Had my first off last night

Volvomeg

Outside of the helmet doesn't need to be damaged much for it to need replaced. The internal stuff is designed to deform with impact but only once.

So any sign of it hitting the deck it'd be best to replace it.

Not the same I know but -

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:33, CWARD said:

if you have any doubts about your helmet then replace it. It will nag at you if you don't. 

What bike do you have?

It already is nagging me, think it will be getting replaced,

My bike pre accident

Bike.png

• 2 weeks later...

I caught my two week old helmet on something whilst riding in Scotland last week. Not sure what I hit as the wife, riding pillion, didn't see it but I felt it and it broke one of the top vents and left a feint scratch on the helmet paintwork. I took it to MyMoto at Gildersome last week but they said to bring it to the Bone Yard Bike and Scooter show they are hosting this Sunday as the Arai Race service truck will be there and they can inspect the helmet properly. I'll be gutted if I need to replace it so soon.

If you get the chance pop in. It's £3 entrance but it's going to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, which we all hope we'll never need but nice to know it's there if we do.

https://www.facebook.com/events/118906058835019/   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

I caught my two week old helmet on something whilst riding in Scotland last week. Not sure what I hit as the wife, riding pillion, didn't see it but I felt it and it broke one of the top vents and left a feint scratch on the helmet paintwork. I took it to MyMoto at Gildersome last week but they said to bring it to the Bone Yard Bike and Scooter show they are hosting this Sunday as the Arai Race service truck will be there and they can inspect the helmet properly. I'll be gutted if I need to replace it so soon.

If you get the chance pop in. It's £3 entrance but it's going to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, which we all hope we'll never need but nice to know it's there if we do.

https://www.facebook.com/events/118906058835019/   

That's rotten luck, bloody good cause though as as you say I hope that none of us ever need it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Helmet got a clean bill of health but vent has had to be ordered. 

A lot of interesting bikes but this one was very intriguing. Anyone tell me why? Winner gets sweet FA. 

IMG_1342.JPG

37 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

It's a diesel Bike

Spot on! If you'd seen it start up with the big cloud of exhaust you'd have thought it was the latest VW euro compliant diesel but was an Axiam. 

I had a good look at the bike and the one with ' Think Biker ' on the Tank. I took a punt it was a deisel as I couldn't see the Spark plug lead. Plus the Engine isn't covered, I would think it gets very hot so it  needs lots of Air to keep it cool. Bit of a long shot to be honest. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I had a good look at the bike and the one with ' Think Biker ' on the Tank. I took a punt it was a deisel as I couldn't see the Spark plug lead. Plus the Engine isn't covered, I would think it gets very hot so it  needs lots of Air to keep it cool. Bit of a long shot to be honest. 

Lots of Enfields have had various diesel engines.   http://www.dieselbike.net/royalenfield/royalenfield.htm

My 350 bullet would do fantastic mpg anyways ie 70-80 mpg anyways so not sure of the point.

As the article says some were for a common fuel policy in service.  

There I was thinking it was something pretty rare. This guy had come over from Ireland on the bike complete with dog tucked in his jacket. Surprised he made it, it shook that much not to mention the cloud of exhaust. His was definitely more I've got this engine and I'm sure I can make it fit, nowhere near the standard of those in the link.