Removing Door Mirror Covers

• 2 years later...

Sorry, I know this is old, but I was wondering if there might be an easier way to do it, or if this is really the only way... I would like to replace the standard LED blinkers with dynamic ones that look really cool, but I'm afraid of breaking something expensive just for the nice looks of it... Just the glass alone looks rather expensive!

Cheers!

If you reverse out of a garage close enough to the door to catch the mirror housing 

It comes off pretty easily ....

This didn't happen to me the other week at all at 5am in the morning 

Luckily it clips back on with no issues 

On another note 

I am still looking at this every day which annoys me to hell . It got lost when I was using a pressure washer 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oWJSSpSkuTKoZuq56

Spares from your replacements would be awesome ....lol.....

I think it got broken off, maybe when you didn't hit the garage door?  :biggrin: . I really liked to see the dynamic ones on some videos I saw, and they are some 30£ or less  a pair from aliexpress, but to think I can break a 40-50£ mirror (or two!) in the process really puts me off... I think (for now) I'll consider another project, which is to add some soundproofing material to the back of the car. There's too much tire/road noise coming from there.

Edited by pcspinheiro

19 hours ago, pcspinheiro said:

I saw, and they are some 30£ or less  a pair from aliexpress

dynamic turns signals kit looks promising

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/dynamic-turn-signal-superb-iii.html?SearchText=dynamic+turn+signal+superb+iii

BUT will i able see small corner from inside of car?
which is designed for easy diagnostic

On 20/09/2019 at 12:29, pcspinheiro said:

I think it got broken off, maybe when you didn't hit the garage door?  :biggrin: . 

That I could live with for being my own stupid fault but this is the opposite mirror.

It was there one day and gone the next ...only thing I did was pressure wash the car ....

Another mystery ....

• 7 months later...

I’m planning on wrapping my mirrors, and whilst I’m at it why not replace the lights with these dynamic ones...

Anyone managed successfully pop off the cover or does it need unscrewing? 

5 hours ago, drewellis said:

If you are talking about the colour-coded door mirror cover, they pop off - as I found by accident when giving the car a clean a while back... I did manage to put it back on with no problem though. As I didn't remove it on purpose I can't give any guidance, but a "squeeze and pull" technique might work (fnaar). 😄

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, drewellis said:

I’m planning on wrapping my mirrors, and whilst I’m at it why not replace the lights with these dynamic ones...

I've replaced mine with dynamic indicators - removing the top cover alone will not let u do it.

U need to remove the mirror, remove the top cover, remove the bottom cover, before u can get to the mounting points of the actual indicator itself.

There r YouTube vids showing how to do it.

It's not hard.  Just gotta b patient n take ur time following the steps.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, drewellis said:

must be similar as Octavia's

waiting for second edition of dynamic turn signal

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/454623-what-have-you-done-to-your-superb-iii-today/page/34/?tab=comments#comment-5357529

• Thanks 1

On 11/05/2020 at 06:37, MartiniB said:

must be similar as Octavia's

waiting for second edition of dynamic turn signal

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/454623-what-have-you-done-to-your-superb-iii-today/page/34/?tab=comments#comment-5357529

So are there none currently for the Superb that show the light through that little hole?

• 11 months later...

Just got my upgrade set from Superskoda, and wondering if there is a way to remove the covers wihtouth removing the glass, kinda expensive if i break it, its dimming, and heated.. So has anyone managed to remove the covers without removing the glass?

40 minutes ago, bubib5 said:

Just got my upgrade set from Superskoda, and wondering if there is a way to remove the covers wihtouth removing the glass, kinda expensive if i break it, its dimming, and heated.. So has anyone managed to remove the covers without removing the glass?

do you have a link? I noticed the passenger side mirror has the tiny bit at the end of the indicator broken on it.

13 hours ago, bubib5 said:

yes, i've done it.  

while u need force to remove the mirror, u do need to b careful not to break it.  as u say - they r expensive to replace.

there is a how-to installation video a guy did on his Octavia.  link below. 

its the same deal with the Superb.

should help u.