The next PM?

S00perb

4 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Yep it's definitely an emotive subject and one that has split families and friendships!

Likewise I know people who voted for similarly daft reasons...  Such as they were 'just fed up with it all'...

But by the same token I know people who have changed sides recently...   From remain to leave...   Which is one reason why I'm less convinced by the argument that has been made about a repeat referendum changing the result.  In many ways I think views against the EU have increased and hardened.  Now that may be a result of media reporting but a lot of the latter has been about the negatives and not the positives, so you wonder just how influential it is and that in turn brings into question all the arguments form the remain side re social media and the media in general.

Boris scares me in some ways, as does Corbyn, but at the least he is professing to give certainty of an outcome in terms of a date and that appeals to a large part of the population.

Well, when you have certain newspapers who've pumped out anti EU nonsense for forty odd years unquestioned then obviously it sticks in peoples minds and they believe what they read in the papers. The worst are the Mail, The Sun, The Express and The Telegraph.
Most stories they ran have been proven to be fake or exaggerated. I can provide you a list but not tonight.
Boris Johnson was even sacked from the Times (or Telegraph vice versa) for making stuff up to sell copy.
Then you have the 'Crush the Saboteurs' and 'Enemies of the People' rhetoric from the Daily Mail.
These papers, and their publishers, know exactly what they're doing when they print such stories and headlines. They're trying to sow division and we fall for it at our own peril.
Mind you, the owners of these papers don't really care; it's all a big game to them, I think. Played from their safe hideaways off shore and not paying tax.
One thing's for sure; we now have the most right wing govt I can think of and an even more right wing ****** nipping at his heels.

I’ll never forget the image of Boris and his stooges for a cabinet all banging the table in furious agreement.

What’s to debate then when you have professional yes-men/women !

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I was thinking if he is on medication perhaps a good idea to reduce dosage.:rofl:

Can I ask you a serious question?
Have you ever contributed to any serious discussion on the topics in RH? I mean *seriously* contributed?
Or do you just chip in with a, and I use this term in its loosest sense, 'joke' in order to get a reaction?
Believe me, I understand the short buzz you get from getting a notification that tells you somebody 'liked' what you said. It's gratifying but, when all's said and done it means nowt.
You even used this as 'evidence' for some thing or other only yesterday. What was it again?
You're not the only one so don't feel like I'm targetting you but you do seem to give the impression that you have your own opinion on everything and we all need to read it.

2 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Have you ever contributed to any serious discussion on the topics in RH? I mean *seriously* contributed?
Or do you just chip in with a, and I use this term in its loosest sense, 'joke' in order to get a reaction?
Believe me, I understand the short buzz you get from getting a notification that tells you somebody 'liked' what you said. It's gratifying but, when all's said and done it means nowt.
You even used this as 'evidence' for some thing or other only yesterday. What was it again?
You're not the only one so don't feel like I'm targetting you but you do seem to give the impression that you have your own opinion on everything and we all need to read it.

Lee, note that they never had any content of their own beyond trying to shout down the questioner.

It’s their fundamental weakness of having no idea what is in store.

2 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Your short term memory is kicking in again LEE. You mentioned how many times Donald Trump had been declared bankrupt with no evidence given and your followers lap it up and never challenge you about the facts. I quoted the fact that he is filty rich to the tune of between $2.8-3.5 billion but you ignored this fact and I even quoted other well known previous US Presidents so that you could compare their relative wealth. So to answer your question yes I contribute plenty of facts but your blinkers stop you from seeing them.:blush

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Your short term memory is kicking in again LEE. You mentioned how many times Donald Trump had been declared bankrupt with no evidence given and your followers lap it up and never challenge you about the facts. I quoted the fact that he is filty rich to the tune of between $2.8-3.5 billion but you ignored this fact and I even quoted other well known previous US Presidents so that you could compare their relative wealth. So to answer your question yes I contribute plenty of facts but your blinkers stop you from seeing them.:blush

https://www.thoughtco.com/donald-trump-business-bankruptcies-4152019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-has-trump-declared-bankruptcy-four-or-six-times/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.65024edf5687
https://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/news/companies/donald-trump-bankruptcy/
I have more if you want to carry on?

You have to wonder why Deutsche Bank and Donald Trump are so keen to avoid exposure of such brilliant investing strategies employed by Trump.

What was that about Russian money laundering?.

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

He might not have been made bankrupt, but several of his businesses have been. 

He would have milked them for sure

3 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

He might not have been made bankrupt, but several of his businesses have been. 

He would have milked them for sure

Apparently leaving your tradies in the lurch is positively presidential.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Washington Post states Trump filed for Chapter 11 Bankrupcy Protection so his companies could continue trading and pay off debts to creditors.:o

........and now even Deutsche bank won’t talk to him.

Funny that, for some reason Russians use the same bank.

