Powerbulbs

devonutopia

Hullo

I put my order in to Powerbulbs for my vision plus bulbs on Sunday, so didn't expect them yesterday, but I arrived at work this morning @ 8.20, and the bulbs had already been delivered. :thumbup: Dead impressed with speed, ease of use, product. Top marks to Jon and others for the recommendation.

:bouncer:

Opened the box, and I've been drooling over them. I'm going to fit them in a minute along with the blue sidelight bulbs, which I'm not sure how they fit (anyone know) - The ends of the sidelights bulbs looked like they were missing a fitting, but I'm sure they're fine. I've just never ever changed a sidelight bulbs before. :rolleyes:

I'll post a piccie or two on Wednesday / Thursday, when I'll have them fitted, and be home to be able to d/l the piccies to my PC.

:cheers:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sidelights are dead easy to fit - they push into the socket. Yep' date=' I recon you'll be happy with the Vision Plus bulbs Jason - I am on the Octy.

Rob[/quote']

They are dead easy to fit.. IF you can get the old bulbs out.. its v.tight in the furby enginebay.. all the space taken up with the throbbing Torque generator.

Thanks for the warning Howard. :rolleyes:

I have to be doubly careful, literally, as I'm doing both sides. :shocked:

PS: anyone else experiencing the formatting problem?

The main forum page is fine for me, but all threads are about 30 screen widths wide! :eek:

Thanks for the warning Howard. :rolleyes:

I have to be doubly careful' date=' literally, as I'm doing both sides. :shocked:

PS: anyone else experiencing the formatting problem?

The main forum page is fine for me, but all threads are about 30 screen widths wide! :eek:[/quote']

Just you, Jason, mine looks fine (cool Quote box, but the font's a little small).

Opened the box' date=' and I've been drooling over them. I'm going to fit them in a minute along with the blue sidelight bulbs, which I'm not sure how they fit (anyone know) - The ends of the sidelights bulbs looked like they were missing a fitting, but I'm sure they're fine. I've just never ever changed a sidelight bulbs before.

[/quote']

They're "capless" bulbs - the contacts are the two short wires which are folded up over the flat end. Just push them into the socket, that's all there is to it :)

They're "capless" bulbs - the contacts are the two short wires which are folded up over the flat end. Just push them into the socket, that's all there is to it :)

'501' to give them their correct code! :p

Echoing the thoughts above: Remember the covers Jason! ;)

Well - Changeover was successful.

I had a fair bit of trouble getting the left hand sidelight bulb out due to my big hands being unable to get easily in the gap between the light and the battery. (and you know what they say about men with big hands... big gloves)

With the help of a screwdriver, I popped it out OK, and indeed it was a doddle to change over the sidelight bulbs. :thumbup: - The dipped beam bulbs also went in OK, as I've had plenty of practise, haven't I.

I had a good test of the sidelights & dipped beam, and they look the daddy, They'll get their first proper driven test tonight when I go home. When the lights are off, the blue sidelight bulbs look really nice too.

And, before anyone says, when I reattached the right hand cover, I wiggled the thing about, shook it, muttering, "are you gonna come off? are you? [wiggle] You come off, and I'm gonna melt you!" - and words to that effect. :D - Don't they say once burned, twice shy?

Thanks for all the recommendations for powerbulbs BTW. I'm dead chuffed!

A classic case of "DOH!" - Left the camera in the office overnight, but I'll try and take it out at lunchtime to get some shots of the new setup. It's not really that obvious when stationary, but it's wonderful when driving. You get such good illumination of the road, a real crisp white light! - And they don't appear like special bulbs from the outside, but whilst overtaking slowly last night, I was comparing how my bulbs lit the carriageway, compared to who I was overtaking... Bit sad, eh? - It'll wear off! :D

IMHO, the Vision + are better. They are based on the +50% technology whereas the Blue Vison are based on the +30%. They give a different light, but they don't have the range of the Vision + (or the Rallye :D )

I've no experience of the blue vision bulbs, but based on the Octavia FAQ bit on headlights, the vision plus is a good value, better performing bulb. I only hope they last longer than the standard ones, else they're more to replace when they blow...

I highly recommend them anyway! :thumbup:

As promised, I took a couple of close-up piccies of the new bulbs, and only one came out semi-decent (damn complicated camera, still not used to it!) - This is the view of the new sidelight bulb with the vision plus above - The dipped beam bulb looks identical to the standard ones, but I like the blue tints on the sidelights. :thumbup:

blue_sidelight.jpg

And I tried to get a good shot of the dipped beam range / brightness, and only one of four shots came out reasonable, and even it is bloody fuzzy too, so here it is. Anyone reckon it's brighter than standard? I do. :D

light%20on%20bank.jpg

I've got Blu Visions fitted to me Octy..........brighter than standard and has a wider spread but......the dipped beam is only a little longer than standard.

In retrospect I should have got the Vision Plus........got them before Jon did his review.

May fit them to SWMBO car 9if same fitment) or pass them onto my Dad and then get the Vision Pluses.