New Karoq Offer

josall

• john999boy changed the title to New Karoq Offer
On 13/10/2017 at 22:13, josall said:

Hi everyone, Just received an offer from Simpsons on the new Koroq

So I thought it may be of interest for discussion

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/karoq-se-tech/

The deposit is very high, for 24 months is effectively adding over £100 per month.  So effectively renting from £250-330 per month

Agreed. If you take a mid-point example like Karoq 1.5TSI 150PS DSG Auto SE Technology - £179 per month inc VAT, this looks great. Then you do the sums that SurreyJohn is talking about and it looks rather less attractive. £179 x 23 months gives you £4117, then you add on the deposit of £2490, giving £6607. If you divide that by 24 months you're looking at about £275 a month. Then when you hand it back, you hope they don't quibble about "fair wear and tear" and charge you some more on top. Just a cautionary thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just been emailed this offer,   Over 24 months works out at average £186 (including VAT) per month, it does seem odd that Karoq is cheaper than some Fabia deals

http://www.fleetprices.co.uk/personal-lease-cars/skoda/karoq-estate

Some of the 2 year deals seem good value, especially if you can hand back just before service is due.  I am guessing that Skoda are trying to get loads on the Road and a decent supply of used ones with mileages of 15-20k in 2 years time.

Simpsons want you to collect the car from them, but for people in the South of England it's a bit of a hassle. 

I have just sent the Simpsons offer to my local Skoda dealer to see if they can match it, and they did. It's worth a try.

The Karoq lease deals are very attractive. Marshall's have offered me an SE Tech 1.5 DSG for £1,556 initial plus 23x £173pm. That's £5,535 in total.

If I purchased the car new, even including a decent dicount it would depreciate by ~£8K within two years, plus I'd have to pay for the second years Road Tax. Current lease prices provide good savings if you change your cars every 2-3 years.

Above price is for a bog-standard car, but SE Tech spec is pretty good.

Edited by Orville

I must admit it is a close call. If you look at https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/car-running-costs-calculator?Years=3&Miles=30000&CarType=suv-and-crossover&Manufacturer=skoda&Model=karoq&CO2From=&CO2To=&BIKPriceFrom=&BIKPriceTo=&SortBy=Manufacturer&SortDesc=False&FuelType=petrol

You would need to add in a £1500 discount if taking out a pcp, so depreciation would be £21,810 down to £12,750 over 3 years, about £9K.

Colin

1 hour ago, eribaMotters said:

I must admit it is a close call. If you look at https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/car-running-costs-calculator?Years=3&Miles=30000&CarType=suv-and-crossover&Manufacturer=skoda&Model=karoq&CO2From=&CO2To=&BIKPriceFrom=&BIKPriceTo=&SortBy=Manufacturer&SortDesc=False&FuelType=petrol

You would need to add in a £1500 discount if taking out a pcp, so depreciation would be £21,810 down to £12,750 over 3 years, about £9K.

Colin

Don't forget the additional £2700 interest charged for taking out Skoda's PCP Finance @ 5.5% APR over 3-years. That would make it a ~£11,7000 loss over 36 months, or 36x £325pm total cost. You also need to add Road Tax.

The 2-year lease above works out at 24x £231pm total cost.

Edited by Orville

• 3 weeks later...

Leasing ridiculously cheap for a PCH 1.0 TSI SE Technology 5dr..cheaper than the Yeti was

£214.72
Per Month, INC VAT
Rental Profile 1+23
Annual Mileage 8k Miles p/a
Initial Rental £214.72
Additional Fees None
Edited by cootuk
yeti

On 05/12/2017 at 23:45, bigjohn said:

LingsCars has some great PCH deals on the Karoq:-

Probably similar to Fleetprices and Hub Leasing, and you don't have to put up with an annoyingly designed website ;)

They have comparable deals, but on the 1.5TSI.

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

Probably similar to Fleetprices and Hub Leasing, and you don't have to put up with an annoyingly designed website ;)

They have comparable deals, but on the 1.5TSI.

For me the one thing in favour of Ling cars is I know someone that's one their second car through them.

At the moment leasing never quite adds up for me due to my highish annual mileage - although they do look attractive

I always aim for less than £100/month capital cost with a new/nearly new car but that involves then keeping cars for a while and throwing away (nearly) at the end and ignoring depreciation. However with leasing road fund licence is included and servicing should be minimal during the hire period - probably not needing brakes etc. You also end up running a newish car all the time .

I also like owning a car rather than having a montlhy outlay as you never know when your circumstances may change - I got caught out a lot of years ago by redundancy and have been somewhat risk averse ever since

All these things obviously need considering - you just need to go with which approach works best for you :thumbup:

My current Yeti was sourced via Hub Leasing and I'd have no hesitation using them again, or recommending them.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 23:39, Wardy said:

My current Yeti was sourced via Hub Leasing and I'd have no hesitation using them again, or recommending them.

Looks good  - Karoq 1.0 SE Tech 10k miles/year - 6+23 @ £178.94 inc vat (total for 24 months £4294.56)

Edited by bigjohn

^^^

Go buy a new factory build or even an ex demonstrator of any model from any manufacturer for £20,000-£30,000 car and it will cost you £2,500-£3,500 a year in depreciation and probably more in the first 2-3 years.

Then that £20,000-£30,000 needs Cash Money laid out, or Financed and borrowing money might be cheap but not free, even if it shows 0% interest.

Leasing a £20,000-£32,000 or so RRP vehicle for 3 years from 'Motability' the charity costs over £9,000.

(You are allowed to do 20,000 miles a year though..)

Edited by AwaoffSki

Including VAT can get 2 year lease on 1.0tsi technology for under £5000, example on link

http://www.claris-vs.com/personal-lease-cars/skoda/karoq-estate

As that includes car tax I suspect, it would be virtually impossible to buy one, suffer 2 years depreciation and resell without costing more than £5k

Its not as if you need a big deposit, there is a 1+23 deal in there for £199.63, for all 24 months,  so that’s £4791.12 over the 2 years.  Even after adding the £358 admin fee doesn’t take it much over £5k total.

• Like 1