Delivery Timescales

34 minutes ago, Deeejay1054 said:

Yeah alcantra is extra £800 i believe... standard is just fabric with red or white stitching free. Standard also has suede sides on the seat though as free :-)

Silver or red, the red can fade with sunlight 

32 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Plus mandatory heated front seats IIRC!

Which are electric & 3 settings of memory on separate keys

Right :wall:

Here's a summary of the response from the Executive Office re my complaint to the MD about the delays with my car.  They've just finally managed to get in touch from last Thursday lunchtime...

Alledgedly my car is not late.  The wait time build to order is set at 20 weeks by Skoda.  My car is now build locked and is being built in week 38, 3 weeks time, 20 weeks order to build so therefore perfectly acceptable.  It's the Dealers fault for giving me wrong info :dry:.

I replied that the dates supplied by the dealer were generated by the ordering system, not invented and that I saw with my own eyes my car with BW32 a week after order.  No response to that.

I detailed my first complaint in June and my being told by Skoda Customer Services that 14 weeks was the normal order to build time, add the factory closure on to get to a total of 17 weeks.  Apparently this was wrong and I shouldn't have been told that.

I detailed my renewal of the complaint end of July and my ongoing discussions with Skoda Customer Services who agreed that my car would be 'officially late' after 17 weeks.  Yes, you've guessed it... this was wrong too and I shouldn't have been told that.

I should also have been told that I could in fact escalate my complaint to the Executive Office if I wasn't happy.  I have asked repeatedly about escalation and have been told there's no means to, by at least three customer service staff at Skoda.

There was no attempt to answer any of the issues I raised in my email so I have asked that they be responded to in writing, along with written confirmation of my build week.

So, be aware boys and girls that Skoda reckon 20 weeks is perfectly acceptable to build your car.  I would love to hear from anyone who has ordered the same car as I, FL vRS TSI DSG Saloon, and who has waited 20 weeks or more for it to be built.

The only satisfaction I got was in letting her know, politely, that this is my first and last Skoda order.  I don't like being fibbed to and messed about so there's no chance I would give Skoda the opportunity to do it twice.  I can't abide bad service so the only way to make the point is not to give them my money again.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

So @peterhardy you'll have the car early October, then you'll find out whether the wait was worth it, I got a friendly five says by christmas you'll say it WAS worth the wait

I spent a great deal of time in chosing the right car for us with the right mix of speed, space, design and comfort.  The shortlist was two cars, both from Skoda.  The other possibility was the Superb in SE-L Exec spec, which very nearly got the nod.  There's no doubt in my mind that this is the right car and that your £5 bet is a safe bet :biggrin:.  Appreciate the post, cheers!

3 hours ago, peterhardy said:

I spent a great deal of time in chosing the right car for us with the right mix of speed, space, design and comfort.  The shortlist was two cars, both from Skoda.  The other possibility was the Superb in SE-L Exec spec, which very nearly got the nod.  There's no doubt in my mind that this is the right car and that your £5 bet is a safe bet :biggrin:.  Appreciate the post, cheers!

I'm sure I'll be in love with our car when it gets here, and I hope Peter will be to after his prolonged wait. Having said that, I am fully with Peter on this one. Working in the business where you often can't reliably declare the timeline to keep because of lots of changing circumstances during the wait, I have lots of sympathy to sliding time windows. But I don't - and I totally understand Peter - and will never understand being mocked regarding the time. One thing is to say "we have no freakin' idea when your car will be built" or "it will take 8 months to get it" - it's all perfectly fine. Whole another is being blatantly told 12 weeks is the expected delivery date and then misleading, changing scenarios and avoiding any responsibility. If it was the case with my customers, I would most likely already be in court with them having not a slim chance to win, having the deadline declared beforehand and not delivered at all.

I, of course, understand that ordering a car is a complex matter and factory has bottlenecks. I really don't have a problem with long wait. What I have problem with is planning the purchase after a tedious and meticulous research with multiple dealers how long the wait will be just to have all plans shattered by the reality and not even getting a decent response from the dealer, the customer service and then even the management. The response stating that all previous answers were wrong is plain absurd and there is no other word to describe it.

So, @peterhardy, I keep my fingers crossed you'll get yours soon and love it deeply!

