Delivery Timescales

Twas pretty much the same story when they released the Mk3, some vRS TDI's waited 25-30 weeks, why the inconsistencies?  who knows.

As Peter says "joining the back of yet another que isn't really an option, so I guess we'll just have to suck it up.

BW34 has just started so mine should be entering the pipeline as we speak. I hope that's what happens and I won't be surprised at the end of the week that it slipped :) Still keeping my fingers crossed so all the stars will align in line and I will be able to take the delivery until 8th... 

After starting this thread and watching the mix of stories go by I have been given a build week of 37.

Have just changed colour to Race blue today so hope this doesn't affect the date.

Not yet holding my breath.

Changing the colour didn't seem to affect me. I changed from quartz to meteor grey about 3 weeks ago and am still expecting it to built next week (week 35). I ordered 17th July so should be around 11 weeks in total. Maybe I've just been lucky?

1 hour ago, Mati said:

BW34 has just started so mine should be entering the pipeline as we speak. I hope that's what happens and I won't be surprised at the end of the week that it slipped :) Still keeping my fingers crossed so all the stars will align in line and I will be able to take the delivery until 8th... 

Fingers crossed for you, Mati!

55 minutes ago, Birdbrainuk said:

After starting this thread and watching the mix of stories go by I have been given a build week of 37.

Eh? :biggrin:

55 minutes ago, Birdbrainuk said:

Have just changed colour to Race blue today so hope this doesn't affect the date.

Not yet holding my breath.

The choice of a real man! :D  I must admit to being swayed towards the Rallye Green initially but the blue looks so good in the flesh.  Somehow it stands out without being in your face like the green.

Just had a call from the lady at Motability re my car and the timescale with the order.  Quite surprisingly (not) she hasn't got anywhere with Skoda either!  The one positive note is that apparently my car is back to BW 37 today!!  Three weeks ago = week 40, two weeks ago = week 37, last week = week 40, this week back to week 37.

I'm at the stage now where I'm just thinking 'whatever!'  My BW dates change like the wind.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's back to BW 40 by the end of the week!

I'm off to practice my pranha breathing techniques and attempt to reach a state of yogi enlightenment on the karma wheel.  Either that or watch the footy, have a beer and chill :biggrin:.

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

The choice of a real man! :D  I must admit to being swayed towards the Rallye Green initially but the blue looks so good in the flesh.  Somehow it stands out without being in your face like the green.

Thanks for the comment been thinking about this for a while but decided to go for it.

1 hour ago, Birdbrainuk said:

Thanks for the comment been thinking about this for a while but decided to go for it.

I can't imagine anything worse than collecting a new car and knowing I've got the colour wrong even as I pick it up.  Good for you for making the change.  Blue is best, after all! :D

On 21/08/2017 at 16:36, Mati said:

Well BW 34 is half way through and have just been informed that car is built. I hope it is not too early now as it needs to be 67 plate!! Still can't believe how quick it has been. Hope the spec is correct!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vade said:

Well BW 34 is half way through and have just been informed that car is built. I hope it is not too early now as it needs to be 67 plate!! Still can't believe how quick it has been. Hope the spec is correct!!

Received wisdom is 4 weeks from BW to collection.......I can't see you getting before middle of Sept.

On 21/08/2017 at 16:36, Mati said:

Thanks for that. Suits me fine.

8 hours ago, juan27 said:

Received wisdom is 4 weeks from BW to collection.......I can't see you getting before middle of Sept.

Yeah that was what we've been led to believe however, my BW32 car is at the dealers having been PDI'd already, thats just 1-1/2 weeks if it was born on a Monday.

• Like 1

I've been told "up to 4 weeks" between the car being built and when I could collect it, but that sometimes it can be quicker depending on several factors such as when the transports are scheduled either end, how many vehicles need to be moved to the port, what the UK port-to-dealer delivery schedule is, how many cars the dealer has to PDI that week etc...

Edited by vrsMunkee

On 21/08/2017 at 18:31, peterhardy said:

Just had a call from the lady at Motability re my car and the timescale with the order.  Quite surprisingly (not) she hasn't got anywhere with Skoda either!  The one positive note is that apparently my car is back to BW 37 today!!  Three weeks ago = week 40, two weeks ago = week 37, last week = week 40, this week back to week 37.

I'm at the stage now where I'm just thinking 'whatever!'  My BW dates change like the wind.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's back to BW 40 by the end of the week!

I'm off to practice my pranha breathing techniques and attempt to reach a state of yogi enlightenment on the karma wheel.  Either that or watch the footy, have a beer and chill :biggrin:.

Last Friday, BW=40, Monday, BW=37.  Today I've just had another call from the lady at Motability and my car is now at BW 38.  You really couldn't make it up!  Skoda Customer Services have no idea what the words mean.  It's pointless wasting my breath speaking to them.  Off to draft an email to the MD, Duncan Movassaghi.  I think it will achieve precisely nothing but at least I can get a few things off my chest :angry:.

• Like 1

This ship left Emden yesterday are any of our vehicles on it

Last report:

Aug 25, 2017 07:46 UTC

Ship type:

Vehicles Carrier   Weser Highway

Flag:

Panama

Destination:

GRIMSBY

ETA:

Aug 25, 19:00

Lat/Lon:

53.52818 N/3.46638 E

Course/Speed:

269.7 ° / 12.7 kn.

Current draught: 5.4 m

Callsign:

H9DDIMO / MMSI:

9065417 / 355390000

Morning,

I'm guessing mine will be built as of now, build 34. Would it be to soon for it to be shipped already? Let's hope so, could have it in a couple of weeks. Exciting times. Haha. 

Seemingly cars take about a week to get to Emden from the factory so that rules out the BW 34 cars that have been built this week. Then they seem to sit around for 2-3 weeks awaiting a ship. So I guess it is potentially just cars from BW 29-32 I guess. Their will be other manufacturers using the ships too.

Edited by spinnaker

2 hours ago, DTS said:

This ship left Emden yesterday are any of our vehicles on it

Last report:

Aug 25, 2017 07:46 UTC

Ship type:

Vehicles Carrier   Weser Highway

Flag:

Panama

Destination:

GRIMSBY

ETA:

Aug 25, 19:00

Lat/Lon:

53.52818 N/3.46638 E

Course/Speed:

269.7 ° / 12.7 kn.

Current draught: 5.4 m

Callsign:

H9DDIMO / MMSI:

9065417 / 355390000

Quite possible my BW33 VRS 245 is on it as it was supposed to be "in Germany, awaiting shipment" on Monday. :biggrin:

emden.png

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker said:

Seemingly cars take about a week to get to Emden from the factory so that rules out the BW 34 cars that have been built this week. Then they seem to sit around for 2-3 weeks awaiting a ship. So I guess it is potentially just cars from BW 29-32 I guess. Their will be other manufacturers using the ships too.

Errrr, not so.

My BW32 was at the dealers & PDI'd Wednesday of this week.

2 minutes ago, spinnaker said:

I'm happy to be provided wrong on this! I was just going on what other people had said. My car is being built this week so totally happy to be wrong! :) 

Usually takes 4 weeks, guess I must be sleeping with the right people !!!!

Dealer said my BW34 order has left the factory towards my dealership yesterday :) They no longer can provide any updates until the car arrives at their floor. This radio silence keeps me on my toes!