From order to delivery

1 hour ago, Sw1 said:

Hi All,

Just resurrecting this thread, had my order for my Super 280 L&K in moon white with a few options (not sunroof) confirmed last week by the dealer, I've been quoted 12 - 16 weeks.

In people's experience is this fairly accurate? Are the factories flat out this time of year or do they tend to slow down?

Got a Kodiaq earlier in the year for my wife (jan order which arrived in May), as it was a preorder and a brand new model I was happy with this.

I'm not in no hurry to get it, just curious really. It would be nice to get it this side of Xmas 

Got mine after 10 weeks. Delivered in sweden. First estimation was also 12 to 16 weeks. They should be able to give you a production week after a few days. From that they generally quote 4 weeks after that.

Mine was a 280 as well

Edited by Martysmarty

Thanks for your replies, this is good to know. 

Looking forward to taking the 280 for a spin when it arrives.

I placed order for mine Friday  22nd September, and happened to check in with dealer earlier today and was told a provisional build date 6 weeks away so if that is confirmed then expected handover "close to the start of December" but I don't know if he means end of Nov or going into December.  Hopefully build date doesn't slip as I'm excited to get the car.  If it does stay this way then it is quicker than they expected.  I'm wondering what could stop the date being confirmed, as any material shortages or factory hold ups could still happen after a date in confirmed all the confirmation could really be is the acknowledgement you're "in line" for the car to go through the factory?

My 2.0 150 Tdi manual SE Business Estate was with me approximately 12 - 14 weeks after I put my order in to my fleet administrator. I say approximately as there were quotes and approvals to be obtained before the order went in. The car arrived on the 11th September

My 2.0 TDI 150 DSG SE-L Exec was ordered through the lease company on 14th July, delivered to me 1st October. hope that may be of use

Ordered my 150 tdi manual sportline with Hortons Skoda on the 10th of August. They have confirmed build will be provisionally wc 23rd of october so delivery will be late november/early december. Seems to have taken alot longer than others? only option i specced was front sensors and a spare wheel.

I ordered mine around the 21st August.  I got told build week 40 (the week just gone).  I contacted Skoda customer services today for an update, as I did not want to keep badgering the dealer, and it's now in state 30 which is that it is on the slow to Emden before it is shipped over, hopefully later this week.

2 hours ago, RoadCycleNut said:

I had my order accepted for my Sportline (company car) on the 15th Sept and have received confirmation that it’s going to the factory tomorrow 9th Oct. Expected release date from the factory on the 19th October.

oit of interest what spec is it? 

Some of these order to deliver times are a lot shorter than for my company car. Order places with dealer in early June and build week 38 confirmed later. I am hoping to get it next week - it needs to be transported from the North East of England to me.

Mine was a factory order SE L Exec because of the options. Maybe some earlier because they were a more standard spec or easily adapted with a build slot allocated for an unsold car?

It's interesting to see the variation in build times between people, It appears that 10 - 12 weeks appears to be the average.

I'm hoping I will see the car this side of Xmas, will keep everyone updated. Thanks for all taking the time to post your replies with your specific models.

I got a build week of 38. Dealer contacted me today to say car now in stock (week 41) and I've arranged for delivery next Tuesday - it needs to be transported because more than 100 miles away from me.

22 hours ago, rtj70 said:

Some of these order to deliver times are a lot shorter than for my company car. Order places with dealer in early June and build week 38 confirmed later. I am hoping to get it next week - it needs to be transported from the North East of England to me.

Mine was a factory order SE L Exec because of the options. Maybe some earlier because they were a more standard spec or easily adapted with a build slot allocated for an unsold car?

Don't know really. Don't think my car is a standard spec as it got massage driver seat, heated steering wheel, Webasto remote controlled heater, progressive steering etc, canton, virtual pedal, rear seat package (230V outlet etc).

Ordered mine (L&K estate 220 TSI DSG) July 26th was told build week was week 40 and should be with them week 44.

I assume the big delay with order and build is for an estate slot. Still a bit miffed though as it's caused havoc extending the lease and trying to just get an extra months insurance on my existing car!

Edited by Tron

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2017 at 16:37, RoadCycleNut said:

I had my order accepted for my Sportline (company car) on the 15th Sept and have received confirmation that it’s going to the factory tomorrow 9th Oct. Expected release date from the factory on the 19th October.

Car been released from factory bang on time, now sat in port at Emden waiting to be shipped to blighty.

Mine is currently on the boat to Kent which should dock this afternoon, 2 weeks after build.

Hopefully I should have mine sometime next week.

Edited by roo

• 1 year later...

13 weeks today since I ordered my new Superb ( SE L Exec Hatch 1.5 TSI DSG) and still no word on a build week.

Is that normal these days?

13 hours ago, mandp said:

13 weeks today since I ordered my new Superb ( SE L Exec Hatch 1.5 TSI DSG) and still no word on a build week.

Is that normal these days?

I ordered april 29th, estate with 1.5 TSI DSG with a few options, got an unconfirmed build week of 26, I got that information just a week after ordering, have you asked your dealer?

I'm ordering from Sweden, maybe that makes a difference not sure, I was told that there were loads of orders going to UK because UK dealers were stockpiling cars because of brexit.

More like Skoda CZ / VW are punting as many 1.5 TSI vehicles to the UK on the wish and a dream they can punt them regardless of if the 'non troublesome' software / engine management is installed at thew factory.

'In before the lock'.

PS

BREXIT is supposedly at the end of October when it is MY20 vehicles that will be getting imported to the UK, deal or no deal.

Edited by Skoffski

33 minutes ago, pjkw said:

I ordered april 29th, estate with 1.5 TSI DSG with a few options, got an unconfirmed build week of 26, I got that information just a week after ordering, have you asked your dealer?

I'm ordering from Sweden, maybe that makes a difference not sure, I was told that there were loads of orders going to UK because UK dealers were stockpiling cars because of brexit.

Yeah my dealer has been keeping me informed every 2 weeks or so...and just says that there is no info from the factory!