now 40 again.

It seems that there's nothing that can be done.  Nobody else I can complain to.  Lots of hand wringing and sorrys but that's it.

If I'd had any clue that I would have this palaver I would have run a mile.  15 weeks on from my car order and I still have no clue when my car will be built, never mind delivered!  The only thing I'm certain of is that this is the first and last Skoda I will ever have.  This is my thirteenth new car and I've never experienced anything like it from any other manufacturer.

Does anyone have any ideas re anything I can do (of a sensible and anatomically possible nature :biggrin:).  Cheers!

According to the website my build week 34 is now confirmed. (Ordered 11 July) I shall follow progress with interest. YMe - I wish I had known that the 1.5 TSI was now available!!

37 minutes ago, vade said:

According to the website my build week 34 is now confirmed. (Ordered 11 July) I shall follow progress with interest. YMe - I wish I had known that the 1.5 TSI was now available!!

The website?

I've seen the trackmyskoda website and it says it's only for cars ordered through that dealership group. So I guess it references a glorified excel spreadsheet that they keep up to date as they get information, rather than everyone.

Does anyone have an SLI number to actually put into the site? Just typing random numbers into the box seems to give the " Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date." message

I've still had no confirmation on my build week, it's been on 34 from two weeks after ordering, rung and emailed to try find out last week,heard nothing back, so I've emailed them again today so will see if I here back from them tommorow. I'm getting the feeling it's been moved backwards a weeks. Will be a poor do if it's not getting built next week. Either way I need to find out what's happening in the morning. 

33 minutes ago, RyanH said:

I've still had no confirmation on my build week, it's been on 34 from two weeks after ordering, rung and emailed to try find out last week,heard nothing back, so I've emailed them again today so will see if I here back from them tommorow. I'm getting the feeling it's been moved backwards a weeks. Will be a poor do if it's not getting built next week. Either way I need to find out what's happening in the morning. 

Hi Ryan

My understanding is that your car should have gone to status 20 (build locked) 2 weeks before build, i.e. at wk 32 for a wk34 build.  It's not good service if the dealer isn't responding to your queries and keeping you posted.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hi, thanks for that info, didn't realise that, I'll call them in the morning and get the status confirmed. They've been really good on updates previously, just hope their not fobbing me off because it's not getting built next week. 

9 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

4 weeks factory to collection

Dealer is aving a giraffe

At least your car has been built, I'm still waiting for a confirmed build week. I ordered my car at the beginning of May. I've been in contact with the dealership numerous times but I keep getting told it is still at status 10.

I had an email yesterday that my car may not get built until October (no actually date though), the dealer did say he would chase to get a quicker build date but I'm not holding my breath. 

The car I've ordered is a Vrs tsi dsg hatch in meteor grey with the black pack plus through Motability. 

Edited by MrTaylor

Although I don't fully understand how they operate, both lease & motabity cars are brought by some other party & as such, another party comes between you & the dealer.

That other parties main concern is solely cost & not speed of delivery,  this is the only reason I can think of for the delays & vagueness from your dealers