But, just like you, I very much doubt my next car will be a Skoda, just for this very reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peterhardy said:

So, be aware boys and girls that Skoda reckon 20 weeks is perfectly acceptable to build your car.  I would love to hear from anyone who has ordered the same car as I, FL vRS TSI DSG Saloon, and who has waited 20 weeks or more for it to be built

Whilst I haven't had a 20 week wait l have to say my dealer did tell me on ordering that it was a possibility. They also don't like giving out the projected BW until about 4 weeks in which seemed harsh at the time, but in the long run my expectations have been well managed.

Edited by juan27

8 hours ago, Mati said:

I'm sure I'll be in love with our car when it gets here, and I hope Peter will be to after his prolonged wait. Having said that, I am fully with Peter on this one. Working in the business where you often can't reliably declare the timeline to keep because of lots of changing circumstances during the wait, I have lots of sympathy to sliding time windows. But I don't - and I totally understand Peter - and will never understand being mocked regarding the time. One thing is to say "we have no freakin' idea when your car will be built" or "it will take 8 months to get it" - it's all perfectly fine. Whole another is being blatantly told 12 weeks is the expected delivery date and then misleading, changing scenarios and avoiding any responsibility. If it was the case with my customers, I would most likely already be in court with them having not a slim chance to win, having the deadline declared beforehand and not delivered at all.

I, of course, understand that ordering a car is a complex matter and factory has bottlenecks. I really don't have a problem with long wait. What I have problem with is planning the purchase after a tedious and meticulous research with multiple dealers how long the wait will be just to have all plans shattered by the reality and not even getting a decent response from the dealer, the customer service and then even the management. The response stating that all previous answers were wrong is plain absurd and there is no other word to describe it.

So, @peterhardy, I keep my fingers crossed you'll get yours soon and love it deeply!

But, just like you, I very much doubt my next car will be a Skoda, just for this very reason.

Thanks Mati.  You have summed things up nicely there.  It's a shame that Skoda don't seem to understand that this sort of behaviour will cost them future sales, both from existing buyers like us to potential customers put off by reading this sort of forum topic.

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Whilst I haven't had a 20 week wait l have to say my dealer did tell me on ordering that it was a possibility. They also don't like giving out the projected BW until about 4 weeks in which seemed harsh at the time, but in the long run my expectations have been well managed.

Hi Juan

Sounds like you were given more accurate information.  I was told 14 weeks which was backed up by the initial BW32.  There was no mention made of the factory closure adding 3 weeks on although I would have expected the order system to automatically extend the BW to allow for this annual event.  Nobody from Skoda has ever mentioned 20 weeks until my call from the Executive Office yesterday.

My main gripe is, and always was, that posters on this thread have waited as little as 9 weeks and nobody has waited anywhere near 20 weeks.  As I stated earlier, I would like to hear from anyone who has waited as long for the same car.  MrTaylor is also a Moability customer and, last I heard, was in the same boat as me.  Purely a coincidence, I'm sure...

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Sounds like you were given more accurate information. 

Yes, but I'm sure your dealer was aware that 14 weeks was probably the best possible lead time and that an extended lead time was fairly likely.

The salesperson has a choice I guess, give an honest appraisal of the situation and risk the customer walking away at the ordering stage, or give them the standard 12-14 weeks answer and deal with the fallout in a minority of cases like yours a month into the process when the actual BW  starts to crystalise.    Of course at that point they can just say its out of their control and blame the factory.  

Cynically the latter may well get more people signing on the dotted line, and car salespeople probably aren't looking beyond this months sales target and certainly aren't that bothered what you are going to buy in two or three years time when they've probably moved jobs to another brand's dealership.  

Skoda UK should be concerned about the potential damage to their reputation and should be taking steps to ensure the dealers are giving an honest appraisal of delivery times, but if in the end the dealer says "With a fair wind 14 weeks, but could be longer" rather than "We've had some taking 20 weeks but many are quicker"  there isn't much they can do I guess. 

Granted it is extremely frustrating that you appear to have had no explanation why your order has taken so long, but I suspect Skoda UK genuinely don't know.

I was told to expect 18 weeks from order which in my naivety I accepted. That would have meant delivery mid November. To my surprise car is now at port awaiting shipping so yours is probably there as well Juan 27. This will probably mean delivery by mid Sept.

5 minutes ago, vade said:

I was told to expect 18 weeks from order which in my naivety I accepted. That would have meant delivery mid November. To my surprise car is now at port awaiting shipping so yours is probably there as well Juan 27. This will probably mean delivery by mid Sept.