I thought this was the 'next PM' thread, but I seems to have morphed into the 'Donald Trump, most dangerous man on the planet' thread 🤔 

It's interesting that two non UK members like to post lots of anti UK sentiment. I think they are working for Putin In an attempt to destabilise the UK. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, moley said:

I thought this was the 'next PM' thread, but I seems to have morphed into the 'Donald Trump, most dangerous man on the planet' thread 🤔 

It's interesting that two non UK members like to post lots of anti UK sentiment. I think they are working for Putin In an attempt to destabilise the UK. 

Sadly you could be more wrong and culpable.

I’ve been banging on about the big picture and you have been examining your navel.

The only person who can’t believe his luck is the callous, calculating, murderous Putin who has destroyed any concept of Russian democracy but now seen as one leading the nation back to ‘greatness’.

Does that sound familiar.

Repeating documentaries on the nazi/totalitarian era is needed more than any other time because Putin’s ultimate objective is to make every democracy an example of a failed system.

Do you seriously think there is going to be a return to greatness in a unified trading world.

The threads on Trump, Brexit and the next PM all merge but of course that doesn’t have to stop you explaining what leaving the biggest trading block will produce of greater benefit.

What are you going to export over a vastly greater distance and to whom ?.

I can’t think of anything we would look to import as we would like to expand our exports in services.

Our primary producers are not protected in the same way the EU block and the US are, so exporting to Britain would be our priority.   I doubt if your farmers are thrilled with the prospect of exposure to the chilly winds of an FTA as a trade off or do the cons consider them as expendable.  What would we import from you?.

Our auto industry has pricing discipline from our FTA with Thailand.

We look to export education, financial and legal services to the subcontinent ..........in competition with you I guess .

Where are your answers?.

@moley you need to be careful when speaking to crazy people and their conspiracy theories, they may actually think you care. Don’t feed the troll in the tin foil hat

09EDB31E-FF5F-424B-A4A3-1321BCB7A870.jpeg

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 1

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland makes speeches and announcements like 20,000 more police will be recruited, the news reports it, but this is Police for England.

Or is it 20,000 more in 4 countries because it does not appear to be by the news reporting?

Today the story is about funding high speed trains for the north and  a route between Leeds and Manchester.

So North of England, not The North.

Now Donald Trump has said that 'the trade deal' between UK and the US could be great. 

He also said UK & Great Britain and the word you do not hear much England.   

Well you dont hear it much from Prime Ministers announcements when something is just for England, or sometimes England and Wales.

Nigel must be feeding him more guff, and The Donald will be fully understanding that The Bank of England is what matters, and the British Prime Minister of England.

Edited by Roottootemoot

Rupert Murdoch plays anyone and everyone so none the wiser what he is up to with Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump.

He had a hold over Tony Blair and David Cameron.

Edited by Roottootemoot

2 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland makes speeches and announcements like 20,000 more police will be recruited, the news reports it, but this is Police for England.

Or is it 20,000 more in 4 countries because it does not appear to be by the news reporting?

Today the story is about funding high speed trains for the north and  a route between Leeds and Manchester.

So North of England, not The North.

Now Donald Trump has said that 'the trade deal' between UK and the US could be great. 

He also said UK & Great Britain and the word you do not hear much England.   

Well you dont hear it much from Prime Ministers announcements when something is just for England, or sometimes England and Wales.

Nigel must be feeding him more guff, and The Donald will be fully understanding that The Bank of England is what matters, and the British Prime Minister of England.

We have heard lots of announcement of ambitious policy goals but little delivery.

The amount the UK sinks further in to debt has slowed to about £25B a year but the cumulative increase in UK national debt is almost a trillion pounds.

Cons claim lowering the borrowing but that us due to worldwide lending rates lowering nit their business aptitude which has been 9 years of Austerity and a future of isolation with the US America first as our main and self interested "friend".

Don’t worry about the National Debt, if Labour get into power you may remember they want to nationalise the railways, water and energy something they can’t do under EU legislation and they would also have to pay the market rate unless we become the next Venezuela. They soon smash the £T and be heading to £2T with no positive effect on the GDP. 

• Like 1

Just watched Boris's biggest fanboy on TV.   

?

Does he think he will be PM eventually?

Dr. Tom Harwood of Guido Fawkes.   

I had seen & heard him before but not really paying attention to who he is.

His attitude to anyone that disagrees with him or criticises Boris is way over the top.

I can see there is nice job coming his way soon but really Boris's team need to distance themselves from him IMO.

3 years back.

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

Johnson and Trump both reduce everything to a binary world.  Nothing is complicated because they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong.  You are either onboard or not and if things don’t work out they are to blame.

No nuanced arguments or complex negotiations requiring compromise  - just a blizzard of promises and when asked to expand the reporter is held up as an example of the problem.

• Like 1