Octavia road noise - is really that bad ??

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, MrApricot said:

My 2014 1.2 TSI Octavia gets quite noisy at high speeds. There's a bit of road noise, some vibration and some of wind noise from the drivers window. My old 2003 Golf was quieter.

Same here - I jumped out of my 2018 VRS into my wife's 2003 MK4 GT TDI Golf the other day and was very surprised.

Bigger performance wheels are noisy, especially under 25C outside temperature - which I suppose you have most of the time in the island. I switch to winter set when driving becomes unbearable, and that's way before it starts snowing in Serbia. 

Winter set is quiet.

23 hours ago, Nogrille said:

Same here - I jumped out of my 2018 VRS into my wife's 2003 MK4 GT TDI Golf the other day and was very surprised.

It's not that surprising. I think Skoda makes great cars, but with the lower price tag than VW and other similar brands they have to skimp on some stuff. Sound proofing is one of them.