When did you order.. 

On 18/08/2017 at 07:30, MrTaylor said:

At least your car has been built, I'm still waiting for a confirmed build week. I ordered my car at the beginning of May. I've been in contact with the dealership numerous times but I keep getting told it is still at status 10.

I had an email yesterday that my car may not get built until October (no actually date though), the dealer did say he would chase to get a quicker build date but I'm not holding my breath. 

The car I've ordered is a Vrs tsi dsg hatch in meteor grey with the black pack plus through Motability. 

On 18/08/2017 at 13:51, MrTaylor said:

I'm going to contact Motability when I get home from work tonight about this, thank you for advising you have contacted them as well.

I have been emailed earlier today by the dealership to give a provisional build week of 37, but this could be pushed back again :angry:

On 25/08/2017 at 13:53, MrTaylor said:

I've just had confirmation from the dealership that my car will be built at week 37. I really hope this doesn't change.

Would I be correct in thinking its build week 35 currently or is that next week?

Hi

Has your car moved to status 20 then and is  100% confirmed for a week 37 build?  As you can see from more recent posts, mine's locked and confirmed for BW38.  I've emailed the Executive Office back today and quote part of my response below:

"My honestly held belief is that Motability’s standard practice of extending customer’s existing leases when cars are late, is a large factor here.  There’s no real pressure to supply a car to the agreed timescales if the manufacturer knows that the customer will be kept mobile regardless and at no cost to them.  I think that retail orders are given priority and Motability customers get pushed back.  This seems to tally with 2 other forum members who are in a similar boat to me  and who are also Motability customers.  I have asked other forum members to let me know if they have waited as long as I have for the same vRS model, engine and DSG gearbox.  I am still waiting for someone to tell me they have.  I think manufacturers often forget that the Motability customer still makes a quite significant financial contribution to their car.  In my case a £2970 advance payment and £9048 over the 3 year lease, a total of £12,018.  I think this entitles my order to an equal consideration as any other."

Fingers crossed for you for week 37!

Peter.

Edited by peterhardy

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Hi

Has your car moved to status 20 then and is  100% confirmed for a week 37 build?  As you can see from more recent posts, mine's locked and confirmed for BW38.  I've emailed the Executive Office back today and quote part of my response below:

"My honestly held belief is that Motability’s standard practice of extending customer’s existing leases when cars are late, is a large factor here.  There’s no real pressure to supply a car to the agreed timescales if the manufacturer knows that the customer will be kept mobile regardless and at no cost to them.  I think that retail orders are given priority and Motability customers get pushed back.  This seems to tally with 2 other forum members who are in a similar boat to me  and who are also Motability customers.  I have asked other forum members to let me know if they have waited as long as I have for the same vRS model, engine and DSG gearbox.  I am still waiting for someone to tell me they have.  I think manufacturers often forget that the Motability customer still makes a quite significant financial contribution to their car.  In my case a £2970 advance payment and £9048 over the 3 year lease, a total of £12,018.  I think this entitles my order to an equal consideration as any other."

Fingers crossed for you for week 37!

Peter.

Hi Peter

I got a text from the dealer to advise that my build week is still 37, but not been confirmed as "Status 20" just yet. I'm trying to be optimistic about the car being built in two weeks time, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have really enjoyed being a Skoda driver and am certain that I will enjoy the Vrs when it eventually arrives but when it comes time to change the car again I'm not sure I'm going to choose another Skoda after the delays (I may have completely forgotten about this in three years but not likely).

I'm glad your build is on track for bw38 still, and I hope you get a response from Skoda

Laurie

Bad news is that Skoda are not alone in making & breaking promises.

Recent news items involving  Vauxhall [ Zafira catching fire] & VW [ no emmissions cheat ] they have their heads in the sand that the problem does not exist, so it appears Motor maufacturers in general are a law unto themselves they make the rules up as they go along, wont put anything in writing so they can deny anything ever said.

I hope you get your car.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2017 at 21:22, Birdbrainuk said:

Placed my order for a SE 1.4 tsi basic blue with towbar on Saturday.

I was told by the dealer probably end september. Having read this thread this looks like a pipe dream (9 weeks).

Anybody placed a recent order and got a build week.

