AMD's 2 litre 304bhp 162mph Fabia Monte Carlo TDi *6 speed conversion*

AMD87

6 minutes ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

That looks like fun, is it like a sort of auto testing that you do as well as being on track?

Davy

Pretty much yeah. The next round is on a kart track plus we have 3 rounds at the kames sprint track and one on the runway at leuchars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a couple of days. Got the car to the garage first thing yesterday and straight away started having issues. 

First thing was the turbo, mines was fitted with a KKK/Borgwarner turbo rather than a Garrett and the new turbo I had was a Garrett. 

Next issue was the “bolt on” intercooler that was made specifically made for this platform yet no matter how we tried to line it up there was no where for the brackets to go.  

Then we get to the egr cooler. On other fabias that they gave did the connectors have been a 16mm but mine had to be a 20mm so called the place who couldn’t get one delivered so ended up hiring a car driving down to Wakefield to get the pipe and also a quick detour to Darkside Developments to pick up a braided oil feed as the standard one was causing issues and a turbo intake pipe as the one provided was too small. 

Getting there though. 

41145218505_fb60849b0d_c.jpg
27175094147_027fcb956d_c.jpg
27175094947_c1d9894ee4_c.jpg

41325069184_08fc01339f_c.jpg
41325068884_5029e874df_c.jpg

41145218695_85cdfd486e_c.jpg

27175092487_18c7671908_c.jpg

Edited by AMD87

On 22/05/2018 at 18:00, AMD87 said:

Yeah 

Did the swap go ok, are you back on the road? . Did you get to 200+ hp at below 3,000 rpm you are hoping for?.

7 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

Did the swap go ok, are you back on the road? . Did you get to 200+ hp at below 3,000 rpm you are hoping for?.

Turbo came off on Wednesday then was sent away and the guys have been off for the bank holiday weekend. Hopefully new turbo on this week and finished for the weekend. 

It wasnt so much the 200bhp below 3000rpm more than the turbo didn’t start boosting till 3000:D

7 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

That's good news, expect you'll be glad to get the car back, I know I'd be missing mine .

I do hope this is the end of this saga.

fingers crossed, Saga being all my own fault wanting more power :D

The guys and girls at ADE Tuning have been fantastic throughout it, no bull or sugar coating but at the same time no pressure in upselling even to the point i was willing to buy more but they explained that i really didn't need to.