Buying my PCH Octavia vrs tdi

Price similar cars?  Is there any haggle room? How do you go about buying from a PCH?

Edited by juan27

8 hours ago, Kellyseye77 said:

It had 9,700 miles just run in really 

5k miles p.a. 

No way I'd buy a diesel on that kind of mileage especially, with the environmentalists, politicians & ever other know-it-all, hammering on about diesel emissions.

15 grand is a lotta coin to drop on diesel when diesels cars are being made the patsy for Climate Change

• Like 2

Diesel can be very economical, but regular low mileage trips and not enough long runs mean the DPF and other gubbins aren't warming up enough to be effective, which can later clog up and cause other issues.

Does seem like a lot of car for the money, but only if your usage is fine for diesel.

15 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

15 grand is a lotta coin to drop on diesel when diesels cars are being made the patsy for Climate Change

This only applies to older cars that don't meet euro 6, even older petrol cars are getting hammered. 

15 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

According to climatologist/POTUS Trump, climate change doesn't exist, therefore...

Diesels FTW! 

Yeah, I know you tractor boys love them & whether you have science on your side or not Ryan.

I've NEVER known a Government miss an opportunity to raise taxes whilest BS'ing everyone "its for your own good"

Once the taxes start rising, city centre non-diesel zones appearing & the loony haters start having a pop, residuals will only go one way & taxes the other.

On 11/07/2017 at 07:03, themanwithnoaim said:

diesels cars are being made the patsy for Climate Change

Not climate change this time - it's air quality (NOx is an air quality issue)

I see exactly what you mean and I'd love a petrol 300+bhp monster but I simply can't justify the running costs with my current mileage. 

Maybe I should get a job closer to home ;)

• Like 1

Low mileage should be the reason to justify a petrol VRS. 

High mileage would cost considerably more

Is PCH the same as Lease? I've leased mine for 3 years and they told me I wouldn't be able to buy it but currently I want to when it runs out, surely my money is as good as the next man's without the hassle of having to sell it?