Quartz Grey or Cappuccino Beige

Hi All, 

I am looking to trade in my Picasso for a Superb 1.4 DSG SEL hatch. The Picasso is currently a grey which is quite close to quartz grey and so although that is probably my favourite colour I am not sure that I want the same again. My second favourite is Cappuccino Beige but I haven't managed to track one down to see. If you have seen a Superb in Cappuccino Beige or if your car is that colour can you provide your thoughts and/or photos please? Alternately, my wife prefers White which I think looks great on the estate but I am not sure about on the hatch. 

Thanks for your comments and I am really looking forward to joining the Skoda family... this is great site! 

Colour is personal and you'll need to make up your own mind so I won't tell you that x is better than y.

Photographs are no substitute for seeing one in the flesh but they are still probably a better guide than looking at a painted ball.

Also, if possible, view the car in natural outdoor light. Showroom lighting often gives you a false perception.

As a cappuccino owner my primary comment on that particular colour would be that as one of the 'lighter' colours it hides the dirt well.

I took this photo when it was quite dirty and in need of washing.

DSC00428.thumb.JPG.4c455b2a16c60c09329efa7b5fc75a9f.JPG

• Like 1

My MkII was cappuccino beige and my MkIII is quartz grey, so I've had both (both were/are hatches).  Cappuccino was SWMBO's choice and quartz grey was a joint choice of what was available after the MkII was written off in an accident as we had to buy a replacement car quickly.  Of the two, I prefer the quartz grey but SWMBO prefers cappuccino beige, so it's down to personal choice.  Life would be boring if we all liked the same and all cars were only one colour! 

Have a look around the used cars at the local dealers.

When we test drove the S3 we were thinking one of the greys or beige, I had a Passat that colour a couple of years ago.  The dealer had used cars in the grey and beige, the test drive was blue so the boss got to see several.  She actually preferred the Dragon Green but didn't like the sports seats.

I don't think the beige suits the car but it is a personal thing, with colours you need to see the car in the metal to judge.

Mine is quartz grey, had it nearly 2 years and still like it, looks great when it's had a wash and leather.  The cappuccino beige is ok but I would definitely tire of it in time Image result for superb 3 quartz greyof it in time 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Shhhkoda said:

Mine is quartz grey, had it nearly 2 years and still like it, looks great when it's had a wash and leather.  The cappuccino beige is ok but I would definitely tire of it in time Image result for superb 3 quartz greyof it in time 

That’s a fabulous picture. Nice location and lighting. 

• Like 3

Here's another cappuchino beige for you. Beige it definitely isn't !

Variously looks a soft golden and golden green. Very light shades which I prefer. It hides the dirt well

brijune.jpg

brijuly.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sagalout said:

Here's another cappuchino beige for you. Beige it definitely isn't !

Variously looks a soft golden and golden green. Very light shades which I prefer. It hides the dirt wellimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950da

brijune.jpg

brijuly.jpg

That's about as beige as John Major, to me anyway.

Both colours are great.  Personally I went quartz grey but only because I wanted a dark colour next time around and our other car is an Octavia 2 FL in aqua blue, so pale blue metallic.  Pale colours mask the dirt, quartz grey does not very well although better than black.

I optioned 19" phoenix diamond cut wheels on mine and as the inner spokes are dark it suits the dark exterior colour very well.  Also with a darker colour you don't notice the mud flaps which i find useful.  

Any colour is great, the Superb is Superb but quartz grey for me.  Some prefer the slightly lighter business grey.;)

I think cappuccino on the S3 looks great.  I thought it would look awful but in the flesh it really suits the lines and brightwork of the Superb.  I also feel the same of the Quartz, it's a very smart colour which contrasts well with the chrome trim.

I did originally want my Sportline in the Quartz but it was just too dark for the black trim to stand out and it just looked very flat IMO.

EDIT: The cappucino beige has a silver hue in my eyes, very similar to Silver Leaf metallic which I had on my Passat CC

Edited by penguin17

Quartz for me.  Haven't regretted it once, especially with the darker wheels.  (In need of a clean in the bottom picture tho  :tongueout:)

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

Edited by pgeldard
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, pgeldard said:

Quartz for me.  Haven't regretted it once, especially with the darker wheels.  (In need of a clean in the bottom picture tho  :tongueout:)

IMG_3853.JPG

This was the picture I first saw that I knew I had to have quartz grey.  When I saw one at the dealership with a black one it was a close run thing but quartz grey just looks stunning.  ;)

• Like 1

I just had mine delivered in cappuccino, and i think its just a little bit darker than my old BMW in cashmere silver! People around me not interested in autos still think i drive My 520. Very good color for hiding dirt and dust!

• Like 1

Hi, never added links before so I hope this works...

Quartz Grey clean..

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/432248-summer-time-photos/?do=findComment&comment=4866130

and dirty...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/432248-summer-time-photos/?do=findComment&comment=4887682

Colour really is a personal preference and as others have said, there is no substitute for seeing the car in the flesh. Mine has the standard Stratos wheels but I think it looks really good in this colour with dark wheels, makes it look a little more sporty IMO..

I'm sure you'll be very happy whichever you choose. Good luck....

• Like 1

Mine is Quartz Grey.... Great colour and hides the dirt and swirls better than most. 

Plus... On a sunny day it looks like glass with a great reflection.. Today it was dark and overcast and it just looked a lot darker and meaner.... As per pgeralds pictures above. 

IMG_20170706_220004.jpg

• Like 2