Got a call today from my dealer to say my car was locked in to build week 36.

Even after changing the colour that's still only 6/7 weeks from order to build

Still think end of September will be tight but looking close.

My sympathy goes out to those still waiting. I can't understand Skoda's order priority. I had convinced myself of a late November delivery.

Can anyone tell me where you are tracking the ships?

11 hours ago, MrTaylor said:

Hi Peter

I got a text from the dealer to advise that my build week is still 37, but not been confirmed as "Status 20" just yet. I'm trying to be optimistic about the car being built in two weeks time, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have really enjoyed being a Skoda driver and am certain that I will enjoy the Vrs when it eventually arrives but when it comes time to change the car again I'm not sure I'm going to choose another Skoda after the delays (I may have completely forgotten about this in three years but not likely).

I'm glad your build is on track for bw38 still, and I hope you get a response from Skoda

Laurie

Hi Laurie

When I emailed my Dealer on 29th August he confirmed what I'd been told.  He said "I've been told by Skoda that the car has a confirmed build week of 38 however, my system doesn't say confirmed yet. Build week 38 is the week starting 18th Sept".  Let's hope yours is the same as mine; build locked (status 20) but not showing as such on the system.  I don't know how this can happen but I have this BW in writing from Skoda so hopefully I can rely on it.

Totally agree with your comments about choosing another Skoda.  In my email to the Executive Office I also said

"It's unfortunate that my first experience as a Skoda customer have been so difficult and negative.  I spent a great deal of time in choosing the correct car for us and I had a shortlist of two, both Skoda’s, the vRS and the Superb in SEL-Exec spec.  I decided to go for the vRS now and believed that the Superb would be a very strong contender for my next lease.  Once bitten twice shy, so I won’t be giving Skoda an order again, which is a shame really.  The cars are great but the order system and customer service are pants."

I will update this thread when I hear anything.  Cheers!

Peter.

8 hours ago, Birdbrainuk said:

Got a call today from my dealer to say my car was locked in to build week 36.

Even after changing the colour that's still only 6/7 weeks from order to build

Still think end of September will be tight but looking close.

My sympathy goes out to those still waiting. I can't understand Skoda's order priority. I had convinced myself of a late November delivery.

Can anyone tell me where you are tracking the ships?

I'm really pleased for you, that's amazingly fast!  Skoda don't seem to get that their car order priority, or lack of, is going to cost them sales.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you getting your car in September :).

Well I ordered my Octy 2 weeks ago now so may just get it in time for my birthday in January! Great car and can't wait to drive it but I do agree with others if it takes too long I will be looking elsewhere for my next car, such a shame as the dealers I ordered from seem like a good bunch. 

11 hours ago, lfc958 said:

Bad news is that Skoda are not alone in making & breaking promises.

Recent news items involving  Vauxhall [ Zafira catching fire] & VW [ no emmissions cheat ] they have their heads in the sand that the problem does not exist, so it appears Motor maufacturers in general are a law unto themselves they make the rules up as they go along, wont put anything in writing so they can deny anything ever said.

It's not a new problem - in 1993 I ordered a well optioned MG Metro Turbo and was quoted 12 weeks delivery. After 16 weeks I had caused enough fuss to be given the direct line of the Production Manager at the factory (Longbridge, Birmingham) who told me that 16 weeks was OK and seemed unable to understand that being told 12 weeks I didn't find 16 weeks acceptable at all.

To rub salt in the wound when it was missing several options when it was finally delivered after 18 weeks - which I was then told couldn't be fitted... They took me all of 2 weeks to fit using OE parts bought from my local dealer, so that was a complete lie.

Car manufacturers know they have customers locked in once they have placed an order, so they just don't care about customer service...

45 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Well I ordered my Octy 2 weeks ago now so may just get it in time for my birthday in January! Great car and can't wait to drive it but I do agree with others if it takes too long I will be looking elsewhere for my next car, such a shame as the dealers I ordered from seem like a good bunch. 

What model? 

25 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Car manufacturers know they have customers locked in once they have placed an order, so they just don't care about customer service...

Which I believe will cost them sales in the long run.  It doesn't matter how good the car is if the customer service 'post order' sucks.  To me, it doesn't matter how good the vRS is, I won't order with Skoda again.  My attitude is, jerk me around once and you're done, and I don't think I'm alone in having this attitude.  There are loads of other choices out there...